The Secretive Family Making Billions From The Opioid Crisis

MJ is not the topic of this discussion. But the drug trade, MJ in this case, has caused people their lives. Without even smoking the death grass.
Kind of a stupid post but I'll bite.

That's a systemic issue if it wasn't illegal those deaths would be none existent.

21-26% of people who are prescribed opioids abuse them (but I'm not sure what qualifies as abuse).

8-12% develope an opiod disorders

4-6% who misuse opiods transition to heroin

From the NIH.
Just got a call Tuesday from the wife’s cousin. She came home from the market and found her 21yo daughter dead of a heroin overdose. 5 days out of rehab. Fucked up.

Doctors that prescribe opioids for mild pain should get sacked

I remember my wife telling me about the time she asked her American relatives about paracetamol or aspirin and they saying "i got vicodin in the handbag" my wife was like "yeah, no thanks".

I remember my wife telling me about the time she asked her American relatives about paracetamol or aspirin and they saying "i got vicodin in the handbag" my wife was like "yeah, no thanks".
Prude

You have to ask yourself a question

How is it possible to fool so many doctors for so long?

How is it that the medical community is this vulnerable to deceit and manipulation?

And where else are they dangerously wrong?

Kind of a stupid post but I'll bite.

That's a systemic issue if it wasn't illegal those deaths would be none existent.
I agree but still makes you think. Times have changed and now most MJ growers are just hippies in their basements and you can buy it legally and so on but in the past people would give money to violent drug dealers just to get a joint.

How is it that the medical community is this vulnerable to deceit and manipulation?
Incentives via pharmaceutical companies

And where else are they dangerously wrong?

They aren't wrong, they're just incentivized to sell by pharma lobbyists.

MJ is not the topic of this discussion. But the drug trade, MJ in this case, has caused people their lives. Without even smoking the death grass.

And if we're going to be totally honest here there are people who've died doing stupid shit because they're high.

It's not their fault that doctors will prescribe heroin for stubbing your toe.

They just make the product. It has valid uses in some cases. It's up to the fuckhead doctors that are just willy-nilly prescribing this to people.

Incentives via pharmaceutical companies

I have a few friends that are doctors and they tell me how bad it is. The dealers come in, usually hot, well dressed women, and they offer the world for you to prescribe their drugs. Free trips to the Caribbean for conferences, etc. It is a dirty business much like lobbying.

Also, the FDA is about the worst organization out there. They should all be shot and pissed on.

I have a few friends that are doctors and they tell me how bad it is. The dealers come in, usually hot, well dressed women, and they offer the world for you to prescribe their drugs. Free trips to the Caribbean for conferences, etc. It is a dirty business much like lobbying.

Also, the FDA is about the worst organization out there. They should all be shot and pissed on.

In Mexico its illegal to prescribe brands, so what they do is make odd dosages.

So if a common medication dosage is say 200mg the medic will prescribe a 300mg, and you go to the pharma store and you find out that there isnt a generic brand with said dosage.

Of course you can always buy the off-brand and break it in half or simply google the dosage for whatever he prescribed you online.

21-26% of people who are prescribed opioids abuse them (but I'm not sure what qualifies as abuse).

8-12% develope an opiod disorders

4-6% who misuse opiods transition to heroin

From the NIH.

So there's a 1 in 10 chance someone will become an addict if they are prescribed opiods? That's terrifying!

It's not their fault that doctors will prescribe heroin for stubbing your toe.

They just make the product. It has valid uses in some cases. It's up to the fuckhead doctors that are just willy-nilly prescribing this to people.

I know you don't know what you're talking about!

Just remember weed is illegal but doctor prescribed heroin is free game because of capitalism.

That's how we do in America

Back