Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
I'm not (re)litigating Ford's claims. My position is that we can't know the truth here with the evidence we have, and that it's not extremely likely either way. We were discussing reasons that Ford wouldn't press charges in the event that her account is true, and those reasons are so obvious that I do not believe that you don't understand them.

I don't know why none of you can seem to stay on point. And I already gave several reasons not to press charges, two of which are legal reasons that it would be a sketchy and unlikely charge, and one of which she gave herself (she only wanted the nation to know who they were putting up).
I was on point. I'm not trying to relitigate her claims either. I was simply suggesting that to me, your proffered reasons fall a little flat given the amount of trauma Ford claimed to have endured over her life. I think it is doubtful that if her claims were true that she would occupy a middle space where she didn't think Kavanaugh's actions were criminal or worthy of jail time and but meant he shouldn't be justice.

Last edited:
If she's so worried about "who they were putting up" and was actually assaulted she should've pressed charges or kept her mouth shut . . . this was all for show.

No, don't you get it? She wants the people to know, but didn't want to take any further steps to ensure Kavanaugh doesn't get on the bench, like filing a police report and getting her witnesses to back up her account, so criminal charges could be filed.

Oh' wait, I wonder if she knew all along that her witnesses wouldn't be able to back her up? You don't think she could've been lying about that, do you? Nahhh, women never lie.

Would you still recommend that Brett Kavanaugh stay off of basketball courts while kids are around?

I don't really get why you're so excited about that. A figure of huge controversy, in part because of a history of sexual misconduct, probably should stay away from that kind of scene. I don't see it as an unusual statement.

@Arkain2K

{<doc}

For those in America who are still on the fence on which party to support in the election tomorrow this should be a sobering reminder on which party has leaders and activists willing to make up and support a false allegation as serious as this to try and destroy someone as a political "tactic" knowing it is totally fabricated. Vote Republican or conservative independent tomorrow!

"Nothing to Gain": Kavanaugh Accuser Raises Nearly $1 Million, Fielding Book Offers
By Paul Sperry | October 29, 2018

463360.jpg

https://www.realclearinvestigations...n_kavanaugh_accusers_coffers_are_growing.html

Justice Kavanaugh turns down nearly $600,000 raised online for his defense

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

jk.jpg

Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh has reportedly turned down nearly $600,000 that had been raised in his name after sexual misconduct allegations were leveled against him during his confirmation process.

A GoFundMe page through which the funds were raised had a message saying Kavanaugh would not accept the money in order to avoid judicial ethics violations, the Washington Examiner reported.

“I've spoken to a former clerk for Judge Kavanaugh who told me that Kavanaugh’s supporters loved the outpouring of support from this GoFundMe," said conservative blogger John Hawkins, who launched the page Sept. 24. "Judicial ethics rules caution judges against permitting the use of the prestige of judicial office for fund-raising purposes. Justice Kavanaugh will not accept any proceeds from the campaign, nor will he direct that any proceeds from the campaign be provided to any third party."

The page launched one day after the New Yorker published allegations from Deborah Ramirez, who claimed Kavanaugh exposed himself to her while they were in college, and a week after Christine Blasey Ford accused him of trying to force himself on her, also decades ago.

Hawkins said he received a statement from the law clerk several days ago saying Kavanaugh was not able to accept the money and said Kavanaugh requested that Hawkins discontinue the use of his name for any fund-raising purposes.

Instead, Hawkins said he will donate the money to the Archdiocese of Washington, which operates the Catholic Youth Organization where Kavanaugh used to coach a girls’ basketball team.

The page is no longer accepting donations.

In an interview with Yahoo!, Hawkins said the idea for a Kavanaugh fundraiser page came from a conversation with a woman who noticed all the pages that had been launched on behalf of Ford.

“I was talking to a woman and … she was like, ‘Christine Blasey Ford has these GoFundMes up; I wish someone would do a GoFundMe for Brett Kavanaugh," Hawkins said.

