The sad thing is... Lyoto failed hard at trying to become a MW fighter :(

Stop drinking the dragons urine.

DHEA is banned for a reason, buddy. It's a precursor Hormone in many ways, it gets converted into Testosterone, y'know that right ?

It's not quite the same/as bad as directly taking Testosterone or TRT (as it used to be marketed), but it's cheating.

DHEA does stuff buddy, believe me. Look up congential adrenal hyperplasia, a condition where your levels of DHEA & Androstenedione are oft excessive. I should know, I have it.

DHEA itself doesn't give many major athletic advantages, but by increasing it you'll increase your Testosterone and DHT, which do.

1154px-Steroidogenesis.svg.png

Also for being some pure noble martial artist, he's taking some fucking dodgy 'supplements'. What sort of fucking supplements are using DHEA or DHEA-s as ingredients. Low-key minor steroids masquerading as 'supplements' that's what.

DHEA supplements are sold at fucking wal mart over the counter....and it has never been proven to increase anything....just lots of claims that it does by the people that produce it. Do you not find it odd that he was caught with DHEA but no elevated test or anything levels?

Clue in...doesnt take much to figure it out....busted for DHEA but test levels etc all normal...right.

SPeed and size aside...his biggest issue is him trying to become more crowd pleasing...that has killed his career imo....that the shit fans and DW used to throw at Lyoto was such fucking BS...and he took it to heart and change is style from the methodical counter striker to the aggressive crowd pleasing striker...and look where that change has gotten him. He never should have changed his style to please others...I enjoyed watching the technique he used as martial arts is about not getting hit and winning...not about putting yourself into danger to please crowds.

Never thought about that you could have a point.. the age thing is still a huge factor. Young machida would have kod brunson.

DHEA supplements are sold at fucking wal mart over the counter....and it has never been proven to increase anything....just lots of claims that it does by the people that produce it. Do you not find it odd that he was caught with DHEA but no elevated test or anything levels?

Clue in...doesnt take much to figure it out....busted for DHEA but test levels etc all normal...right.

Who said his Testosterone levels were normal ?

Do you know what his levels were ? Go ahead and tell us, linking a source.

Have you ever heard of a UFC fighter failing a test because their testosterone was too high ? If so, list them and link to where that was labeled as the reason they failed.

I do recall Helwani telling Weidman about Vitors testosterone levels being extremely high (supposedly) in a test. Did Vitor 'fail' ? Was it flagged ? No. He was allowed to fight.

They are EXTREMELY lax when it comes to testosterone levels and ratios, they're very forgiving. They don't fail people for having high levels.

So sorry buddy, but you're talking a load of nonsense here. Making a straw man argument, you don't know that his Testosterone levels were normal.

As for DHEA being sold over the counter at walmart. Okay...

You say DHEA isn't proven to increase Testosterone but that's nonsense buddy. It's sulfate, DHEA-s, which is produced by the adrenal glands, is the most abundant sex steroid in your body. It plays a MAJOR role in production of sex hormones.

You realize Women with congenital adrenal hyperplasia are born with ambiguous genitals due to hypervirilization in the womb (it's one of the few legitimate causes of 'inter sex' conditions) ? You see...congenital adrenal hyperplasia does not increase Testosterone or DHT, they're not produced by the adrenal glands. But DHEA-s is exclusively made by the adrenal glands. It's a chain reaction, your DHEA-s is increased then it converts to other hormones, which convert to others and this is how you get extreme virilization, because in the end your Testosterone and other androgens become elevated.

I'm gonna' link you some studies which show that taking DHEA supplementation has benefits. One of the studies found that taking DHEA increased DHEA-s (obviously) and free Testosterone levels, it also came to the conclusion that DHEA-s helped PREVENT the decline in Testosterone levels following HIIT( High intensity interval training). So you can see the benefits this stuff has for an athlete. Not to mention another study found it increased IGF-1 levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9876338

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23417481

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9024954

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15989411

I mean dude...it's banned by fucking USADA for a reason. You're talking like it's some snake oil which does literally nothing.

Last edited:
i remember when machida fans would always say he was too “noble” to cute weight or use PEDs lol

i remember when machida fans would always say he was too “noble” to cute weight or use PEDs lol

Machida fans are some of the worst around.

The guy took DHEA, now you have these clowns talking like it's banned by USADA for no reason and it's a placebo hormone that does nothing. LMAO.

