Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
I'm still doubting she ever shows up. This is one big play to stall, and the Dems are hoping the Reps take the bait, and delay their deadline to accompany this woman. If they do that, then it will be endless requests to make her comfortable, right down to blue M&M's.

Reps have to stand firm behind Monday.
You know they’re going to roll out more people saying they heard, saw or knew what was going on

Look at the conventions, and decorum Democrats are breaking with this attack.......oh wait, here comes a republican from SC, saying hold my beer........

Rep. Ralph Norman (R-S.C.) on Thursday mocked the sexual misconduct accusations brought against President Trump's Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh.

"Did you hear about this?" Norman, who has represented South Carolina's 5th Congressional District since 2017, said at an election debate, according to The Post and Courier.

"Ruth Bader Ginsburg came out saying she was groped by Abraham Lincoln," he quipped about the 85-year-old Supreme Court Justice.

The newspaper noted that the comment sparked nervous laughter at the venue in which the debate was being held.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...ation-jokes-that-ginsburg-claimed-she-was?amp

I'm not a fan of Kavanaugh, but I don't like character assassinations against judges just to obstruct the political process. The Republicans were guilty of delay tactics too when Obama tried to nominate Garland, but Democrats took it to a whole new level with sexual assault allegations. There are plenty of things I think we can legitimately criticize Kavanaugh for, especially his decisions on campaign donation, abortion or executive powers. These should be brought under the microscope, not some incident that occurred 36 years ago without a shred of evidence beyond the accuser.
Democrats chose not to fight that because they did not want the moderate obama picked, the waited so hillary could put a activist on the bench. No way Trump was going to win

If the GOP lets this slanderer now under full control of Dem operatives to dictate ludicrous terms and agrees to another delay, they will be more unpopular with the conservative base than ever. I don't know how to explain it unless they want to lose to keep the status quo and thwart Trump. Only thing that makes sense.

If the GOP lets this slanderer now under full control of Dem operatives to dictate ludicrous terms and agrees to another delay, they will be more unpopular with the conservative base than ever. I don't know how to explain it unless they want to lose to keep the status quo and thwart Trump. Only thing that makes sense.

Or you know, if you dig deep enough you will find everyone has skeletons in their closet, and Republicans get to choose between the optics of silencing her, or letting her speak. Both or which make them look bad.

Look at the conventions, and decorum Democrats are breaking with this attack.......oh wait, here comes a republican from SC, saying hold my beer........

Rep. Ralph Norman (R-S.C.) on Thursday mocked the sexual misconduct accusations brought against President Trump's Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh.

"Did you hear about this?" Norman, who has represented South Carolina's 5th Congressional District since 2017, said at an election debate, according to The Post and Courier.

"Ruth Bader Ginsburg came out saying she was groped by Abraham Lincoln," he quipped about the 85-year-old Supreme Court Justice.

The newspaper noted that the comment sparked nervous laughter at the venue in which the debate was being held.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/house/407649-gop-lawmaker-mocks-kavanaugh-accusation-jokes-that-ginsburg-claimed-she-was?amp

ROFL that’s freaking 10/10

Gahhaha ginsburg groped by Lincoln.

Or you know, if you dig deep enough you will find everyone has skeletons in their closet, and Republicans get to choose between the optics of silencing her, or letting her speak. Both or which make them look bad.

You don't dictate terms to appear before the Senate. And the accuser doesn't speak after the accused. That's a reversal of 800 years of Western tradition. That's insane. Anyone who thinks this woman is a victim looking for justice and not a political puppet just needs to look at terms that no one sane would ever accept.

Bad optics to who? The media and Democrats who hate them? Or the conservative base that hates and distrusts the media they are deferential too. It makes absolutely no sense politically. Republican women believe her even less than men. It's insane politics and typical of the GOP establishment who could not be more out of touch with their voters.

You don't dictate terms to appear before the Senate. And the accuser doesn't speak after the accused. That's a reversal of 800 years of Western tradition. That's insane. Anyone who thinks this woman is a victim looking for justice and not a political puppet just needs to look at terms that no one sane would ever accept.

