Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
True. At least he calls himself a Democrat though, so you know what you're getting. To be clear, I hope WV throws his Commie ass out of office.

Me too. But I have little hope. People wonder how Dems can win in WV that was so heavy for Trump, it's because of worthless GOPe candidates here. Morrisey may very well be running the worst campaign I have ever seen. He's letting Manchin get away with these claims about funding the wall and supporting gun rights while Morrisey talks about GOP establishment bullshit. It's pathetic.

the Hyper-partisanship is not do to Trump, the government shut down twice under Obama my dude.....

The GOP is gonna GOP, you know this, i know this. I didn't say i was for this type of tactic either, i specifically said it was a bad thing. B ut now that DEMs are trying to use similar tactics, you don't think the GOP will doubledown next time they're in the minority?

The GOP has already been as unscrupulous as they possibly can. Nothing would surprise me. But the notion that this is "Dems using a tactic" rather than just people reacting normally to a serious allegation is where you go off the rails. Doesn't matter what party you're in, any reasonable Senator would want to hear more about this.

in what world is the greatest economy in US if not World history an 'embarrassment'? Presidents w/ good to great economies never get reelected, amirite?

Huh? I said that Trump's presidency has been the embarrassment that many people expected it to be.

Yeah, and when that fails, maybe the CIA can get involved and possibly reach out to MI6 for support, and if that fails, maybe a worldwide special council can be assembled to get to the bottom of this high school allegation from 35 fuckin' years ago.
Nope. Just the normal FBI background screening process. You dont have to give reasons that dance around things. Just say "I think she's a liar and I'm not interested in learning if there is evidence one way or another"...that would be fair and understandable given the circumstances and aside from the veracity of the claim this politically does fuck the Republicans.

Dancing around the above just shows you aren't convinced yourself. You know what you are saying is at least a little scummy.

The GOP has already been as unscrupulous as they possibly can. Nothing would surprise me. But the notion that this is "Dems using a tactic" rather than just people reacting normally to a serious allegation is where you go off the rails. Doesn't matter what party you're in, any reasonable Senator would want to hear more about this.

Huh? I said that Trump's presidency has been the embarrassment that many people expected it to be.

{<jimmies}

Justice Kavanaugh. Say it.

in what world is the greatest economy in US if not World history an 'embarrassment'? Presidents w/ good to great economies never get reelected, amirite?

<Dany07>

We've officially reached the point where "the economy" is a completely meaningless reference. The deficit has exploded without justification or responsive growth, job growth and decline in unemployment have slowed, wages aren't improving despite approaching full employment, key industries are more highly concentrated and uncompetitive than at any point in 100 years, and costs of living and education continue to outpace personal income.

But, yeah, greatest economy in US history. Eat our dicks John Keynes and Alan Greenspan. There's a new economic wizard in town, and his knowledge of economics is bigly

<Dany07>

We've officially reached the point where "the economy" is a completely meaningless reference. The deficit has exploded without justification or responsive growth, job growth and decline in unemployment have slowed, wages aren't improving despite approaching full employment, key industries are more highly concentrated and uncompetitive than at any point in 100 years, and costs of living and education continue to outpace personal income.

But, yeah, greatest economy in US history. Eat our dicks John Keynes and Alan Greenspan. There's a new economic wizard in town, and his knowledge of economics is bigly
you can't improve much on unemployment when it's at one of the lowest points in literal history (it is the lowest in history for a few different demographics, including Veterans)
Remind me of the Nasdaq recently.....oh that's right
The US Dollar is increasing in value (stopping the printing of money, and ending QE/raising interest rates obviously is the main driver of this) while many across the world are in freefall
Wages have increased actually moreso than in recent years, only part of that is increased purchasing power due to the strengthening Dollar
4.2% growth last qtr, etc...
You're equating people's own personal finance issues w/ our national economy, that's now how that works my dude

Remind me what the Chinese Yuan has been doing recently.....how about their stock market? Russia is tetering on the brink as we speak. Short of the oil heavy Gulf countries (conveniently heavily invested into US stock market equities), what other large economies are doing well right now?

