Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
The FBI asked Judge "tell us what you know"...he said "nothing"...no further questions. There is a difference between the FBI doing criminal investigations and doing background checks. There is no digging when someone says "don't know, don't want to talk"...

They have absolutely no evidence to the contrary, accept for accuser's account, which was not verified by anyone.

I think what you want, is the FBI to throw Judge in an interrogation room and beat the "truth" out of him with phone books. That would be "getting to the bottom of it" in your book.

They have absolutely no evidence to the contrary, accept for accuser's account, which was not verified by anyone.

I think what you want, is the FBI to throw Judge in an interrogation room and beat the "truth" out of him with phone books. That would be "getting to the bottom of it" in your book.
I don't "want" anything. I think what would have happened is that Judge would have been assaulted by alcohol questions to impugn Kavanaugh had the dems got him in front of the Judiciary Committee for questioning. And it would have been really unfair. I'm pointing out the politics in all this, he's on the the court and I never thought he should be disqualified even if he was a drunken asshole who treated Dr. Ford like shit when he was 17. I believe she is not lying, and I also believe that if something happened he probably sees it a very different way in that I highly doubt he ever had an intention of raping her or doing damage to her psychologically.

I just think the "she's confused" republican stance is utter bullshit. I also think it's unfair to crucify Kavanaugh when she wasn't even accusing him of rape, she was accusing him of scarring her mentally through essentially being a 17 year old asshole. That doesn't make it ok, but his life shouldn't be judged on that factor.

The FBI asked Judge "tell us what you know"...he said "nothing"...no further questions. There is a difference between the FBI doing criminal investigations and doing background checks. There is no digging when someone says "don't know, don't want to talk"...

Also, if the Republicans were serious about finding out what happened, they would have subpoenaed Mark Judge. They didn't want the answers, you don't have to dodge that, both sides played politics, you don't have to pick a side to state the obvious. It was pretty clear that if Dems got to question Judge, it would have come out that him and Kavanaugh were raging alcoholics in high school and college. It wouldn't have spoken to whether they tried to rape Ford or not, but it would have ruined his confirmation, and Kavanaugh's outright and hilarious lying about this drinking and what certain terms meant would have been seen as a disqualifying farce.

He's on the court now, if you're still going to discuss it, just discuss it like a normal person looking at what happened from a reality standpoint and from an unbiased political standpoint.

I think he was there in a room with Ford, he was a raging alcoholic and a dipshit generally at that point in his life...and that it shouldn't have disqualified him from being on the supreme court (even though if all that was confirmed, they would have railroaded him).

You guys are way to heavy on the alcoholism thing. Most binge drinkers dont sexually assault people and the world is full of law abiding alcoholics.

Secondly, if the alleged incident occurred, they could have raped her if they wanted. Why are you saying "Whether they tried to rape her or not", it's misleading. They didn't try to rape her. Ford doesn't claim that they tried to rape her and like I said they would have if they tried.

Thirdly, its idiotic to consider her testimony to be credible lol.

Also, if the Republicans were serious about finding out what happened, they would have subpoenaed Mark Judge. They didn't want the answers, you don't have to dodge that, both sides played politics, you don't have to pick a side to state the obvious. It was pretty clear that if Dems got to question Judge, it would have come out that him and Kavanaugh were raging alcoholics in high school and college. It wouldn't have spoken to whether they tried to rape Ford or not, but it would have ruined his confirmation, and Kavanaugh's outright and hilarious lying about this drinking and what certain terms meant would have been seen as a disqualifying farce.

He's on the court now, if you're still going to discuss it, just discuss it like a normal person looking at what happened from a reality standpoint and from an unbiased political standpoint.

I think he was there in a room with Ford, he was a raging alcoholic and a dipshit generally at that point in his life...and that it shouldn't have disqualified him from being on the supreme court (even though if all that was confirmed, they would have railroaded him).

Sure in a criminal case after Judge said I don't know anything about it the fbi could go interview the other witnesses. Oh wait, they did that.

And lol at him being in the room with her despite all evidence to the contrary. I also doubt a raging alcoholic could graduate top of his class at prep school and then with honors at Yale.

