The rule No knee when hand are down needs to change !! :(

no ground to complain this time the guy was on his knees. I agree putting the hand down should go away but come on the guy was doing the Tim Tebow

Blanco hit him with a clearly illegal knee. WTF are you going on about?

Yes, I know it was an illegal knee under the rules. I do not believe it was intentional though. I'm sure at that moment maxi's evaluation wasn't that he was about to throw an illegal knee strike, but rather he wanted to finish. He was over aggressive and I can understand he doesn't get the win or continuance, but a dq is harsh imo and undeserved here. It's actually total bs :icon_cry2

I think I agree with what the OP is getting at.

The downed fighter has a false sense of being safe thinking he is downed and ends up eating a hard hitting knee.

If the knee was legal, the downed fighter would be expecting a potential knee or kick for that matter and be more prepared to block it or at the very least turn his head.

The responsibility falls on the guy about to throw the knee or kick. It is not easy to see a guy with his hand and or knee on the mat when you have your head above his body. There is some guess work that many fighters are playing with. They sometime try to time the guy while standing and fail to get the timing correct.

The rule is pretty clear though. The circumstances for which it can be interpreted incorrectly are not.

Yes, I know it was an illegal knee under the rules. I do not believe it was intentional though. I'm sure at that moment maxi's evaluation wasn't that he was about to throw an illegal knee strike, but rather he wanted to finish. He was over aggressive and I can understand he doesn't get the win or continuance, but a dq is harsh imo and undeserved here. It's actually total bs :icon_cry2

So blame the AC not Mario. He is just enforcing the rules Blanco loves to ignore. The fact that you were bitching about him just even stopping the action is laughable considering the damage it did.

I agree with the finger part. A lot of time a fighter will put his fingers on the mat just so they wont get kneed on the face. I agree that a knee on the mat should count as a downed opponent and not just touch with the fingers.

With that said, he still had the knee on the mat.

all knees to grounded opponents should be legal, problem solved.

[YT]bZUDrVD6Y6M[/YT]

Start at 10 min

Imagine 15 more minutes of the same

Skip to 27:00

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back