The "secret" of McGregor's sucess is actually a well known secret

No, you're opinion is teh dumb.

So your position is that he beat Aldo, Holloway, Mendes, Diaz and Alvarez with 1 plus tool? I'd love to hear your opinion of all of those guys. You must think they really suck.

Conor isn't going to have all these opportunities you're talking about, after he loses to Floyd. Fans are fickle and Conor's hype and aura are diminished if he gets tooled by Floyd. Look at Ronda's Hollywood career after Holly.

His secret:

Being a good, not special, fighter

Getting all the breaks

Getting the company behind him

Having a big Twitter following

HAHAHAHAHAH ok buddy, please enlighten us with who YOU think is a "special" fighter.
You know what, fuck it.. don't care what you have to say, don't respond, you're clueless.

Fucking comedy around these parts.

what i took from that, "secret" is that it seems like a way to remove mental barriers and negative thoughts from stopping you from achieving your goals. it's just another philosophy like anything else. if it works for you, then great.

Conor isn't going to have all these opportunities you're talking about, after he loses to Floyd. Fans are fickle and Conor's hype and aura are diminished if he gets tooled by Floyd. Look at Ronda's Hollywood career after Holly.

he still has mma to fall back on. i guess it depends on the amount of money he makes after this fight, and possible opportunities outside of fighting. to me, ronda's hype went out the window the minute she hid from the media, and the world in general, post-holly. if she had taken the loss with class like conor, she would have still had fans who would have rooted for her in a rematch. i don't think you can compare the two.

The secret is being a good fighter.

He's a good to very good fighter that learned self promotion and tried to model himself after his idol Ali but wound up looking far more WWE -which worked. He'll not go down as a legendary fighter like his heroes tho he'll be damn richer.

It's ridiculous that a fighter in a sport within the realm of prizefighting can get shit on by fans for trying to make the most money for his himself.

<36>

He'll fight again to right that Diaz Trilogy. I guarantee there is something in place, some type of handshake agreement that he has to atleast fight once more, and that is how he got this fight with Money. UFC is hurting for money, they have a MASSIVE loan, Conor loves spending money and this deal came about way too quick. I think he will fight on the New Years card.

Nate Diaz must also be very upset as well, missing out on his HUGE payday of a 3rd fight

Nate Diaz himself said that his pay doesn't go up if he fights Conor....and he doesn't really care about the fight.

Man...Nate must have added an awesome agent to his team recently. His pay went up drastically over his last few fights:

Vs dos Anjos: $16,000 (L)
Vs Johnson: $40,000 (W)
Vs McGregor I: $500,000 (W)
Vs McGregor II: $2,000,000 (L)

But you're right...his pay going up most likely had nothing to do with Conor.

Can we just be clear about something... "The Secret" is a load of shit, written by a person saying she is a conduit between a spirit and earth.

I want you to think really hard about that.

It really is his movement. It's everything, and a lot of people are butthurt that he has so much success by simply picking his spots and knocking heads off.

You are assuming he either wants, or needs a career after this fight....

He's going to be making more than retirement money from the Floyd fight alone..... this is the apex of his career $$ wise, and I'm still betting he retires after this fight, after having ridden the money train to the type of bank account most CEOs would dream of.

It seems like 2006 was the best year to release self help books.
The Mystery Method was released the same year. How ironic!

The problems with self help books is they only apply to the current and previous decade.
Societies and Economies constantly change, especially when cash rules everything around me, CREAM ....it's the money!
Dolla Dolla Bill Y'all

if he beats floyd, I will believe in the law of attraction

ITT: dudes who don't even make 6 figures telling a how a guy who is about to be a multimillionaire has a BS method

Back