Keep posting gifs playa

Last edited:
That's a little presumptuous, eh Hunter?
i didn't mean 'same thing' as in specific SA type allegations, just something to stall the nomination

I mean i work for the DoD and did when the government shut down twice, i knew people that didn't get paid or lost their jobs as a result (I was fine personally, but still). Unless i'm misremembering, didn't the GOP stall on getting Obama another SJ Nominee? Why wouldn't they do the same thing next time they're not in power, especially after what is happening now?

I'm not for this tactic, it's just obviously par for the course in the last 5ish years now and like money in politics, i don't see that changing. You do?

This is how they operate: Vague sudden allegations from 35+ years ago with no evidence whatsoever and the alleged victim not even being able to specify a year or place are credible. Recent allegations backed up by 911 calls are not worthy of attention.

Dna9By3XsAEGwif.jpg:large

i didn't mean 'same thing' as in specific SA type allegations, just something to stall the nomination

I mean i work for the DoD and did when the government shut down twice, i knew people that didn't get paid or lost their jobs as a result (I was fine personally, but still). Unless i'm misremembering, didn't the GOP stall on getting Obama another SJ Nominee? Why wouldn't they do the same thing next time they're not in power, especially after what is happening now?

I'm not for this tactic, it's just obviously par for the course in the last 5ish years now and like money in politics, i don't see that changing. You do?

It's presumptuous to suggest that Democrats will ever be in a position to nominate a SCOTUS judge again.

What happens to McCain’s vote

He has actually had jobs that are a matter of public interest for many years now. His decisions on the Circuit Court of Appeals affected a large number of people. He was also nominated months ago. The fact that the allegation was timed to be released at potentially the most damaging time for confirmation process should at least raise an eyebrow. Whether telling a counselor a story with different details is "registering" it....I don't know. To my knowledge the notes say nothing about Kavanaugh either (although her husband insists she said his name).

There's ambiguity around the phrase "public interest" that I think led to a little miscommunication there. I meant like something the public is interested in. Of course you're right that he has long had important jobs.

A fair question, but one that we already know the answer too. Politically speaking, it makes zero difference if it is true or false, especially when the allegation is crafted in a way that makes it impossible to prove/disprove anyway.

Well, you're presuming that it's "crafted" that way. We know that whether the described event occurred or not, he'd deny it. We know that if it happened or not, the same people who defended Roy Moore would defend him and that his political opponents would side with the accuser. It's possible that he'd be accused either way, though I think that one is kind of shaky (nothing like this happened with Gorsuch, and it's not like Trump is going to pick someone good if Kavanaugh falls through--the political advantage here is being overplayed, IMO).

All that matters is getting a shaky R to vote no or pushing the confirmation past mid-terms. If she is proven 100% True, Kavanaugh is done. Even if they get their investigation and she is proven 100% false, Kavanaugh is still sunk should the Dems get the vote pushed back far enough and they take back the Senate.

She won't be proven 100% correct. Even if we have a God's-eye view and can say with absolute certainty that she's telling the truth, there wouldn't be any way to prove it. I think it's kind of pointless trying to pick between unprovable narratives, especially in the current climate. I am disturbed by two types of posts:

1. If he did it, so what?
2. I know with certainty what happened.

The first type is repugnant. The second is pointless--you're just getting the time from a stopped clock.

"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything."

It goes both ways liberals LOL

He has actually had jobs that are a matter of public interest for many years now. His decisions on the Circuit Court of Appeals affected a large number of people. He was also nominated months ago. The fact that the allegation was timed to be released at potentially the most damaging time for confirmation process should at least raise an eyebrow. Whether telling a counselor a story with different details is "registering" it....I don't know. To my knowledge the notes say nothing about Kavanaugh either (although her husband insists she said his name).

