Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
@nac386 , what are your thoughts on this?

Correct me if I'm wrong because I have not read up on this. But a woman penned an anonymous letter, claiming to have been assaulted. A woman claimed to be that anonymous person, but now admitted she is not? If I'm interpreting this right, then I'm not surprised at all that this was just an attention seeker. Anonymous claims tend to be made by people who want to remain anonymous. I honestly never even heard of the anonymous woman, or this lying woman, until now.

The only claim that I ever really paid attention to was Ford's claim, since she was the only one standing by it and opening everything up to scrutiny. I think this story does not really mean much to me, since I never even heard of her in the first place.

I don't know what laws she broke, but an example should be made of her.

You should know by now that these silly boy tactics never work on me.
Fawlty we all like to drink beer with our friends, hell I'd even have a pint with you during a Conor fight.
So quit defending the indefensible.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I have not read up on this. But a woman penned an anonymous letter, claiming to have been assaulted. A woman claimed to be that anonymous person, but now admitted she is not?
This is right. A lot of people are stupidly trying to leverage that for more than it's worth though.

Fawlty we all like to drink beer with our friends, hell I'd even have a pint with you during a Conor fight.
So quit defending the indefensible.
You should probably re-read the exchange then, because you clearly misunderstood it.

This should be mandatory minimum of at least 25years in prison.

brothas dont play around. a race of manly men who still got aggression. white men are half cucks and the other half not.

I fucking hate extreme leftists, especially the white progressive variety, and also the "derp derp, gender is a social construct " extreme feminist types , but I wouldn't wish this on anyone, nor would I strike a downed foe, a woman more so.

I thought that guy was out of line.

brothas dont play around. a race of manly men who still got aggression. white men are half cucks and the other half not.

Weird post.

giphy.gif

I guess it's possible she actually is accuser #4 (who was anonymous) but is now trying to cover for herself?

It's certainly a possibility.

The anonymous letter was handwritten according to the previous report, so I suppose it's not too difficult to figure that part out in an investigation.

No, you're not following the discussion (and you know this, but are pretending not to). You wanted reasons why Ford would not press charges. You were given good reasons, aside from whatever private reasons she might have had.

The reasoning is solid, of course. Let's say a nominee had a history of stealing things, but wasn't turned in. The people he stole from may not want to be made whole, but yet may feel like it's important for the nation to know that he's a thief. There are many of these sorts of examples that, for different reasons, could potentially disqualify a nominee but not subject the nominee to other legal or civil action.

My prediction is that you'll try to move the goalposts again, but I'm not going to allow you to do that. You should know by now that these silly boy tactics never work on me.
Ford claimed that this attack left her so scarred that sh became too afraid of enclosed places to fly in airplanes. She also claimed that she remained so traumatized decades later that she needed another door put in her house so she'd have an escape route.

It's hard to pair her claims of lifelong trauma based on Kavanaugh's alleged actions, which manifests itself in strong physical fear decades later, with an unwillingness to take even the most basic step toward building a case against him. I 'd understand if she simply didn't want to relive things or stir up the issue, but once the Senate is involved, and the FBI is involved, I think it is quite odd that she didn't file a police report. I think it quite odd that her lawyers did not council her to do so.

Ford claimed that this attack left her so scarred that sh became too afraid of enclosed places to fly in airplanes. She also claimed that she remained so traumatized decades later that she needed another door put in her house so she'd have an escape route.

It's hard to pair her claims of lifelong trauma based on Kavanaugh's alleged actions, which manifests itself in strong physical fear decades later, with an unwillingness to take even the most basic step toward building a case against him. I 'd understand if she simply didn't want to relive things or stir up the issue, but once the Senate is involved, and the FBI is involved, I think it is quite odd that she didn't file a police report. I think it quite odd that her lawyers did not council her to do so.
I'm not (re)litigating Ford's claims. My position is that we can't know the truth here with the evidence we have, and that it's not extremely likely either way. We were discussing reasons that Ford wouldn't press charges in the event that her account is true, and those reasons are so obvious that I do not believe that you don't understand them.

I don't know why none of you can seem to stay on point. And I already gave several reasons not to press charges, two of which are legal reasons that it would be a sketchy and unlikely charge, and one of which she gave herself (she only wanted the nation to know who they were putting up).

Great timing at least. That should fire up a few more GOP voters to the polls.

This can't be understated.

It refreshes every GOP voter's memory of the horseshit that the Dems did to Kavanaugh.

I'm not (re)litigating Ford's claims. My position is that we can't know the truth here with the evidence we have, and that it's not extremely likely either way. We were discussing reasons that Ford wouldn't press charges in the event that her account is true, and those reasons are so obvious that I do not believe that you don't understand them.

I don't know why none of you can seem to stay on point. And I already gave several reasons not to press charges, two of which are legal reasons that it would be a sketchy and unlikely charge, and one of which she gave herself (she only wanted the nation to know who they were putting up).

Yeah, and you've been given stronger arguments why a normal person who wasn't lying for political reasons, would file a police report. You just don't want to acknowledge them.

Nobody is changing the subject, Fawlts. Your arguments have been read. Your arguments are shit, and make no sense alongside the chain of events.

If she's so worried about "who they were putting up" and was actually assaulted she should've pressed charges or kept her mouth shut . . . this was all for show.

It is mind boggling that people still find Ford credible. Her testimony had more holes than a donut shop. We will never know the "truth" of what she was trying to claim, but we can also choose not to be retarded.

Prove to me Santa Claus isn't real. You can't, so I guess we will never know the truth about Christmas.

Back