Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Believing Kavanaugh or Blasey Ford before hearing testimony is bias, not blind justice
Jonathan Turley | Sept. 19, 2018

303be12b-3fc3-4dd0-b47c-a35caf2bd2e2-GTY_1026646100.JPG

Democrat senators say they believe Brett Kavanaugh's accuser, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, but belief before the hearing isn't blind justice. It's bias.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ie-hirano-believe-survivor-column/1358923002/

I understand the point of this article and I actually agree with it.

HOWEVER, it is painfully apparent that this is nothing more than a Political stunt by the Democrats to delay the confirmation.

I do not believe there was ever any assault that took place.

I do not believe that Ms Ford was ever at any party nor was a victim. Yeah, I said it and I'm not afraid to say it.

She is not truthful about that.

However, I do believe that she was an actual victim.....of Democratic Politics, though. Nice Job, Feinsten. I'm sure many constituents are going to trust you and other Dems after this debacle. :rolleyes:

And going back to the article, this whole shitshow has been about BIAS.....Democratic BIAS in trying to delay the vote to the point where they are able to retake the Senate(which WON'T HAPPEN).

Monday is D-day.

Ms Ford, you either show up or shut up.

THE END.

The FBI will not investigate this matter unless the president explicitly directs the FBI to do so. Therefore, the call for an FBI investigation into this matter is a call for the president to interfere in the FBI's affairs.

To be clear, my interpretation of constitutional law is that the president has this authority. This is a flaw in our system of government, in my estimation, but a constitutional amendment is required to remedy it.

No sir. As I have written many times on these forums, I want to see the Mueller investigation reach its conclusion, after which I support a constitutional amendment to establish an independent directorate of public prosecution, similar to that which exists in the British and Israeli systems of government.

As for Kavanaugh's accuser---she is being given an opportunity to testify. Her call for an FBI investigation is unrealistic given numerous factors that others have outlined for you. Her counsel must be aware of this as well. Given the accuser's history of Democrat/anti-Trump political activism and the timing, it appears likely (but cannot be guaranteed) that the accuser is interested in attempting to prevent President Trump from appointing another Supreme Court justice.

No sir. I have not written any of these things, nor do I believe them.

I don't see Trump supporting this 'cause of the pressure that Democrats can give to this independent directorate to basically take out(figuratively speaking) Trump for their own Political aspirations. Maybe if he was elected for a 2nd term and was in the final year of it, he might consider it since it won't affect him going forward by then....

Actually, tomorrow is D-day for her.

I wonder if they'll still put Kavanaugh up there regardless.

Might as well.

Kavanaugh said he wants to so let's get this Dog-and-Pony show over with and then proceed with the vote.

NO MORE DELAYS!

I see the right wing spin machine is hard at work.

Her story matches the therapists notes, because the therapist was simply recording her story. What doesn't "match" was that the therapist did not record the specific name "Kavanaugh" in the notes. When both the therapist and her husband were asked who the notes referred to, they both said Kavanaugh. So what do you think is going on here? The three of them hatched this plot back in 2012, knowing Kavanaugh would eventually end up a SC nominee, and then sprung it upon the world now?

You are factually wrong. Only her husband has ever claimed that she's used Kavanaugh's name. And if her therapist was simply recording her story then why do the therapist's notes say 4 guys attacked her?

The therapist was recording her statements for review. Using the term "late teens" was not meant to suggest that it happened at a time when Kavanaugh was gone. When pressed for more information, again, both the woman, her husband, and therapist all stated her age as 13-14. You're intentionally taking a portion of testimony and demanding it be taken literally when none of the people who gave it are suggesting so.

Which of us are spinning? ..... Late teens now implies 13-14? Btw, didn't she say she was 15? And do you have a link to all of these excuses and corroboration by the therapists?

It was a house party in college that happened 40 years ago. Yeah, she doesn't remember all the details. She has listed one other person by name who she claims was present during the assault. He admitted to being a drunk who "blacked out often during his youth" and when asked about her claims, has not denied them, only saying "no comment."

Again, you're factually wrong.
1- the incident supposedly happened in hs (not college)
2- the other named individual said that he never witnessed an incident like that.
3-she also thought someone at the party might have been named PJ (The person believed to be PJ has come forward and said nope as well)

Of course we could have an investigation into these claims, but your side doesn't want one. I'm more than willing to get to the bottom of this and hang this girl out to dry should she be found a liar. But republicans are terrified of that investigation. Who do you think's being more honest here?