I wouldn't debate this is politics, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Their is a cost to playing the game as Trump and others have. You don't have any credibility when you scream "not fair". It's all in the game man.

Bad optics to who? The media and Democrats who hate them? Or the conservative base that hates and distrusts the media they are deferential too. It makes absolutely no sense politically. Republican women believe her even less than men. It's insane politics and typical of the GOP establishment who could not be more out of touch with their voters.

The people who aren't brainwashed partisans and actually decide elections. Yep, 30% on both sides that would vote for a child molester over the other side, but that remaining 40% is what matters. The base of the Republican and Democrat parties have made themselves irrelevant by their own fanaticism.

But you realized it was a joke. Now go tell everyone else the same. :)

It was a joke that violates the same established norms, and decorum, that the Dems have violated with this attack on Kavanaugh, showing that niether side has any claim to a moral high ground.

Both have been shitting where they eat for so long, we shouldn't be surprised when we all die of Cholera.

It was a joke that violates the same established norms, and decorum, that the Dems have violated with this attack on Kavanaugh, showing that niether side has any claim to a moral high ground.

Both have been shitting where they eat for so long, we shouldn't be surprised when we all die of Cholera.

Uh huh. I’ll take what he’s having....

03PXuyT.png

Ginsberg's expression is hilarious.

The people who aren't brainwashed partisans and actually decide elections. Yep, 30% on both sides that would vote for a child molester over the other side, but that remaining 40% is what matters. The base of the Republican and Democrat parties have made themselves irrelevant by their own fanaticism.

Yeah. Jeb Bush said he could win without the base too.

Yeah. Jeb Bush said he could win without the base too.

Yeah, that is the one thing you don't do.

See, you do it like Trump, and pretend to appease your base, while selling them out. They won't believe the other side even if their telling the truth. Like I said, the base of both parties have rendered themselves irrelevant. The people who stay home are the one's the parties know they have to win. This is why all they talk about is voter turnout.

Ford lawyers say she is open to testifying, but not Monday
By Eli Watkins, Gloria Borger, Jim Acosta and Sunlen Serfaty, CNN | September 20, 2018

ford-kavanaugh-1200x675.jpg

Christine Blasey Ford opened the possibility she would testify before Congress about her accusation of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

An email her lawyers sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee said Ford "would be prepared to testify next week" if the senators offer her "terms that are fair and which ensure her safety."

The message came a day ahead of a 10 a.m. Friday deadline set by Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa for Ford to decide whether she would appear before a hearing he set for Monday.

Testifying Monday, however, "is not possible and the Committee's insistence that it occur then is arbitrary in any event," Ford's lawyers wrote.

"As you are aware, she has been receiving death threats, which have been reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and she and her family have been forced out of their home," the email said. "She wishes to testify, provided that we can agree on terms that are fair and which ensure her safety."

The New York Times first reported the email.

A Republican source familiar with the matter told CNN that Republicans were looking into bringing in an outside counsel -- who is female -- to question Ford, if a hearing actually happens. Such a move could help the GOP overcome its lack of female senators on the committee.

Ford attorneys, committee staff hold call
Ford's attorneys and Senate Judiciary Committee aides held a conference call later Thursday, which a source told CNN lasted an hour.

Sources familiar with the call said Ford's legal team laid out some of its stipulations for testifying before the committee.

The biggest concerns raised by Ford's lawyer on the call were her safety and the Monday hearing date, according to one source with knowledge of the call.

"She was not willing to do Monday," the source said.

Also, her attorney suggested that senators -- not an outside counsel or lawyer -- do the questioning, according to a senior congressional source with knowledge of the call.

Ford's team is skeptical about using an outside counsel, which Republicans are considering hiring to do the questioning, likely a woman to help with the fact that no Republican women sit on the committee.
And Ford's lawyer made clear that at no point during any potential hearing could Ford be in the same room as Kavanaugh, the senior congressional source said.

There was also a request that Kavanaugh testify first at the hearing -- which a separate source said the committee Republicans were unlikely to grant.