He's a boring fighter, often fighting on the back foot. But he's...THE DRAGON!!! So it's 'elusive', 'elite' and 'high level fighting'. Yet everyone gives shit to guys like Woodley for being 'boring'.

Finally...the dude drinks his own fucking urine. He gets a pass once more because he's some 'noble true martial artist', he's like bruce lee or something, some elite kung fu lord who is honorable and meditates all day at least that's how his fans envision him. If anyone else did it they'd be mocked relentlessly. Imagine if Rousey, McGregor or Jones drank their own urine.

This dude gets a pass on so many levels it's sickening.

Hes 3 - 4 in the division... being finished brutaly in his last 3.

Got great wins vs. Munoz and Mousasi, but since losing to Weidman, he only beat the not so hot CB Dollaway.

I think Lyotos performance was much better as a LHW.

He should reconsider coming back to LHW division i think... even his father agrees.

He's 39. He should retire.

Dude has game but has BAD and incompatible people around him. He has a MT guy who scrubbed him of his karate mentality and gave him a sport style mentality. DOn't bother responding to that as stupid unledd you actually know what I am saying.

He is very one dimensional and all his opponents have been doing is what shogun figured out. Take your head off line during his counter blitz and he is open. However, he is allowed to be pressured because he has ZERO offensive wrestling. If he kept opponents honest with a shot every once in a while, he could neutralize them and change theit position to drop their hands and open their heads.

So easily fixable to help the dude. Head up after a failed attack and he was just looking at Brunson. Pretty frustrating.

I hate it when guys start losing they move to a lower weight class.
The guys in lower classes are faster and more athletic, horrendous idea when your losing speed.

Going to mw has been disastrous for lyoto and rashad

Shogun obliterated his chin, he's shot, time to retire.

There is no proof at all to that statement so yes you are spewing garbage, there are tons of clinical tests that have been done on DHEA and not a single one has proven that it has anything to do with performance increase specifically test increase.

So unless you have some valid source to your claim other than USADA having it banned...stop posting garbage,
The clinical studies have proved EXACTLY what I stated. Will not find you a source(as on EVERY single site has stated just a Google Search away) saying this bask in you're ignorance. What a tool.

Age is a bitch. Most fighters should be retired by 35. Some 30 even like aldo penn and pettis.

HW can last longer because power is last thing to go. Unless you're a small HW who relies on speed (fedor tyson) then 30 as well.

He has tried his luck at MW and it hasn't looked that good for him. I see two scenarios: move to a USA camp or move back up to LHW. If he loses next fight by KO, retire.

Umm...he's been living in Los Angeles for years now.

With Jones done at LHW for a while, Lyoto might find some success there again. He will have some very serious issues with a few guys, but I think he fights better when he's at his walking around weight, or closer to it for those that want to argue about a few lbs. here and there.

The book is out on Lyoto though, he can be handled now by wrestlers that know how to avoid a standoff with him and can strike hard enough to keep him back peddling.

Lyoto's style is basically done. He can make some changes if he chooses to change up some things on how he stands and engages, but if he doesn't do that, he is in the twilight of his career heading towards a gatekeeper role before retiring.

39 yrs of age is not friendly to a fighter who's style is counter striking based on quickness. This was inevitable. He was amazing in his prime.

The clinical studies have proved EXACTLY what I stated. Will not find you a source(as on EVERY single site has stated just a Google Search away) saying this bask in you're ignorance. What a tool.
A tool is someone who spews lies like yourself...if you think for one second that Keto 7 which had DHEA creates any advantage what so ever then you are a hopeless moron...you say the clinical tests proves exactly what you stated...well no they dont you stated that they increase test etc...the actual studies not the labels on the products say otherwise that there has been no noticeable or significant increase in anything Keto 7 (DHEA) says it will do.

In other words go fuck yourself hater.

DHEA is banned for a reason, buddy. It's a precursor Hormone in many ways, it gets converted into Testosterone, y'know that right ?

It's not quite the same/as bad as directly taking Testosterone or TRT (as it used to be marketed), but it's cheating.

DHEA does stuff buddy, believe me. Look up congential adrenal hyperplasia, a condition where your levels of DHEA & Androstenedione are oft excessive. I should know, I have it.

DHEA itself doesn't give many major athletic advantages, but by increasing it you'll increase your Testosterone and DHT, which do.

1154px-Steroidogenesis.svg.png

Also for being some pure noble martial artist, he's taking some fucking dodgy 'supplements'. What sort of fucking supplements are using DHEA or DHEA-s as ingredients. Low-key minor steroids masquerading as 'supplements' that's what.

