The "secret" of McGregor's sucess is actually a well known secret

Dude u gotta be trolling lmao he beat Jose Aldo the #1 p4p and then Eddie Alvarez the LW champ. You can't take these accomplishments away hahah
I don't. His victory over Jose was stellar.
Needed a rematch to see a real scrap between the two but stellar KO win.
His double champ shit is manufactured garbage.

He WILL fight Nate Diaz a third time, like he said.

However, who knows if he will ever defend the belt.

ahah, reminds me "conceive, believe, achieve"

Tons of athletes and celebrities believe in the secret I didn't realise just how many until I knew about 'it'
But I also think to be at that level in life trying to be the best at something with such an elite talent pool, you gotta have a bit of a screw loose somewhere

Shouldn't really say it but yolo

I put the 'secret' up there with like religion, whatever man just do you, believe what you want if it gets you through the day, I'm genuinely jealous I can't be that one way minded, life would be easier

i've heard lots of people talk about that Secret book, and it sounds like a lot of new age BS to me. yeah ok maybe he envisioned it happening - or maybe he spent thousands of hours in a gym to become a great fighter.

I suppose that's something you can quote instead of coming up with something of your own to say.
Kind of like how Conor's entire schtick is unoriginal.

It's sad seeing someone so bitter and envious of other's successes

Good. He's NOTHING special.
If you put together a list of the skills desirable in a great mma fighter, his counter left is the only thing that anyone would consider adding to it.
Not his footwork, timing, speed, ability to mix punches and kicks, ability to turn fighters, ability to effectively MMA box as a southpaw? Dude, you're fucking delusional. He's walked through everyone he's faced except Diaz, who's a much bigger zombie. Don't give me that Mendes shit either. He worked Mendes and knocked his ass out in 2.

Good. He's NOTHING special.
If you put together a list of the skills desirable in a great mma fighter, his counter left is the only thing that anyone would consider adding to it.
I've said the same thing more or less in the past. His entire game plan is built around his left hand and setting it up. He's good at distance, timing, and hitting really hard. That's about it. He's a one trick pony, but even the haters gotta admit it's one hell of a trick.

Nate Diaz must also be very upset as well, missing out on his HUGE payday of a 3rd fight

Nate Diaz himself said that his pay doesn't go up if he fights Conor....and he doesn't really care about the fight.

Does anyone also notice how he always refers to it as the "fighting game", instead of just fighting.

i remember him talking about his crisps adverts and claiming that the company ran the whole crisps game

I think he'll come back, defend the title against Nate, then retire going 2-1 in the trilogy and can claim he defended his title.

Or he'll just not come back.

Not his footwork, timing, speed, ability to mix punches and kicks, ability to turn fighters, ability to effectively MMA box as a southpaw? Dude, you're fucking delusional. He's walked through everyone he's faced except Diaz, who's a much bigger zombie. Don't give me that Mendes shit either. He worked Mendes and knocked his ass out in 2.
Not one of his skills other than the left is something another fighter doesn't also have, in most cases someone else has it better.

Self help shit, eh? I'll save everyone the money.

If you stay positive, you'll develop a habit of being positive. When you're positive it is easier to take chances and not fear risk. If you stay positive, you enhance your odds by taking risks more often and ultimately increasing your odds at succeeding no matter what you do. When you're not positive, you don't take risks as often, thus lowering your chances of success because success normally happens eventually, you just have to be persistent.

The secret is an illusion that the universe is in control and that you can have control over the universe with positivity. When really it's just tricking you into developing a strong habit of positivity.

I'm sure Conor is in control of his own universe.

Called the book "the Secret"

McGregor first saw the movie, then started reading the book thanks to his sister, which taught him one main concept - if you visualize something, you can eventually obtain it

One of McGregors tweets before he became famous back in 2014 was

"Get in. Get rich. Get out"

View attachment 240767

Does anyone also notice how he always refers to it as the "fighting game", instead of just fighting. While this guy has an incredible work ethic, determination and heart, hes also smart and his main motivation is money over statistics.

This is exactly what hes doing with the Mayweather fight - so I would not be surprised to find that Eddie Alvarez would be his last UFC fight, and he would be the first fight to ever retire from the UFC while being stripped of two championship belts, at two weight classes, that he never defended

McGregor is now more of a brand than a fighter, he can explore almost any area of entertainment , from acting, to promoting, to public appearance to fashion and make great amounts of money doing it, while still staying n the spotlight which he flourishes in

McGregor has also witnessed an MMA fighter die in a fight he watched live - and now that he has a child, he doesnt want to expose himself to potential head injuries, even though he hasnt really received much damage/head trauma during his mainstream MMA career

Nate Diaz must also be very upset as well, missing out on his HUGE payday of a 3rd fight
It's all utter bullshit

Anyone with five seconds contemplating it sees the gaping flaws in it

I've hung out with assholes who believe this shit

Not one of his skills other than the left is something another fighter doesn't also have, in most cases someone else has it better.
This is just dumb. I'm sorry, but you really don't know wtf you're looking at.

Back