Last edited:
You guys are way to heavy on the alcoholism thing. Most binge drinkers dont sexually assault people and the world is full of law abiding alcoholics.

Secondly, if the alleged incident occurred, they could have raped her if they wanted. Why are you saying "Whether they tried to rape her or not", it's misleading. They didn't try to rape her. Ford doesn't claim that they tried to rape her and like I said they would have if they tried.

Thirdly, its idiotic to consider her testimony to be credible lol.
I dont think he intended to rape her even if what she says is true. You think she's a "democrat liar"...good for you.

Just say that she made it all up and we can move on.

NY man arrested after making multiple death threats to senators who backed Judge Brett Kavanaugh
Kevin McCoy, USA TODAY | Oct. 19, 2018

m-mugshot-1.jpg

NEW YORK – A Long Island man was arrested Friday on charges he made phone threats to assault and kill two U.S. senators who supported the confirmation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Ronald DeRisi, 74, allegedly left expletive-filled phone messages to the senators, whose names were not released in a federal complaint in support of an arrest warrant that was unsealed by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York. The senators do not represent New York, the filing said.

In a message left for one of the senators on Sept. 27, prosecutors alleged in the complaint, DeRisi said he had a "present" for the Washington lawmaker: "It's a nine-millimeter. Side of your ... skull."

The suspect concluded by saying "Yeah, Kavanaugh – I don't think so," according to prosecutors.

In an Oct. 6 message left for the second senator, prosecutors alleged, DeRisi stated: "you better pray this guy don't get in."

Less than 90 minutes later, prosecutors alleged, DeRisi left follow-up message in which he said: "I'm gonna get you."

After the Senate confirmed Kavanaugh's nomination, DeRisi allegedly called the second senator's office again.

This time, he said: "Thanks to you .... we now have a sexual predator on the Supreme Court," and added: "we will proceed to correct it," the complaint charged.

DeRisi left more than 10 threatening messages, prosecutors alleged.

Federal investigators identified DeRisi through telephone records and voice samples, according to prosecutors.

DeRisi was arrested in Smithtown, where he lives, and taken into custody. He was scheduled to appear in federal court later Friday afternoon.

After his arrest, U.S. Capitol Police executed a search warrant and seized the cellular phone that federal investigators said DeRisi used to make the threatening calls, authorities said.

The nomination of Kavanaugh by President Donald Trump sparked a political battle that deepened the nation's divisions.

Christine Blasey Ford, a psychologist and professor in California, testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when both were teenagers at neighboring high schools in the Washington suburbs of Maryland.

Kavanaugh angrily denied the allegations before the committee.

Supporters of both Kavanaugh and Ford staged vigils and protests in support of their causes.

Kavanaugh was confirmed to the court on a largely party-line vote.

"The First Amendment – the pinnacle of American achievement – protects debate, disagreement and dissent, not death threats," Richard Donoghue, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, said in a statement after the charges against DeRisi were unsealed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ators-death-threats-supreme-court/1696347002/

A complaint against Ford's layers has been filed with the Bar Association. I have no idea how likely it is to succeed, but on it's face it seems reasonable. It's focused on the failure of Ford's lawyers to clearly explain to her the Senate's offer to interview her in California, thus removing the need for her to fly, which she said was terrifying for her.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press...&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=press release

NY man arrested after making multiple death threats to senators who backed Judge Brett Kavanaugh

m-mugshot-1.jpg

NEW YORK – A Long Island man was arrested Friday on charges he made phone threats to assault and kill two U.S. senators who supported the confirmation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Ronald DeRisi, 74, allegedly left expletive-filled phone messages to the senators, whose names were not released in a federal complaint in support of an arrest warrant that was unsealed by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York. The senators do not represent New York, the filing said.

In a message left for one of the senators on Sept. 27, prosecutors alleged in the complaint, DeRisi said he had a "present" for the Washington lawmaker: "It's a nine-millimeter. Side of your ... skull."

The suspect concluded by saying "Yeah, Kavanaugh – I don't think so," according to prosecutors.