Nice explanation about DHEA. But maybe get your facts straight next time.

Explanation of DHEA was good but maybe you could to the same and explain with similar detail the actual substance that he was taking which is a different was 7-keto-dhea which is a different beast not having demonstrable anabolic effects and probably at most a minor weight cut helper.

A tool is someone who spews lies like yourself...if you think for one second that Keto 7 which had DHEA creates any advantage what so ever then you are a hopeless moron...you say the clinical tests proves exactly what you stated...well no they dont you stated that they increase test etc...the actual studies not the labels on the products say otherwise that there has been no noticeable or significant increase in anything Keto 7 (DHEA) says it will do.

In other words go fuck yourself hater.
How can I spout lies when you can google this?? On multiple sites. You're literally refuting scientific studies yes that's being a tool.

Who said his Testosterone levels were normal ?

Do you know what his levels were ? Go ahead and tell us, linking a source.

Have you ever heard of a UFC fighter failing a test because their testosterone was too high ? If so, list them and link to where that was labeled as the reason they failed.

I do recall Helwani telling Weidman about Vitors testosterone levels being extremely high (supposedly) in a test. Did Vitor 'fail' ? Was it flagged ? No. He was allowed to fight.

They are EXTREMELY lax when it comes to testosterone levels and ratios, they're very forgiving. They don't fail people for having high levels.

So sorry buddy, but you're talking a load of nonsense here. Making a straw man argument, you don't know that his Testosterone levels were normal.

As for DHEA being sold over the counter at walmart. Okay...

You say DHEA isn't proven to increase Testosterone but that's nonsense buddy. It's sulfate, DHEA-s, which is produced by the adrenal glands, is the most abundant sex steroid in your body. It plays a MAJOR role in production of sex hormones.

You realize Women with congenital adrenal hyperplasia are born with ambiguous genitals due to hypervirilization in the womb (it's one of the few legitimate causes of 'inter sex' conditions) ? You see...congenital adrenal hyperplasia does not increase Testosterone or DHT, they're not produced by the adrenal glands. But DHEA-s is exclusively made by the adrenal glands. It's a chain reaction, your DHEA-s is increased then it converts to other hormones, which convert to others and this is how you get extreme virilization, because in the end your Testosterone and other androgens become elevated.

I'm gonna' link you some studies which show that taking DHEA supplementation has benefits. One of the studies found that taking DHEA increased DHEA-s (obviously) and free Testosterone levels, it also came to the conclusion that DHEA-s helped PREVENT the decline in Testosterone levels following HIIT( High intensity interval training). So you can see the benefits this stuff has for an athlete. Not to mention another study found it increased IGF-1 levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9876338

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23417481

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9024954

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15989411

I mean dude...it's banned by fucking USADA for a reason. You're talking like it's some snake oil which does literally nothing.

This entire post solifies the fact that you are a complete moron.

First off...they always mention when someone T levels are fucking high or low e.g. Jones, DC, VItor, WEidman etc etc ya fuck.

Secondly when Lyoto failed for DHEA...they never mentioned anything...at all about the other results...meaning they were fine...and BTW ya fuck :) they do test and ban people for high T there is an allowable limit dumbass.

Finally did you even have the mental capacity to understand the difference between Keto 7 and how much DHEA was present vs how much they were administering daily in those test not even to mention that I can link 20+ articles claiming the complete opposite results? Not only do the test that you linked use the actual hormone being administered....but it also doesnt state the DHEA supplement in Keto 7 is made from fucking Soy..

Its fucking tiresome dealing with retards like yourself....I mean whats next you going to put up arguments that Tribulus another banned substance actually makes a performance difference? or what about weed? I mena come on...from someone who has taken, DHEA supplements and shit like Trib...I know it does nothing for a fact...so when I read these moronic posts its drives me nuts.....

Fun Fact:

7-Keto DHEA is a metabolite of DHEA that is nonhormonal, and it appears to be a fat loss agent as it may increase the metabolic rate. Studies in humans show promise for helping during a fat loss diet, but currently are of questionable quality due to potential conflicts of interest.

Last edited:
How can I spout lies when you can google this?? On multiple sites. You're literally refuting scientific studies yes that's being a tool.
You realize that the DHEA supplement in Keto 7 is made from fucking Soy right? and not the actual hormone that is administered in those tests?

DImwit.

Back