The sheer stupidity of the "who has he beat" logic

I try and use this kind of thinking when I see 10 posts a day about some guy who has beaten no one but, has lost to a Versace model.

Name me one great fighter who had a big win before his first big win.

There is none. All great fighters literally beat nobody until they beat somebody.

Yet they all became great fighters.

Never use that retarded logic again.

Yeah, about retarded logic. Seriously, check your own. Of course fans are going to measure a fighter's greatness by their resume. If you don't want us doing that, you're going to have to invent a better way to measure a fighter's ability. As it stands now, who has he beat is the very best way to get a feel for how good any fighter is.

There is none. All great fighters literally beat nobody until they beat somebody.

Who has Khabib beat again? In the last half a decade?

Yeah, about retarded logic. Seriously, check your own. Of course fans are going to measure a fighter's greatness by their resume. If you don't want us doing that, you're going to have to invent a better way to measure a fighter's ability. As it stands now, who has he beat is the very best way to get a feel for how good any fighter is.
How about you get your ass in the gym to learn a thing or two about fighting then watch the fights? It's a better use of your time than Fight Finder anyway.

The thing from MJ is so overblown,and his striking is not bad,just stiff....when someone is as good as khabib,they see him get hit once and like OMG. Remember when Fujita hit Fedor,they thought that someone was gonna knock him out,but he stayed undefeated for like 7 decades after that....but yeah..khabibs offensive wrestling/submission defense is RIDICULOUS. When i watched Jones vs Bonnar it was more like,this kid has so many skills but what hes doing out there isnt put together yet, There wasnt any rhyme or reason to alot of what he was doing but he was still too good for bonnar to win. I was like all he needs to do is put his game together..which he obviously did.

His stiffness may be the biggest issue (no homo) and that may be what hinders him from being great at it. Jones is a freak athlete and seems like he can pick up any martial art and be competitive at it fairly quickly, while Khabib can just maul you like the bear he is and there isn't much you can do to stop it.

His stiffness may be the biggest issue (no homo) and that may be what hinders him from being great at it. Jones is a freak athlete and seems like he can pick up any martial art and be competitive at it fairly quickly, while Khabib can just maul you like the bear he is and there isn't much you can do to stop it.
I dont say they are the same,just that i knew khabib was world class even when he was tossin Trujillo around.

The only people that defend this are those that support fighters that haven't beaten anyone.

Case in point: @HHJ is in here white knighting Khabib...because he doesn't have 1 top 5 win and therefore hasn't beaten anyone.

The only people that defend this are those that support fighters that haven't beaten anyone.

Case in point: @HHJ is in here white knighting Khabib...because he doesn't have 1 top 5 win and therefore hasn't beaten anyone.
Keep praying he gets injured again buddeh. I dont defend the OP. I just say that sometimes you just know a guy is the shit by what he does,not who he does it too. Not everyone has to agree,they aint as advanced as me,dont have my intuition. Its all good,i expect not everyone is on my level.

Keep praying he gets injured again buddeh. I dont defend the OP. I just say that sometimes you just know a guy is the shit by what he does,not who he does it too. Not everyone has to agree,they aint as advanced as me,dont have my intuition. Its all good,i expect not everyone is on my level.
praying. I'm praying he doesn't so he gets his mouth shut. I don't want him to lay in hospital for another 2 years and claim he's still undefeated.

Is this a pro-Gus or pro-Cyborg thread? In either case, "who has he beat" is a fair question.

dom cruz tried to use that on cody - cody's response was 'it doesnt matter' - he was right
But Cody beat Dom.
If he didn't, others would've been pointing it out, too. He would've been the guy who got gifted/rushed into a title shot and lost, until he got a big win

Well said
That line is always used on here by shertards and it always irked me.

The " who has he beat " isn't used to say fighters suck, it's used to imply they're unproven which is exactly the case.

Looking impressive against mid level competition doesn't always mean a whole lot. We've had lots of fighters who destroy mid level competition then whenever they face the elite of the division they lose. Kinda like Mousasi

How about you get your ass in the gym to learn a thing or two about fighting then watch the fights? It's a better use of your time than Fight Finder anyway.

How about you get your ass into an Intro to Logic class to learn a thing or two about syllogisms? It's a better use of your time than making crappy threads.

No it makes no sense for Khabib. He's already beaten RDA who has since been a legit champ.
It's the usual arguement here on Sherdog

Prior to him and ferg being official everyone was saying ferg should get the shot at Conor and their reason was the who had he beat to deserve a fight with Conor

This doesn't make any sense, because a lot of times 'who has he beat' is used when someone already has a lot of bouts, but loses to top fighters.

This, I most commonly hear it used for Gus more than anyone for example.

Back