In an Oct. 6 message left for the second senator, prosecutors alleged, DeRisi stated: "you better pray this guy don't get in."

Less than 90 minutes later, prosecutors alleged, DeRisi left follow-up message in which he said: "I'm gonna get you."

After the Senate confirmed Kavanaugh's nomination, DeRisi allegedly called the second senator's office again.

This time, he said: "Thanks to you .... we now have a sexual predator on the Supreme Court," and added: "we will proceed to correct it," the complaint charged.

Federal investigators identified DeRisi through telephone records and voice samples, according to prosecutors.

DeRisi was arrested in Smithtown, where he lives, and taken into custody. He was scheduled to appear in federal court later Friday afternoon.

After his arrest, U.S. Capitol Police executed a search warrant and seized the cellular phone that federal investigators said DeRisi used to make the threatening calls, authorities said.

The nomination of Kavanaugh by President Donald Trump sparked a political battle that deepened the nation's divisions.

Christine Blasey Ford, a psychologist and professor in California, testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when both were teenagers at neighboring high schools in the Washington suburbs of Maryland.

Supporters of both Kavanaugh and Ford staged vigils and protests in support of their causes.

"The First Amendment – the pinnacle of American achievement – protects debate, disagreement and dissent, not death threats," Richard Donoghue, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, said in a statement after the charges against DeRisi were unsealed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ators-death-threats-supreme-court/1696347002/
On the bright side, if the Dem's win elections, Hillary said they might be civil again.

m-mugshot-1.jpg

This guy looks like Jordan Peterson, if he were to go on a meth and alcohol binge for about one and a half months. Not surprised, incel lashing out against a chad.

Deranged ideologues of all sides are almost always physically grotesque.

This guy looks like Jordan Peterson, if he were to go on a meth and alcohol binge for about one and a half months. Not surprised, incel lashing out against a chad.

NBC Tries, Fails To Defend Itself After Sitting On Information That Undermined Kavanaugh Accusers
Daily Wire said:
An NBC reporter who interviewed one of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s accusers, and who admitted to sitting on evidence that two of his accusers were not credible, is now trying to defend herself and her network.

It’s not working.

Kate Snow interviewed Julie Swetnick on Oct. 1. Swetnick claimed in a sworn statement to her attorney, Michael Avenatti, that she saw Kavanaugh act aggressively toward women, spike punch with drugs to get women drunk, and line up outside of rooms to gang-rape women. On NBC, Swetnick walked back her most important claims: She didn’t see Kavanaugh spike any punch and she never saw men lined up to gang-rape women (they were just “huddled by doors).”

Kavanaugh said he doesn’t even know Swetnick. One of the people Swetnick named to corroborate her story also didn’t remember anyone with that name.

Snow opened her interview by acknowledging the network couldn’t verify any of Swetnick’s claims. Yet the network still chose to give her a 13-minute primetime interview.

Last Thursday, NBC acknowledged that a second accuser represented by attorney Avenatti, whose name is still unknown, said her words were “twisted” in her sworn statement and that she never saw Kavanaugh spike punch or act inappropriately toward women. NBC had this information days before Kavanaugh’s confirmation vote, but didn’t report it until now.

On Saturday, Snow took to Twitter to defend herself and her network for sitting on information that could have helped Kavanaugh gain some of his reputation back after the salacious allegations.

“Important context to my and @annaschecter’s story regarding a second woman Michael Avenatti put forward to corroborate Julie Swetnick’s claims about Brett Kavanaugh,” Snow began her eight-tweet thread.

My interview with Ms. Swetnick aired on October 1. She was making serious claims, so we took care to provide viewers the full context around her allegations and our reporting with a 13+ min piece 2/8

— Kate Snow (@tvkatesnow) October 27, 2018
So, because she made “serious claims,” she was given a primetime interview, even though her claims couldn’t be verified.

“We also made clear – in the interest of full transparency – that NBC News had not been able to independently verify her claims,” Snow continued, as if that makes it okay to give uncorroborated, horrific allegations air time when a man’s reputation is at stake.