President Trump nominated Kavanaugh for the nation's highest court in July, after Justice Anthony Kennedy announced plans to retire from his lifetime appointment. After a contentious confirmation process, the U.S. Senate voted to 50-48 on Oct. 6 to confirm Kavanaugh's nomination.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ka...00g-raised-online-for-his-defense-reports.amp

Last edited:
'No evidence to substantiate any of the claims': Takeaways from report on Kavanaugh allegations
WILLIAM CUMMINGS AND BART JANSEN | USA TODAY​

0b8915b9-8429-47d9-87e0-027b0ac30a87.jpeg

The Senate Judiciary Committee concluded there "was no evidence to substantiate any of the claims" of sexual misconduct leveled against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh in a report released over the weekend.

Kavanaugh's initial Senate hearings were contentious, with Democrats working to expose what they felt were his more extreme views and accusing Republicans of withholding relevant documents. But he seemed headed for certain confirmation when reports began to surface accusing the nominee of a decades-old sexual assault.

When psychology professor Christine Blasey Ford came forward publicly with her allegation, a furious national debate erupted. Already thunderous partisan divisions exploded and intertwined with the social upheaval of the #MeToo movement to create a storm of outrage across the political spectrum.

After Ford came forward, other accusations of misconduct against Kavanaugh began to surface, but their credibility appeared increasingly shaky.

"The revelation of last minute allegations tested the committee in many ways. But these investigative efforts rose to the occasion and were critical to helping us obtain the truth," Grassley said in a statement with the release of the report. "In the end, there was no credible evidence to support the allegations against the nominee."

After Kavanaugh was confirmed on Oct. 6, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell hailed the effort to stop Kavanaugh's confirmation as a "great political gift" for Republicans ahead of the midterm elections and said the tactics of the left-wing "mob" had "energized our base."

Democrats also claimed Kavanaugh's confirmation fired up their supporters.

Now, a detailed look at the allegations and the committee's investigation has landed just days ahead of the 2018 election to determine the next two years of congressional control.

Here are some highlights from the 414-page report, which included interviews with 45 people and 25 written statements:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1889770002

Chief Justice of California Supreme Court leaves GOP over Kavanaugh confirmation
By Morgan Gstalter - 12/13/18

Tani-Cantil-Sakauye-866x540.png

The Chief Justice of California’s Supreme Court announced on Thursday that she had left the Republican Party following the confirmation of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

California Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye told CALmatters that she had been deliberating her decision for a while but made up her mind after watching the backlash following multiple sexual assault allegations leveled against Kavanaugh.

Christine Blasey Ford, a professor from Palo Alto, testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in September, alleging that Kavanaugh assaulted her in the 1980s when they were both high school students.

Kavanaugh vehemently denied the allegations in his subsequent hearing and was later confirmed to the nation’s highest court.

Cantil-Sakauye said she decided to re-register with no-party affiliation, saying she didn’t look at it as leaving the Republican Party.

“I’ve been thinking about it for some time,” Cantil-Sakauye said, noting that she had discussed her decision with her husband and friends. They told her, Cantil-Sakauye said, “you didn’t leave the party. The party left you.”

Cantil-Sakauye, who was appointed as California’s chief justice in 2011 by then-GOP Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, was just the second woman to hold the position. She is also the first Filipina-American state Supreme Court justice.

“I felt compelled to make a choice now,” she told CALmatters. “It better suits what I do and how I approach issues.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...ornia-supreme-court-leaves-gop-over-kavanaugh

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...ornia-supreme-court-leaves-gop-over-kavanaugh

"The chief justice of California’s Supreme Court announced on Thursday that she had left the Republican Party following the confirmation of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye told CALmatters that she had been deliberating her decision for a while but made up her mind after watching the backlash following multiple sexual assault allegations leveled against Kavanaugh.

