Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Don't know why you are busting my chops. Kavanaugh is fine with me. As was Gorsuch. Excepting for the fact that Garland should have been voted on. Go back and look at how long it has historically taken to nominate and vote on SCOTUS nominees. In all of American history. You will not see a justification for that.

The politicization a polarization of the process is my issue. And both sides are equally guilty. The root of the problem is the fact that they are lifetime appointments. That was never a good idea and it get's worse with each passing day.
I wasn't busting your chops. I was crediting you with understanding.

Mr. Trump Fan, of course you don't understand the corollary.

is very normal

What's "normal" is you apparently coming into a thread and not contributing anything pertinent to the discussion.

Stick to watching Hentai.

Loser...that's not what Grassley said. LEARN TO FUCKING READ.

36 hours is the time they've tried getting in contact with her and her attorneys and got no reply. My god, you're so annoying.

Maybe that's your gimmick here.
1ADmyI5.gif

^ well that's what you get for posting such an idiotic comment.

I wasn't busting your chops. I was crediting you with understanding.

LOL. My understanding must not be that good if I don't know the difference between someone busting my chops and giving me props. :)

Not so difficult prediction:

She does not testify. She will claim she has received threats (and insinuate it was from the alt-right). The Dems will put her in front friendly media, and she will talk about how scared she is, how awful the attacks on her have been, and most importantly, how she represents a women's rights issue for all women.

Million dollar question: Will the whole shit-show be enough to scare Susan Collins into a no vote? Secondary question: Will enough Suburban soccer moms be outraged enough to vote overwhelming Democrat in November?

She does not testify. She will claim she has received threats (and insinuate it was from the alt-right). The Dems will put her in front friendly media, and she will talk about how scared she is, how awful the attacks on her have been, and most importantly, how she represents a women's rights issue for all women.

Million dollar question: Will the whole shit-show be enough to scare Susan Collins into a no vote? Secondary question: Will enough Suburban soccer moms be outraged enough to vote overwhelming Democrat in November?
fair but improbable. I like the reasonable nature of the prediction very much. A lot can and probably will happen in the next week.

Excellent post. Really high quality. I never thought of this possibility, and now I am going to be eager to see if it pans out.

May I add your prediction to the prediction thread?

Damn. I think this is quite possible

Author Scott Adams had a very enlightened take on this entire issue. I'll do my best to paraphrase it here:

The most pertinent fact of this case (are the accusations against judge Kavanaugh acurate or not?), is unknown, and unknowable.

Anyone who asserts certainty in an unknowable situation is only revealing the fact that they've chosen a side before the facts are known.

When you're in a situation where the facts are unknowable, or no one will agree on the facts, you have to fall back on a system.

The only system that's workable, and fair is this:

If you can't prove it, you have to ignore it.

This is the system of justice that any of you would want applied to you if you were ever accused of something truly awful.

I largely agree with this analysis. The way I have always stated it is a bit more refined:

That which is asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

I know little about Inslee. Can't imagine supporting Gabbard. The others are not ideal, but no candidate is. Too early to say who I'll support.
Inslee was on Bill Maher a few months ago. I had never heard of him before, but it was immediately obvious he is considering a run for president. He turned every question into an opportunity to give an anti-Trump stump speech.

Just a question, since officially the major political parties now consider alleged actions when we are teens are fair play, are Soros's actions when he was 14/15 during the Holocaust worthy of discussion? Especially since in his case, he admitted it on camera. Seems like that maybe that deportation to Russia could be in play now if Trump is nudged.

Excellent post. Really high quality. I never thought of this possibility, and now I am going to be eager to see if it pans out.

May I add your prediction to the prediction thread?

How do you see the mid terms going? I see the Dems either just taking back the house or maybe coming one or 2 short, and either breaking even or maybe even losing a seat in the Senate. Not a good map for them there this round. Though I certainly won't be betting your ass LOL.

he is clearly unfit to hold office because as a 17 year old boy he was trying to court a 15 year old girl. Who am i to judge, this happened before i was born.

Do you really see this as a big enough thing to actually change peoples votings minds? Barring a colossal fuck-up, I see it as just more likely to keep some otherwise female voting Republicans at home instead of at the polls, and energize otherwise apathetic democratic voters.

Back