Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Cry me a river man.

Your boy just called this lady a lying cunt, with no evidence that she is lying, while demanding evidence of her accusations.

If someone shoots you, I would laugh as well.

Like I said brah. If we are going to fling shit at each other, don't half step man. Where I come from half steppers get fucked up.

Punch children, do drugs, rape the elderly. Fuck decorum.

You can thank our president.

<{gspressed}>

You are delusional.

Plenty of evidence was already put out there for public consumption. You just refuse to believe it 'cause it doesn't match your "Kavanaugh is guilty and should die" rhetoric. <13>

Sounds like at least one mind is made up already.

Are you new?

Democrats said from even BEFORE the start of the Confirmation hearings that they would reject Kavanaugh or whomever Trump's pick is.

This is just one of them re-confirming what we already know using a baseless accusation as a talking point.

<{gspressed}>

You are delusional.

Plenty of evidence was already put out there for public consumption. You just refuse to believe it 'cause it doesn't match your "Kavanaugh is guilty and should die" rhetoric. <13>

What is nuts is that I said extreme shit all by myself, and you still feel the need to be hyperbolic about it.

Way to show me how wrong I am, by being dishonest about what I said. You guys aren't very good at this high road game.

First I've repeatedly said that I don't think she's doing it for money, but rather to stop the conservatives taking control of the court.

Then stop bringing up and linking the gofundme stuff. And stop saying she's going to take the money!

Second, her peers have built a culture that presumes men are guilty in these cases. A culture that has praised people like Bill Ayers and Tookie Williams. A culture where it's perfectly normal for an ethics professor to don a mask and hit someone with a bike lock because they have different political beliefs and one that must stifle that different view at all cost.

Please don't act like her peer group is anything like a typical work peer group.

You're saying that her peers, who are scientists, are not the type that wants to see evidence to support their conclusions and instead have a culture of presuming guilt in cases like this? That's bogus.

What is nuts is that I said extreme shit all by myself, and you still feel the need to be hyperbolic about it.

Way to show me how wrong I am, by being dishonest about what I said. You guys aren't very good at this high road game.

"high road game"? What's that?

'Cause there's no such thing in Politics....or Sherdog. <Goldie11>

Anyone who believes an accuser making unsubstantiated allegations is acting foolish at best, nefariously at worst, if the ‘belief’ is politically or socio-politically motivated. I say this regardless of political party. Whether it’s someone accusing judge Kavanaugh, or Chris Hardwick, or you. It’s pathetic to jump onboard a witch hunt.
Almost all of the Church Scandals were unfounded and without proof in the early days of men coming out decades later. The Church did its best to shuffle offenders and witnesses away and bury any evidence and at times the accuser.

While I am typically one of the loudest ones in the meetoo threads saying jumping to guilt is wrong, I also say the evidence must be examined and considered. it is not a witch hunt to follow the evidence and we must be careful not to label it so.

I don’t like this guy(Kavanaugh) at all. I don’t think Trump should have nominated him. But I can’t support what’s being done to him. I’d hate for this shit to happen to future nominations

"high road game"? What's that?

'Cause there's no such thing in Politics....or Sherdog. <Goldie11>

Exactly, this is what I was telling you.

Fuck Kavanaugh with big fat donkey dicks.

You think i care if this asshole is slandered? Lol

@Trotsky, as a lawyer, what do you think of top Dems expressing their wishes that an accused party be presumed guilty until proven innocent?

That this isn't a court of law and that one does not have a constitutional right to be a Supreme Court Justice. I'd push back on the phrasing/optics, but I have no problem making the accusations a sticking point for his nomination until they are resolved.

But its a party which means presumably there was drinking which can impair memory. Is it that hard to believe that people wouldn't remember the events from that party unless they had some specific reason to? For her friends it might've just been another party the memory of which can fade easily. But for Mrs. Ford, if she's telling the truth, the traumatic events of that party will stick with her for a long time.

There are additional problems with Ms. Ford's story, even if you believe that an incident happened. The most obvious problem is her failure to conclusively place Brett Kavanaugh at that party. Everyone she named, including her close friend, has specifically denied being at this party, or a similar party with Brett Kavanaugh. So why should we believe it was Kavanaugh and not someone else? On top of all that, how are we to know it was an "attempted rape" and not just horseplay of some sort? We're seriously supposed to believe that this Catholic preppie school boy, with no history of violence, who was a virgin until his 20's, and widely liked / respected by everyone he knew, decided to up and rape this homely ginger with 2 or 3 witnesses present? C'mon. We would need to believe all of the accuser's claims in order for them to reflect badly on Brett Kavanaugh. But it's hard enough to believe any aspect of the accuser's story, let alone all of it.

I’m not sure I have read anyone post that anything for sure 100% happened or not. You can’t say that about anything basically

Google for the info you keep asking. And stop thinking anyone who disagrees with you on something is saying they know 100% she’s a liar and the devil

I think the biggest revelation from a witness who was allegedly at this gathering(we really need to stop calling it a party), and a close friend of the accused, did not even know who Brett Kavanaugh was, and doesn't recall ever being around him, let alone at some small gathering where her friend left abruptly, after being assaulted.

I don’t like this guy(Kavanaugh) at all. I don’t think Trump should have nominated him. But I can’t support what’s being done to him. I’d hate for this shit to happen to future nominations

If he's rejected, I fully expect Amy Barrett to be rocketed through despite the objections of the Left and she will be confirmed.

Me? I would no longer give a fuck 'cause I'll be in the @sniper camp of "FUCK ALL OF YOU ASSHOLES"

I think the biggest revelation from a witness who was allegedly at this gathering(we really need to stop calling it a party), and a close friend of the accused, did not even know who Brett Kavanaugh was, and doesn't recall ever being around him, let alone at some small gathering where her friend left abruptly, after being assaulted.

That’s the biggest thing for me to. That and that the accusations leave out anything that can be substantiated. Like the place or time

That this isn't a court of law and that one does not have a constitutional right to be a Supreme Court Justice.

So you find nothing wrong at all with top Democrat law makers presuming guilt?

Back