Christine Blasey Ford, a professor from Palo Alto, Calif., testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in September, alleging that Kavanaugh assaulted her in the 1980s when they were both high school students.

Kavanaugh vehemently denied the allegations in his subsequent hearing and was later confirmed to the nation’s highest court.

Cantil-Sakauye said she decided to re-register without a party affiliation, saying she didn’t look at it as leaving the Republican Party.

“I’ve been thinking about it for some time,” Cantil-Sakauye said, noting that she had discussed her decision with her husband and friends. She said they told her, “You didn’t leave the party. The party left you.”

Cantil-Sakauye, who was appointed as California’s chief justice in 2011 by then-GOP Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, was just the second woman to hold the position. She is also the first Filipina-American state Supreme Court justice.

“I felt compelled to make a choice now,” she told CALmatters. “It better suits what I do and how I approach issues.”

Cantil-Sakauye has sparred with the Trump administration in the past, saying earlier this week that the president’s attacks on judges who rule against him are damaging the rule of law.

“We as a branch (of government) need to defend our own,” Cantil-Sakauye said during an annual meeting with reporters. The best way to do that, she said, is to promote civics education and “invite the public into our courtrooms.”

She also has taken a stand regarding federal immigration officials detaining undocumented immigrants at California courthouses.

“Enforcement policies that include stalking courthouses and arresting undocumented immigrants, the vast majority of whom pose no risk to public safety, are neither safe nor fair," she wrote in a March 2017 letterto then-U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions and then-Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly.

"They not only compromise our core value of fairness but they undermine the judiciary’s ability to provide equal access to justice. I respectfully request that you refrain from this sort of enforcement in California's courthouses,” she continued.

Cantil-Sakauye joins a number of many prominent Republicans who have disavowed or left the GOP in recent months.

Former Rep. David Jolly (Fla.) said in October that he would re-register without a party affiliation with his wife in an attempt to reject partisan politics.

"It's also just a personal rejection of partisanship. It's a very comfortable place for us to be," Jolly said of his decision.

Lori Stegmann, an elected official in Oregon, left the Republican Party in July because she could not condone “the misogyny, the racism, and the unethical and immoral behavior of the current administration.”

Republican strategist Steve Schmidt left the party in June citing the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy for illegal border crossings, which led to the separation of thousands of migrant parents and children."
Personally, I view this lady as a Liberal Progressive activist. The idea that she was ever a "Republican" is laughable. It reminds me of some of the far-Left posters on this board who say "I'm a Conservative, but... [endorses Commie platform]." GTFO.

Some of her statements are troubling, such as her statement that "We [judges] as a branch (of government) need to defend our own." Who does this lady think she is? Hey lady, your job is to apply the law correctly—we're not paying you to play Band of Brothers with your robe-clad friends. And how could
a judge look at what happened to Justice Kavanaugh and side with an accuser who provided absolutely no evidence for her claims whatsoever? Can anyone believe this judge is impartial on the sexual assault issue now? I sure don't.

Judge Tani Cantil-Sakauye needs to get the Rose Bird treatment. Hopefully Kavanaugh gets a chance to overturn a few of this lady's opinions. I'm sure he will.

so she’s upset that unfounded allegations went unfounded lol

She was appointed by Shwarzennegger (another fake Conservative). State Court judges are appointed by governors.

Indeed, she has nothing to do with federal court system.
Not sure why she's so out of shape about it. Settle down, lady, do your state-level job.

Indeed, she has nothing to do with federal court system.
Not sure why she's so out of shape about it. Settle down, lady, do your state-level job.

IMO, there is nothing more dangerous to the judiciary than a "Conservative" judge with an SJW ethos.

Another temper tantrum of tolerance from the left. Sad part is they will prop this woman up as a martyr and we will see her sliming her way through the DNC ranks.

A person of such weak caliber doesn't belong anywhere near a court bench anyway, so fuck her.

Back