Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Yes, and she has said now in a letter that she will once the FBI puts the facts together in an investigation.

Yeah, and when that fails, maybe the CIA can get involved and possibly reach out to MI6 for support, and if that fails, maybe a worldwide special council can be assembled to get to the bottom of this high school allegation from 35 fuckin' years ago.

They must not be fans of The Office. <Moves>
i got banned for self promoting. I was responding to a thread asking about a certain recording device for recording games and told the person how to set it up and to check out my channel to see vids using the device he asked about.

Banned for self promoting. lol

Nice to see CNN bring Michael Moore's fat ass out to give his take on all of this.

Yeah, and when that fails, maybe the CIA can get involved and possibly reach out to MI6 for support, and if that fails, maybe a worldwide special council can be assembled to get to the bottom of this high school allegation from 35 fuckin' years ago.
when they are done can they investigate what happened to Becky?

i got banned for self promoting. I was responding to a thread asking about a certain recording device for recording games and told the person how to set it up and to check out my channel to see vids using the device he asked about.

Banned for self promoting. lol

Almost as retarded as what the Dems are doing....ALMOST. <Goldie11>

Yes and no. A complaint is a complaint. She can't possibly know, or have any confidence stating one way or the other. She should be slammed for using it as such an obvious stall tactic though.

The thing is there will always be people who are willing to make outrageous accusations against public figures. The accusation itself is never sufficient justification for publicizing it. Whether we're talking civil liability for slander, or criminal liability for filing making false statements to federal law enforcement, DiFi pretty much admitted her reckless disregard for the truth. Normal people who aren't Senators have to worry about stuff like that.

Reminder: It was her lawyer who said she should testify next week. The GOP stupidly agreed to a delay and now she need some long undefined investigation. It's pure crap.

What exactly does she want the fbi to do? Interview the one witness who already said she’s lying?

Michael Moore is so repulsive I feel like I should receive punitive damages every time they show his ugly face.

Gotta respect him still living the gimmick. I want to know how many beat up baseball caps he owns.

TBH, I dislike Joe Manchin less the Jeff Flake. I hope Flake gets run out of AZ.

I hate Manchin. He's a fraud. Pure opportunist who never changed. He votes moderately in an election year, always with Pelosi and Schumer otherwise. Dude ran on a heavy gun rights campaign in 2012 an then immediately put his name to Obama's gun grabbing bill. Now he's doing the same shit and claiming he voted to fund the Wall when there has never been any such vote and he certainly didn.t

Well, even though it allegedly happened 35 years ago, the accusation is just now coming to light, days before a confirmation vote that the Democrats are desperate to push past the mid-terms. The allegation is incredibly vague and avoids any details that could potentially be dis-proven (when, where, how she got there, how she left). The allegation also happens to be very politically fortuitous for the party she is both registered and donates to. It is also awfully suspicious that Feinstein had this since July allegedly, and sat on it. Plenty of time for a full, complete investigation if she so wanted one.

I think if you don't at least have a healthy level of skepticism to the claim, perhaps you should re-examine the idea that you really are approaching your conclusions based on evidence alone, and without political bias.

My guess is that they tried their best to get some kind of verification of the woman’s claims, but failed... So they just went with what they had at the last minute to see if it would stick.

I hate Manchin. He's a fraud. Pure opportunistic who never changed. He votes moderately in an election year, always with Pelosi and Schumer otherwise. Dude ran on a heavy gun rights campaign in 2012 an then immediately put his name to Obama's gun grabbing bill. Now he's doing the same shit and claiming he voted to fund the Wall when there has never been any such vote and he certainly didn.t

True. At least he calls himself a Democrat though, so you know what you're getting. To be clear, I hope WV throws his Commie ass out of office.

Of course it's coming to light now. It had been registered before, but it wasn't a matter of public interest until Kavanaugh was. Not seeing how that's damning.

He has actually had jobs that are a matter of public interest for many years now. His decisions on the Circuit Court of Appeals affected a large number of people. He was also nominated months ago. The fact that the allegation was timed to be released at potentially the most damaging time for confirmation process should at least raise an eyebrow. Whether telling a counselor a story with different details is "registering" it....I don't know. To my knowledge the notes say nothing about Kavanaugh either (although her husband insists she said his name).

Same deal. Whenever it came to light, it was going to get this kind of reaction. I think the thing to do is ask, "what if it were true/false? How would that change things?" That helps eliminate a lot of bullshit.

A fair question, but one that we already know the answer too. Politically speaking, it makes zero difference if it is true or false, especially when the allegation is crafted in a way that makes it impossible to prove/disprove anyway. All that matters is getting a shaky R to vote no or pushing the confirmation past mid-terms. If she is proven 100% True, Kavanaugh is done. Even if they get their investigation and she is proven 100% false, Kavanaugh is still sunk should the Dems get the vote pushed back far enough and they take back the Senate.

By definition, lacking a healthy level of skepticism about any claim is bad. The question is what the healthy level actually is.

Agreed

Back