We also made clear – in the interest of full transparency – that NBC News had not been able to independently verify her claims. 3/8

Snow then explained the story NBC wrote on Thursday.

By the time we were able to find the woman independently from Mr. Avenatti, who declined to give us her full legal name and phone number, and fully report and vet her story, the Kavanaugh confirmation process was over and the news value was limited. 5/8

This isn’t true. NBC knew at the time Avenatti released the second woman’s statement that she wasn’t credible, on Oct. 3. Kavanaugh was confirmed on Oct. 6. NBC — according to Snow’s own reporting — contacted this woman on Oct. 3 after Avenatti released her statement. The woman said she only “skimmed” the declaration. On Oct. 4, she texted NBC to say she didn’t see what she was alleged to have seen in the affidavit.

Snow also reported that Avenatti confirmed the woman they talked to and his second client were one and the same, and had some more back and forth messages with her and Avenatti, ,separately. The last text from this woman — again, according to NBC’s own reporting — came on Oct. 5, the day before Kavanaugh was confirmed.

Even if it were true that NBC couldn’t “fully report and vet her story” before the Kavanaugh confirmation, the “news value” would not be “limited.” The man is sitting on the Supreme Court and a large chunk of the American people think he is a gang-rapist. Providing evidence that he is not would certainly be newsworthy, go a long way to repairing Americans’ trust in the media, and repair Kavanaugh’s reputation.

Further, Snow admits her and her network’s left-wing bias by claiming they couldn’t post the story on Avenatti’s second client because they couldn’t “fully report and vet her story,” when they put Swetnick on air with a disclaimer they couldn’t verify her story. The woman accusing Kavanaugh of gang-rape was given an interview without verification, the story about how Avenatti’s clients disagreed with their sworn statements was not posted without verification.

To be clear – we did NOT have enough reporting to publish the second woman’s account until after Justice Kavanaugh secured enough votes for confirmation. 6/8

But they did have enough reporting to present suspicions about her account before the Kavanaugh hearing. And, as I mentioned before, they went forward with outlandish, salacious accusations against Kavanaugh without vetting those.

We always want to be clear and fully transparent around our reporting, and that’s what we’re doing here. 8/8

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) did not make the story newsworthy again. It was always newsworthy. NBC proved that it only cared about sexual assault accusations against Kavanaugh to stop his confirmation. Once he was confirmed, NBC didn’t care whether the accusations were true or not, because he was already on the court.

Snow’s attempt to defend herself and her network just dug them a deeper hole.
Tough to take NBC as sincere about not giving a platform to people making dangerous accusations without first vetting the information when they behave like this just because a SCOTUS seat is on the line.

Reminds me of the sobering moment following the Boston Bombing where social media learned the lesson that crowd-sourcing isn't a perfect system for figuring out suspects, either.

No matter which side you are on for this entire fiasco, you should be disappointed in how it all happened. This was a shitshow from one side to the other, with everyone involved acting like children and some people still doing it. Fucking pathetic.

No matter which side you are on for this entire fiasco, you should be disappointed in how it all happened. This was a shitshow from one side to the other, with everyone involved acting like children and some people still doing it. Fucking pathetic.
The Democrats were the embarrassment. This one wasn't shared between aisles (unless you go back to Garland). They caused the shitshow. They engineered the damn thing. I'm afraid "both sides" doesn't play here any more than it did in Charlottesville.

The Democrats were the embarrassment. This one wasn't shared between aisles (unless you go back to Garland). They caused the shitshow. They engineered the damn thing. I'm afraid "both sides" doesn't play here any more than it did in Charlottesville.
fair...the Democrats were hyper political to the point of ridiculousness.

however, the implication that the Republicans were the arbiters of fairness is disingenuous. The charade with bringing in a female prosecutor to handle the questioning, only to tell her "fuck off bye" when she actually started bothering their nominee with legitimate questions that were clearly going to be hard for him to answer is a joke. They didn't want the truth, they wanted their way and if they were being honest they didn't think it fair that a 17 year old being a drunk asshole (which he clearly was) is good enough reason to keep him off the court (I agree with that sentiment)... and you can't remove Garland from this and put it in a vacuum.

Back