Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Yeah I'm sure the Republicans are well-aware of what might happen but at the same time, they can't just NOT cross-examine her. o_O

Agreed. They just need to be careful. Some of the people lighting into her will be the ones that lit into Anita Hill. I am not completely convinced we will see her testifying though.

I think she's a Democrat-Party PLANT hired by Feinstein for the sole purpose of DELAYING the Confirmation, Period.

There is no Sexual Assault. There never was one to begin with.

People say "oh! this took place in a Frat house" Does Kavanaugh seem like the type of person that would be in a Frat House? lol
Do a little research on the second man accused...and his long time relationship with Kavanaugh. This is going to come up at the hearings.

It's almost as if you guys don't follow politics at all. Grassley is throwing any sort of shit at the wall he can hoping something sticks because next Monday is a lose lose situation politically for Republicans.

<YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen>

Him trying to get in contact with Ford and her attorneys for 36 fucking hours and not getting any response is "throwing any sort of shit at the wall"

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Agreed. They just need to be careful. Some of the people lighting into her will be the ones that lit into Anita Hill. I am not completely convinced we will see her testifying though.

In the article where Grassley said the hearing could be cancelled, he did say that if she did respond and take the stand on Monday, an INDEPENDENT will be doing the questioning.

If she backs out after all this bluster, that's gonna look terrible, and the Reps should not offer anything else regarding this matter, and move forward with confirmation.

Don't write checks your ass can't cash. Get up there, lady.

If she's not going to testify at this point, after putting a stick in the spokes, that's the dumbest thing any of them could have done in this obviously concerted stalling.

At this juncture the Democrats' best move is to get her to testify, get some random bitch to lie and corroborate the bullshit story and hope to make it look like the Republicans are ganging up on helpless women in court.

It's almost as if you guys don't follow politics at all. Grassley is throwing any sort of shit at the wall he can hoping something sticks because next Monday is a lose lose situation politically for Republicans.
Are you insane?

Do a little research on the second man accused...and his long time relationship with Kavanaugh. This is going to come up at the hearings.

The second man accused states he has no recollection either.

So what happens then?

He-Said She-Said He-said

This is just a Political stunt to discredit the Republican Party.

Business as usual between these two parties.

I think she's a Democrat-Party PLANT hired by Feinstein for the sole purpose of DELAYING the Confirmation, Period.

There is no Sexual Assault. There never was one to begin with.

People say "oh! this took place in a Frat house" Does Kavanaugh seem like the type of person that would be in a Frat House? lol

I wouldn't judge a book by it's cover, in that regard. Plenty of elites, and government higher ups partied their asses off in their youth.

I don't know about her being a plant, but the letter was definitely a last resort tactic, and Feinstein held onto it for that very reason. The FBI already dismissed it, and there isn't much to go on to begin with. Even if the woman truly believes what happened, I could easily see her getting cold feet over a public hearing where she'll be grilled relentlessly. It's one thing to make a claim, and put your name behind it. It's another thing entirely to back it up in front of the Senate, and millions and millions of people.

I wouldn't judge a book by it's cover, in that regard. Plenty of elites, and government higher ups partied their asses off in their youth.

I don't know about her being a plant, but the letter was definitely a last resort tactic, and Feinstein held onto it for that very reason. The FBI already dismissed it, and there isn't much to go on to begin with. Even if the woman truly believes what happened, I could easily see her getting cold feet over a public hearing where she'll be grilled relentlessly. It's one thing to make a claim, and put your name behind it. It's another thing entirely to back it up in front of the Senate, and millions and millions of people.

Problem is, though, is that if she DOESN'T, while that would make the Dems look bad, it would unfortunately make Kavanaugh look bad, too 'cause he'd never get a chance to defend himself and, like Clarence Thomas, will forever have this bullshit accusation hanging around his neck like a noose. smh.

<YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen>

Him trying to get in contact with Ford and her attorneys for 36 fucking hours and not getting any response is "throwing any sort of shit at the wall"

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
Child...there is no rule that she has to respond within 36 hours.

So what happens then?

He-Said She-Said He-said

No shit lol. The guy is famous for a book called "wasted" about his exploits getting shitfaced.

Child...there is no rule that she has to respond within 36 hours.

Loser...that's not what Grassley said. LEARN TO FUCKING READ.

36 hours is the time they've tried getting in contact with her and her attorneys and got no reply. My god, you're so annoying.

Maybe that's your gimmick here.

yeah. it's the other guys whining. You guys are weirdos. #metoo is coming for Kavanaugh. Popcorn everyone!

If you've been paying attention to @cooks1 posting in here, you'll see the actual problem here.

Don't know why you are busting my chops. Kavanaugh is fine with me. As was Gorsuch. Excepting for the fact that Garland should have been voted on. Go back and look at how long it has historically taken to nominate and vote on SCOTUS nominees. In all of American history. You will not see a justification for that.

The politicization a polarization of the process is my issue. And both sides are equally guilty. The root of the problem is the fact that they are lifetime appointments. That was never a good idea and it get's worse with each passing day.

Problem is, though, is that if she DOESN'T, while that would make the Dems look bad, it would unfortunately make Kavanaugh look bad, too 'cause he'd never get a chance to defend himself and, like Clarence Thomas, will forever have this bullshit accusation hanging around his neck like a noose. smh.

The reason you remember Clarence Thomas' scandal, is because there was a very public, and infamous hearing. Without it, few would even know who Anita Hill is. I'd argue it's best for Kavanaugh if this woman doesn't have the conviction to stand behind her claims. Her claims are already sketchy. If she doesn't show up, they'll be forgotten about pretty damn quickly.

In the article where Grassley said the hearing could be cancelled, he did say that if she did respond and take the stand on Monday, an INDEPENDENT will be doing the questioning.

that would be a clever way to handle it from the Republican side.

So what happens then?

He-Said She-Said He-said

Yeah.

And thousands didn't die (and are still not dying) in Puerto Rico... -_-

The reason you remember Clarence Thomas' scandal, is because there was a very public, and infamous hearing. Without it, few would even know who Anita Hill is. I'd argue it's best for Kavanaugh if this woman doesn't have the conviction to stand behind her claims. Her claims are already sketchy. If she doesn't show up, they'll be forgotten about pretty damn quickly.

Even if it does, if you saw the article, it was stated that an Independent would be doing the questioning so at least they learned from the Anita Hill debacle not to have opposing Parties cross-examine next time.

that would be a clever way to handle it from the Republican side.

It would actually torpedo the Dems plans to discredit the Republicans.

And then we would truly see if she is for real or if she suddenly....became ill / changed her mind / refused to come in to testify....

Even if it does, if you saw the article, it was stated that an Independent would be doing the questioning so at least they learned from the Anita Hill debacle not to have opposing Parties cross-examine next time.

If that's the case, its even worse if she backs out.

Back