Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
You need to stop acting like the dems or the reps have the high ground. Both are playing hardball politics.

I'm not claiming either have the high ground, but the republicans clearly don't believe her story - although they aren't keen to question her on tv.

I truly don't believe the democrats believe it either or else they wouldn't have sat on it all summer.

And as has already been pointed out - if they don't let her testify the dems say they repubs are silencing her; when they say testify the dems say they are victimizing her. If it's not on her timeline and under her conditions again the gop are victimizing her. it's lose/lose for Kavanaugh.

Impenetrable legal reasoning. "He didn't live in the area, he couldn't have been there"...

It's shady, but since 3 men have said Kavanaugh was never at such a party it may actually be correct as implausible as it sounds.

I'm not claiming either have the high ground, but the republicans clearly don't believe her story - although they aren't keen to question her on tv.

I truly don't believe the democrats believe it either or else they wouldn't have sat on it all summer.

And as has already been pointed out - if they don't let her testify the dems say they repubs are silencing her; when they say testify the dems say they are victimizing her. If it's not on her timeline and under her conditions again the gop are victimizing her. it's lose/lose for Kavanaugh.
Politically there is no good move for the Republicans. The dems are basically just poking the situation.

Enough. Time to vote him in. Just tell her <DontBelieve1> and move on Monday.

It's shady, but since 3 men have said Kavanaugh was never at such a party it may actually be correct as implausible as it sounds.
That isn't going to help. If she testifies it really is all about how she comes across in a VERY superficial way. It's super fucked up and shows just how low we've sunk politically.

Thanks. I was hoping you'd like it.
tenor.gif

LOL, you must hate women.
Why do you hate women so?
I'm not a fan of Kavanaugh, but I don't like character assassinations against judges just to obstruct the political process. The Republicans were guilty of delay tactics too when Obama tried to nominate Garland, but Democrats took it to a whole new level with sexual assault allegations. There are plenty of things I think we can legitimately criticize Kavanaugh for, especially his decisions on campaign donation, abortion or executive powers. These should be brought under the microscope, not some incident that occurred 36 years ago without a shred of evidence beyond the accuser.

A.) not sure if you haven't been paying attention, but there are ongoing negotiations as of a few hours ago for her to testify. Looking likely.

B.) Your questions show a deep lack of understanding of reporting of sex crimes generally. And are you really asking how can something be investigated with no reported crime? Simple, by investigating it.

At this point, there will clearly be no investigation prior to a hearing next week...after that who knows what happens.
gonna find out next week. Again, you have little understanding of sex crime reporting in general. Plenty of data on when, why and how much these sorts of crimes are reported.

Do tell Ms. Olivia Benson, tell me how sex crime reporting works. Why didn't she come forward 20 years ago? Why not 10 years ago? Maybe all the talk about the man triggered her? If so, then why didn't she come forward when the President made the pick? What is it about sex crime reporting that led her to come forward 36 years later at the ABSOLUTE MOST POLITICALLY PERFECT time to further her political parties agenda?

Why didn't she go to the police? Why didn't she go to the FBI? Why did she go to a Democratic Senator to politicize her attack. If she didn't want to spotlight then why did she do everything to thrust herself into that position?

Any rational person can take a step back, look at everything and see that this is a little too perfect.

Please explain sex crime reporting to me. Because this whole debacle seems like a political stunt.

Last edited:
They’ll make overtures tomorrow about needing more time to set things up and make sure she’s all taken care of and feels safe etc, book it. Up to Grassley to hold to his deadline and move forward or it’ll be an endless stream of “just one more thing!”

They will say she doesn't feel safe and that she is being threatened by the radical and dangerous right.

And she will be threatened, but most of it will come from Leftists who want to push that narrative.

Please explain sex crime reporting to me. Because this whole debacle seems like a political stunt.
Plenty of Google help on this if you actually care.

The dems are politicizing it and Dr. Ford is probably interested in revenge at some level, which explains the timing of revealing herself. If it's true he did this, her timing is fair play by me.

I have a really hard time believing she just made everything up and it's beyond credulity that the dems put her up to it. An event probably occurred and it's probable the way she interpreted it is nowhere close to what Kavanaugh was intending...but if he admits to a misunderstanding in this climate he is screwed.

Let's face it, if she comes off competent and somewhat convincing and gives graphic details...in the court of public opinion he is toast. You may not like that but that's reality.

How fucking weird is it that killing babies is people’s primary concern. How will I kill it? You might have to drive to another state. Why isn’t it a drive through?

I’m for abortion the same way I’m for needle exchanges. The absence of them is a worse scenario. You are actively taking a step to kill the baby though. It isn’t like you don’t take vitamins or something. You have to actively kill it. So yeah it should be legal but don’t sell it as anything else.

I agree with that line about abortion. Good post.

Back