The FBI has said that there is nothing for them to investigate: “This is a political issue, not a law enforcement one,”

One side is so terrified that they keep asking the lady to testify under oath while the other is making excuses as to why she wont. Oh and btw; Kavanaugh has already agreed to testify before congress again.

Fundamentally false. She has named two parties, and only one of them has denied it. So the other person issuing a "no comment," would probably be a good place to start.

Judge said he didn't recall any incident like that. And again you forgot about PJ.

At least get the basic facts down before you ruin a man's career and name over politics.

“I never saw anything like what was described,” Judge told The New York Times:

Further, he said, it did not match Mr. Kavanaugh’s character: “It is not who he is.” He said that the two were around each other constantly in high school, and recalled him as a “brilliant student,” who was very into sports, and was not “into anything crazy or illegal.”

Hear Ms.Ford out you chauvinistic pigs...

Ok. On Monday.

What. You want to victimize her again. No way.

Ummmmmmmmmm.

Hear Ms.Ford out you chauvinistic pigs...

Ok. On Monday.

What. You want to victimize her again. No way.

Ummmmmmmmmm.

It's hilarious. The Liberal pundits were over the moon about her potential testimony, before they got their marching orders from the Dems. Chris Cuomo in particular has flip flopped so shamelessly. He was originally hyping the hearing up like Don King. Now all of a sudden it's "unfair" to ask her to testify.

Well you've provided fuck all for sources for any of your intentional misrepresentations, so I'm not sure why you think the world should jump up and respond because you're too lazy and canadian.

But here champ: This article addresses both issues you seem to be having trouble understanding:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.54518fb0e127

It addresses both the number discrepancy (the accuser stated that 4 boys were present at the party, but only two in the room at the time). The therapist notes were not meant to be taken as ironclad fact. The therapist wasn't law enforcement collecting evidence. They were a doctor recording statements their patient made.

What they do represent, and what you clowns won't even address because it blows your argument out of the water, was that the victim here was coming forward years ago. She didn't hatch this plot now, with help from democrats.

And of course we could all clear this up with an investigation. But one side wants one and the other is terrified of one. Why would that be?

I think it just shows your lack of reading comprehension:

In an interview, her husband, Russell Ford, said that in the 2012 sessions, she recounted being trapped in a room with two drunken boys, one of whom pinned her to a bed, molested her and prevented her from screaming. He said he recalled that his wife used Kavanaugh’s last name and voiced concern that Kavanaugh — then a federal judge — might one day be nominated to the Supreme Court.

So much for your scoop.

And you know what would clear this all up? An investigation. A quick visit from the FBI to this therapist to get her words on the record. That's what the accuser is asked for, and that's what the republican senate is refusing to even consider.

So one side wants to get to the bottom of this, and the other side wants it to end. And you think the one trying to halt the investigation is after the truth.

The therapists needs the FBI to show up before they can confirm Ford's alleged version? And even if we give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she said Kavanaugh's name 6 yrs ago, what make you believe the therapist would remember that detail if she didn't write it down?

When currently her notes show that she talked to Ford about an alleged rape attempt in her late teens perpetrated by 4 guys from a prestigious school in Maryland.

You're talking to someone who doesn't care to know the truth, either it takes time and clears Kavanaugh in which case it was a waste of time, if it finds him a liar, he's done for.

Best situation is for her to shut the fuck up, deal with whatever happened...and get ready for a new anti choice justice.

He's right, it doesn't mention the boys school - just a prestigious school in Montgomery County - that could describe at least 7 different school in the area.

A story is inconsistent, when it changes. Not when a non-law enforcement professional's notes aren't specific enough. You know what every other person would do in that situation if they needed further clarification? They'd conduct an investigation to get that clarification. So why are republican's in the senate stonewalling that?

You mean inconsistencies like 4 attackers versus 2 and late teens versus 13-14?

Dude, you've been caught flat making shit up (even in your own supporting links) and trying to tell others that they don't understand.

I want to go on record now and state that Darkballs tried to touch my pee pee sometime in the late or early 80s while a certain number of people were watching and I feel that he should be banned from the WR or else you guys support rapists.

Trump should nominate Hillary Clinton to the Supreme Court so he could finally get an investigation of her started

Why doesn’t she go to the correct authorities and open an investigation?

Also it’s pretty convienient that lost in all this is Kavanaughs mom foreclosed her parents house.

His mom didn't foreclose her parents home - they reached a deal with the bank.

Back