The Sandlot (1993)

What kind of kid were you? This is a "90s kid on Friday night" starter pack kind of movie.

- The Sandlot
- Mighty Ducks (all of them) gave me a small appreciation for hockey (GO KNIGHTS!) and a huge appreciation for Queen
- Heavyweights
- Blank Check

GfxU.gif

I've never met a person that didn't like that Sandlot.

My girlfriend had actually never even seen it, which I thought was crazy as hell. We watched it together last year and she enjoyed it but you simply can't connect to it in the same way as an adult. It's that nostalgia factor that makes it so great.

Don't ever watch Sandlot 2. There is some really odd and awkward sexual tension between 12 year olds in that movie.

Best part of the movie...
Rape_4d1fa6_2271872.gif

Followed closely by...

giphy.gif

One of the goat kids films from the 90’s, for sure.

classic feel good family movie. I have loved this movie since the first time I saw it as a kid.

We all loved the adventures we had as kids and this movie will hit ya in that spot

anyone who does not like this movies is a communist

Sandlot was the goat of kids baseball movies. My last name sounds like smalls and I played baseball so my friends always said that to me and still to this day some of my old baseball buddies still call me Smalls.

Mighty Duck movies were great back in the day, probably because I played hockey, but a bit later I saw one of them and it was terrible. Knuckle puck!

As a 90's kid I loved The Sandlot and Heavyweights is a must watch as well.

I never saw heavyweights. But the Sandlot, while a bit corny, was one I enjoyed. My childhood was a lot like the kids’ in the movie. My whole block played baseball on the street like every day. It was fantastic. This being in the late 80s, early 90s.

The '90s was a hell of a decade for kids sports movies. . .

As I was watching the movie last night I got a "they don't make 'em like they used to" vibe. A lot of the movies in the early 90s were made in such a way that a great sense of heart just seemed to emanate off the screen and I feel like today's films often feel kind of cold and detached in comparison.

Mighty Duck movies were great back in the day, probably because I played hockey, but a bit later I saw one of them and it was terrible. Knuckle puck!

I just watched The Mighty Ducks and D2 a few years ago. I enjoyed both.

They feel more "of their time" than The Sandlot since The Sandlot is a period piece, but I actually liked that. I enjoyed both quite a bit.

Emilio is great in those movies.

Sandlot was a great and fun movie. Soundtrack was awesome and plenty of memorable scenes including swimming pool, carnival and playing baseball against other kids.

Dennis Leary was in it too. lol.

The acting from the kids is spotty but that is the only complaint one can have about it. Otherwise, it's a god damn classic. As a kid who loved baseball, this was and will always be one of my favorite movies. My father was talking about it the other day and about how much he enjoys that movie.

How the hell does it have a 56%? That movie is a classic.
The "you play ball like a girl" line and Squints stealing a kiss from the hot broad probably made those sensitive pussies' heads spin

I'll have to give that a look.

I've heard that Holes from the early 00s has a similar vibe but I haven't checked it out yet.

Sandlot and Heavyweights are goat. But I would check out Little Giants before Holes, if u haven’t seen it. It’s next on that list.

two things, benny the Jet's real life older brother played him as a Dodger in the movie

also, that dude was awesome in this and as Luis Mendoza or whatever the fast skater that couldn't stop in D2 Mighty Ducks then i think he gave it up or something

Back