Yet multiple sources said the requests -- beyond not appearing in the same room as Kavanaugh and guaranteeing her safety -- weren't viewed as red lines by Ford's camp. Instead, they were perceived as initial asks, as part of the negotiations.

Adding additional witnesses remained a point of dispute as well, with direct questions over whether Mark Judge -- a Kavanaugh friend whom Ford says was in the room when the alleged assault happened -- could testify -- or why not.

Another source said Ford would like the committee to subpoena Judge and other alleged witnesses.

Ford's lawyer proposed next Thursday as a potential date for the hearing. No commitments were made, but GOP staff plans to report to Grassley, who will then talk with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other committee members.

The hearing date remains the biggest holdup, that source says.

"More problems could arise, and there's a lot more to iron out," but the call "was an important first step," the source said, indicating things are moving toward the hearing happening next week.

"There were some agreements, some disagreements," the source familiar with the call said. "But we're talking now."

That source added, "We want this to work."

One show of good faith, the source said, was that Ford's attorneys canceled cable news interviews for the evening, which showed all sides were working toward crafting an agreement for the testimony.

A source with knowledge of the call told CNN there was no specific resolution or conclusion reached after the call and that negotiations would continue between the committee and Ford.

Kavanaugh: 'I will be there'
Kavanaugh has denied the accusation he sexually assaulted Ford while drunk at a party in his high school years and said he would be willing to appear before the committee to refute it. He was at the White House on Thursday for the fourth consecutive day, as he prepares for possible testimony.

The White House released a letter on Thursday evening from Kavanaugh, where he said he would be at the planned hearing on Monday.

"I will be there," Kavanaugh said. "I look forward to the opportunity to testify before the Committee."

Kavanaugh said further that he spoke with committee staff last Monday, the day after Ford went public, and requested a hearing for Tuesday.

"I continue to want a hearing as soon as possible, so that I can clear my name," Kavanaugh wrote. "Since the moment I first heard this allegation, I have categorically and unequivocally denied it. I remain committed to defending my integrity."

Ford had said in a letter through her lawyers on Tuesday evening that she wanted an FBI investigation into the matter before she appeared before the Senate committee tasked with reviewing Kavanuagh's nomination.

After Grassley rebuffed the request for an FBI investigation and President Donald Trump downplayed the notion, Ford's attorney Lisa Banks said on Wednesday that "the rush to a hearing is unnecessary, and contrary to the committee discovering the truth."

McConnell expressed confidence on Thursday that Kavanaugh will ultimately be confirmed. The Kentucky Republican responded affirmatively when asked if he had confidence that Kavanaugh would be confirmed, telling CNN, "Oh, yeah."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/politics/christine-blasey-ford-brett-kavanaugh-testimony/index.html

Plenty of Google help on this if you actually care.

The dems are politicizing it and Dr. Ford is probably interested in revenge at some level, which explains the timing of revealing herself. If it's true he did this, her timing is fair play by me.

I have a really hard time believing she just made everything up and it's beyond credulity that the dems put her up to it. An event probably occurred and it's probable the way she interpreted it is nowhere close to what Kavanaugh was intending...but if he admits to a misunderstanding in this climate he is screwed.

Let's face it, if she comes off competent and somewhat convincing and gives graphic details...in the court of public opinion he is toast. You may not like that but that's reality.

So she was waiting for revenge? So for the last 35 years she was just thinking............. I bet he will get the nomination to the Supreme Court! Then I will hit him!

lmao, if she wanted revenge she could have gotten it long ago. His career is decades long. So why now?

It is such a farce.

So she was waiting for revenge? So for the last 35 years she was just thinking............. I bet he will get the nomination to the Supreme Court! Then I will hit him!

lmao, if she wanted revenge she could have gotten it long ago. His career is decades long. So why now?

It is such a farce.
I dont know dude, I'm not in her head. Dont give me that "it's a rational world" bs...people do weird and incomprehensible shit every day. I dont think she's just making it up either. No reason to put another witness there (a pal of the attacker no less) in the room or put your family through hell for nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back