A fair question, but one that we already know the answer too. Politically speaking, it makes zero difference if it is true or false, especially when the allegation is crafted in a way that makes it impossible to prove/disprove anyway. All that matters is getting a shaky R to vote no or pushing the confirmation past mid-terms. If she is proven 100% True, Kavanaugh is done. Even if they get their investigation and she is proven 100% false, Kavanaugh is still sunk should the Dems get the vote pushed back far enough and they take back the Senate.

Agreed

Let's focus on this for a bit :

WILL that happen?

I mean...I get that the House normally loses seats on either side but the Senate is a different animal altogether.

You really believe the Dems will have a Senate MAJORITY?

I just don't see it.

you can't improve much on unemployment when it's at one of the lowest points in literal history (it is the lowest in history for a few different demographics, including Veterans)

So you agree that the meaningful gains in job growth and unemployment reduction were under Obama and that Trump's economy (I say that in nominal terms only, since the only thing that can be definitively linked to Trump - and notice I say Trump and not Trump's policies - is consumer confidence) has noticeably slowed - and that our GOAT economy was achieved merely by not entirely fucking up the economy from two years ago (when people were rightfully disenchanted)?

Remind me of the Nasdaq recently.....oh that's right

It reached all-time highs under Obama as well. Were you calling 2016 the GOAT economy in national and world history? I suspect not, since it's an absurd statement using a marginally relevant metric.

Wages have increased actually moreso than in recent years

No, they haven't.

You're equating people's own personal finance issues w/ our national economy, that's now how that works my dude

Uhhh...what? You don't think the prosperity of a country's citizens is relevant to the efficacy of the country's economy? Under that view, you might as well only track the DOW (which would seem to be in-line with your thinking) and merely equate "the economy" to the profitability of a few firms or small segment of the population, which again would at least be consistent if you were making these claims of economic grandeur since 2013. And the national economy is comprised of those persons with financial issues, setting aside the debt repayment issues of the country at large.

Under your nominal view, you'd likely have represented that the American economy at the turn of the 20th century (as opposed to c. 1950) or the Russian economy during the 1920s were GOAT-level, despite the former being monopolized and built on massive poverty and the latter being woefully under-diversified and state-planned.

Remind me what the Chinese Yuan has been doing recently.....how about their stock market? Russia is tetering on the brink as we speak. Short of the oil heavy Gulf countries (conveniently heavily invested into US stock market equities), what other large economies are doing well right now? /QUOTE]

None of that supports your point.

So you agree that the meaningful gains in job growth and unemployment reduction were under Obama and that Trump's economy (I say that in nominal terms only, since the only thing that can be definitively linked to Trump - and notice I say Trump and not Trump's policies - is consumer confidence) has noticeably slowed?

It reached all-time highs under Obama as well. Were you calling 2016 the GOAT economy in national and world history? I suspect not, since it's an absurd statement using a marginally relevant metric.

No, they haven't.

Uhhh...what? You don't think the prosperity of a country's citizens is relevant to the efficacy of the country's economy? Under that view, you might as well only track the DOW (which would seem to be in-line with your thinking) and merely equate "the economy" to the profitability of a few firms or small segment of the population, which again would at least be consistent if you were making these claims of economic grandeur since 2013. And the national economy is comprised of those persons with financial issues, setting aside the debt repayment issues of the country at large.

Under your nominal view, you'd likely have represented that the American economy at the turn of the 20th century (as opposed to c. 1950) or the Russian economy during the 1920s were GOAT-level, despite the former being monopolized and built on massive poverty and the latter being woefully under-diversified and state-planned.
haha i'll do the work for you playa
http://www.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-intlstkidx.html

not looking good my dude
at no other time in world history, have so many countries held so much debt in USD, especially that is due in the next oncoming years. The horrors, that's why our debt issues aren't a problem, ignoring the fact nobody can enforce anything on us whatsoever.

would have liked to hear more about why Senator Feinstein chose to keep this under the table for months.

By the way I met Feinstein when i was in 6th grade and she is a total fucking bitch. Just saying.

@Arkain2K ”the me too ambush”

Such hackery.

Why not “Kava-no, the preppy raper”?

Back