The rule No knee when hand are down needs to change !! :(

IceKid

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
The rule it self is just much more dangerous than if it was just legal .... it makes guys play with the rules wich is very dangerous because there is alot of adrenaline going on and you being a fighter you cant always be checking out if the guy has one hand on the ground or not .....

if you trust that the other guy is gonna be calm and always being on alert if your hands are down .... you are eventually going to be against the wrong opponent who is gonna knee you in your friggin eyes causing them to pop!! ...cus you where too busy playing the "hand to the mat game" instead of protecting your face .....

that position is very weak fight and alpha wise .... both when up against the cage and also when on the mat playing pure hands down game ...... i just think it has no place in a contest called THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER

if you guys have any gifs of the hand playing game ... please share ... i think its ridiculous

Last edited:
I agree, the fight should need to have a knee down rather than a few fingers.

Yes.
Evidence:

knockouts_Kevin_Randleman_Skyscraper_Knees_Kenichi_Yamamoto_Pride_23_C.gif

His knee was down too.

yeah i realize that ... i forgot to mention that ... but you know that position is very weak fight and alpha wise .... both when up against the cage and also when on the mat playing pure hands down game ...... i just think it has no place in a contest called THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER

It's one of many rules that should be changed.

They also really shouldn't let you stretch your fingers out of the glove while standing, since it creates a risk for eyepokes.

Boxers sometimes hold their gloved fist out to paw, and that doesn't bring with it a risk of eyepokes, so closed fist pawing should still be allowed, but not stretching the fingers out.

First off I have to say I'm extremely biased and admittedly upset as I just lost a decent play on maxi.

But tonight was another example of why there needs to be some reform with the kneeing. Personally I think they should be legal in mma.

Tonight's controversial knee was not intentional - maxi was owning and going for the finish in the heat of the moment. It should have been a vintage finish for blanco and mario raped him of it not just with the interruption of fighting, but also the disgraceful DQ. Mario did his job I guess under the current rules, but the DQ was harsh, as was the DQ on E. Silva.

If they won't make knees to the head on a downed opponent legal, the commission and zuffa should reform the way people are DQ'd for knees.

I'd understand a NC for this fight, but to rule it a DQ was just plain FUCKKKKED up.

yeah i realize that ... i forgot to mention that ... but you know that position is very weak fight and alpha wise .... both when up against the cage and also when on the mat playing pure hands down game ...... i just think it has no place in a contest called THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER

I don't mind the rule so much against the cage because usually they end up in that position because of the cage. I wouldn't mind knees to downed opponents not touching the cage though. Of course then we would see people reach out for the cage just to not get kneed lol

They just need to allow knees on the ground, fixes this rule and gives some new variety to the ground game.

Needs to change, but as long as it's there fighters need to pay attention, simple as that.

I'd also add in this case Akira was down too.

First off I have to say I'm extremely biased and admittedly upset as I just lost a decent play on maxi.

But tonight was another example of why there needs to be some reform with the kneeing. Personally I think they should be legal in mma.

Tonight's controversial knee was not intentional - maxi was owning and going for the finish in the heat of the moment. It should have been a vintage finish for blanco and mario raped him of it not just with the interruption of fighting, but also the disgraceful DQ. Mario did his job I guess under the current rules, but the DQ was harsh, as was the DQ on E. Silva.

If they won't make knees to the head on a downed opponent legal, the commission and zuffa should reform the way people are DQ'd for knees.

I'd understand a NC for this fight, but to rule it a DQ was just plain FUCKKKKED up.

Blanco hit him with a clearly illegal knee. WTF are you going on about?

But if Maximo goes to Bellator and WSOf he could hold a record for DQ's and attempted DQ's in nearly every major org.

Back