Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
About time she made a fucking choice :

Ford ‘accepts’ request to testify about alleged Kavanaugh assault, lawyers request Thursday hearing

Christine Blasey Ford on Saturday accepted the Senate Judiciary Committee’s request to testify about an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, and asked that the hearing be held on Thursday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...assault-lawyers-request-thursday-hearing.html

Of course, this would result in the OCT. 1ST deadline to pass as a result but whatever.

Whenever the vote happens, I am confident that Democrats will NOT be able to overtake the Senate.

Text of her lawyers’ letter. Note the bolded. She has no intention of testifying.

“Dr. Ford accepts the Committee's request to provide her first-hand knowledge of Brett Kavanaugh's sexual misconduct next week. Although many aspects of the proposal you provided via email, on September 21, 2018, at 2:33 pm, are fundamentally inconsistent with the Committee's promise of a fair, impartial investigation into her allegations, and we are disappointed with the leaks and the bullying that have tainted the process, we are hopeful that we can reach agreement on details. Can we set up a time for later this afternoon to continue our negotiations?

Sincerely,

Debra S. Katz
Lisa Banks”

Text of her lawyers’ letter. Note the bolded. She has no intention of testifying.

“Dr. Ford accepts the Committee's request to provide her first-hand knowledge of Brett Kavanaugh's sexual misconduct next week. Although many aspects of the proposal you provided via email, on September 21, 2018, at 2:33 pm, are fundamentally inconsistent with the Committee's promise of a fair, impartial investigation into her allegations, and we are disappointed with the leaks and the bullying that have tainted the process, we are hopeful that we can reach agreement on details. Can we set up a time for later this afternoon to continue our negotiations?

Sincerely,

Debra S. Katz
Lisa Banks”

Where did you get this?

If this is legit, then the possibility of the vote to happen on Monday is still on?

Sincerely,

Debra S. Katz
Lisa Banks”
nah, she will testify, once they acquiesce to her demands. It just depends how long they want this to go on. Up to them, but it's going to happen when she is satisfied with the terms. And she holds the cards...Grassley is making and breaking his deadlines because he's not in charge...his bluffs have been called.

Where did you get this?

If this is legit, then the possibility of the vote to happen on Monday is still on?
D36Yf50.gif

Where did you get this?

It's in the link of post 3076 above. The vote Monday was just to move out of committee. He would still have to be confirmed by a full vote in the senate, maybe by Thursday or Friday. If she is allowed to delay until Thursday, then Grassley is a fool.

Where did you get this?

It's legit. I'm expecting the GOP to reject it, and I think the media is too. They're not going into much detail, and totally ignoring that terms have not been agreed upon. It's all "She has AGREED!", when in reality, she hasn't agreed. She agreed to testify...as long as terms are met. There is no position change. So now, when it's rejected, they can play it off like the GOP went back on their deal.

I'll say it again, if the Reps fall for this, they're fucking retarded.

Here's some more on the story from the link I provided earlier :

Christine Blasey Ford on Saturday said she accepts the Senate Judiciary Committee’s request to testify about an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, although the terms of any testimony were not clear as of mid-afternoon.

In a letter to the committee, Ford’s lawyers said that she “accepts” the request to provide “her first-hand knowledge of Brett Kavanaugh’s sexual misconduct next week” after Republicans on the committee set a 2:30 p.m. deadline for her to say whether or not she would testify. Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, had said a vote would go ahead if Ford did not respond by the deadline.

However, it was not clear on what terms Ford would agree to testify, something that had been a subject of debate between Ford's team and committee Republicans. In the letter, Ford’s lawyers said “many aspects of the proposal you provided ... are fundamentally inconsistent with the Committee’s promise of a fair, impartial investigation into her allegations” but expressed hope that an agreement would be reached.

Fox News was told that Debra Katz, one of the lawyers representing Ford, requested a hearing on Thursday -- a request the Republicans on the committee had initially rejected, offering Wednesday instead.

Grassley did not immediately respond to the letter, but a senior White House official told Fox News that it represented a request to continue negotiations about the terms on which she testifies without any firm commitment.

“It’s a clever way to push off the vote Monday without committing to appear Wednesday,” the official said.

Ford alleges that Kavanaugh assaulted her during a house party in high school in the 1980s. Kavanaugh has repeatedly denied the allegation. Democrats have called for the vote on his confirmation to the nation’s highest court to be delayed pending a full FBI investigation, something that Republicans have dismissed as unnecessary.

Republicans have accused Democrats of sitting on the allegation during the hearings and looking to delay the vote until after the midterms in November.

<LikeReally5><LikeReally5><LikeReally5>

EARTH TO GRASSLEY!

EARTH TO GRASSLEY!

Don't you think it's time to put an end to this charade?

Have the vote on Monday.

There's more important things going on in our Country than this.

I'll say it again, if the Reps fall for this, they're fucking retarded.
says the random dude on Sherdog. You should call Grassley's office and join the list of the other nobodies screaming "vote!!!!, fuck this bitch liar liberal" that he's also ignoring.

says the random dude on Sherdog. You should call Grassley's office and join the list of the other nobodies screaming "vote!!!!, fuck this bitch liar liberal" that he's also ignoring.
Do you think Kavanaugh is the next Supreme Court justice?

Do you think Kavanaugh is the next Supreme Court justice?
Depends how credible she comes off at the Senate hearing. Not sure it really matters if the assault occurred (which is the really fucked up part about all this), but rather how it all comes off. This is all about optics.

They can always just tell her to forget it, have their vote and take their justice. The problem is that this isn't going to go away if they do that...not to mention it would probably lose them the senate...and that's all if Collins and the others on the edge actually voted for him, which I doubt would happen without her appearing in public.

I think the Republicans would gladly give up power to get this seat, they are on their way to losing congressional power anyway...their problem is actually getting the votes together.

Depends how credible she comes off at the Senate hearing. Not sure it really matters if the assault occurred (which is the really fucked up part about all this), but rather how it all comes off. This is all about optics.

They can always just tell her to forget it, have their vote and take their justice. The problem is that this isn't going to go away if they do that...not to mention it would probably lose them the senate...and that's all if Collins and the others on the edge actually voted for him, which I doubt would happen without her appearing in public.

I think the Republicans would gladly give up power to get this seat, they are on their way to losing congressional power anyway...their problem is actually getting the votes together.
I mean all your asking for here is that they don’t get the seat no matter what and don’t care how fucking ridiculous this shit gets.

I mean all your asking for here is that they don’t get the seat no matter what and don’t care how fucking ridiculous this shit gets.
I'm not fully convinced I care what the outcome of all this is. Entertaining though. I'll let you know.

I'm not fully convinced I care what the outcome of all this is. Entertaining though. I'll let you know.

Oh please. You’re posting with the urgency of a kid trying to finish masturbating in his grandmother’s spare bedroom during a family visit.

Interesting that we've yet to get any confirmation from Grassley.

Just the accuser's attorney and then the MSM saying she "agreed"...

Think about it. All we have is the word of Katz.

"Dr. Ford accepts the Committee's request to provide her first-hand knowledge of Brett Kavanaugh's sexual misconduct next week. Although many aspects of the proposal you provided via email, on September 21, 2018, at 2:33 pm, are fundamentally inconsistent with the Committee's promise of a fair, impartial investigation into her allegations, and we are disappointed with the leaks and the bullying that have tainted the process, we are hopeful that we can reach agreement on details. Can we set up a time for later this afternoon to continue our negotiations?

Sincerely,

Debra S. Katz

Lisa Banks"

Back