The Ronda Rousey that fought in Strikeforce would be champ today

Ronda would still be champ if she went to a good camp like ATT or AKA imo

Ronda rules ass then and now
She's more popular and richer
Then ever
War Ronda you are the best

ronda's downfall is she fell in love with her hands and edmond telling her so didn't help

is she 100% focused on getting trips,takedowns,avoiding striking exchanges i think she could of beaten nunes

She could still compete. She just wasn’t mentally tough enough. If you fight the best eventually you will lose. These long 10 year streaks of the past were mainly due to poor competition and were manufactured. She couldn’t handle a loss, and on top of that had a poor team imo. Poor weight cuts, looked bloated, and bad fight plans. All she needed was defensive striking...forgot trying for knock outs...defensive striking until you get to your home on the ground, where no one was even close.

Agree with everything but the poor competition. She fought the best of her time. People point to how badly she lost to Holm and Nunes as evidence that the competition is better now, but I don’t put too much credence in that. No way to tell if it was that or her camps awful gameplans and training camps that seem to be more about pumping her up then pushing her limits. She went into those fights like Cody went into the TJ fights. Like they couldn’t be hurt by their opponents and swinging for the fences.

Ronda and a 25 minute fight seems like that's mixing oil and water. Don't see it happening. Longer the fight goes the worse for her.

Ronda did not like getting hit in the face, can't take a punch (or kick!), and is a sloppy brawler when she strikes. She also can't handle losing and her team is not good. Once the boogeyman aura is gone, the Hyenas came out to pounce.

However, I won't pretend that she lost to low ranked fighters and she would still be a very good fighter today in the division and would beat most of the fighters at WBW. She would still make minced meat out of anybody not named Nunes, Holm, Pennington, or GDR. (I think the latter two would most likely outstrike her to a late TKO.

The difference between Strikeforce Ronda and washed up Ronda is one solid punch to teh face.

0-35572

Be a better poster. Don't just dismiss opinions you disagree with as trolling. Present a logically sound argument to the contrary, or YOU'RE the troll not me.

This. Uriah Faber just about subbed her. Amanda would still kill her, at any stage of Honda's MMA career as well.

Oh my sweet summer child

Your argument is based on multiple naive assumptions
You don't know when her prime started, and you don't know when her prime ended
Ronda was a world class Judo player in high level national competition since her prepubescent days
Her prime was destined to be short, we have no idea the amount of wear and tear on his body. My argument, which you have failed to refute, is that her prime (defined as the intersection between physical ability and in-fight experience) was in Strikeforce because her physical ability waned more than the average fighters upon entering the UFC. And this could be due to a number of factors, including USADA, stress, fight schedule, media schedule etc. To me, it seems at least, she was at her best under the dimmer lights of Strikeforce. And if one could place that version of the fighter into bouts against Holm, Nunes, or any other top flight 135er today (of which there are not many) she would be competitive NAY the favorite in any of those fights

Its an equal trade off though..im not naive i get your trying to say she may been physically better in strike force due to possible wear in tear but her experience level and coaches were much lower then as well...not to mention the sub par competition then..

My point is her loses werent because of her physical ability her loses were because of how her brain works and lack of real people around her instead of the yes man edmond

You honestly think ronda at the start of her MMA career would be better then in her prime at the ufc??? Come on man..

She lost because she got cocky and thought she could stand with strikers agaisnt holm when her best skills were grappling and judo and she was mentally broken when she fought nunes..thats all nothing to do with her shape..she looked in phemonal shape for the nunes fight..got starched in 30 seconds..she should of never been allowed to fight that night her coaches failed her..thats why she lost stop trying to make excuse for a narcissistic women who couldnt handle the one fundamental thing about sports ..how to take a loss
No. She lost because she got figured out by a competent striker with some lateral movement and then she lost all her confidence after that.

In every fight prior Ronda relies on toughness to walk straight forward and grab her opponent and gain clinch and the TD and she almost ALWAYS eats punches to gain clinch. Ronda relied on her toughness and confidence to get her there but the other kye component was how incredibly bad and unprepared her opponents were to move laterally and counter her. They simply did not have the skills.

ArcticFixedIberianlynx.gif

giphy.gif

Holly was the first opponent with good lateral movement and counter punching skills. Arguably those are her best skills and she thrives when someone chases her so she can side step and counter.

Its not like Ronda did not want clinch and to get this to the ground. She just could not get it.

giphy.gif

And then with accumulation and Ronda's fragile confidence waining for the first time we know what happened next.

giphy.gif

Think about it

The Rousey we saw late in her UFC run was a shell of the Ronda we saw in her early run in Strikeforce
The contrasts are many, but the major ones are
Shape

29OdQB4

and Aura
RONDA-CAGE-640.jpg

in the UFC she was out of shape, and she quickly lost her Aura when Uriah Faber almost RNC'd her in the first round. People forgot about it, but it made her human
And from there the cracks began to show
Without either of these things she was a sitting duck for fighters like Nunes and Holms

but lets think about this
Holm is an overrated point fighter whose crowning achievement is upsetting Unmotivated Ronda, and since then has been a disappointment

and Nunes, who would be her toughest test for sure, is a fighter with poor cardio
And in shape Ronda ready to go for 25 minutes I believe

discuss

and please be respectful

Respectfully, both versions can’t box for sh*t.

0-35572

Be a better poster. Don't just dismiss opinions you disagree with as trolling. Present a logically sound argument to the contrary, or YOU'RE the troll not me.
That's a neck crank. It wasn't under the chin. If you tap to that, frankly you're a pussy. Ronda wasn't a pussy, at least not in that way.

Did R. Honda bite Faber to get out of the submission? Thought there was talk of that along with a photo of a bite mark, but Faber kept her mouth shut so she wouldn't be punished for besmirching Honda's win.

Also, Ronda would never have gone to a legit camp because her retard-like mental/emotional development can't handle legit criticism.

Think about it

The Rousey we saw late in her UFC run was a shell of the Ronda we saw in her early run in Strikeforce
The contrasts are many, but the major ones are
Shape

29OdQB4

and Aura
RONDA-CAGE-640.jpg

in the UFC she was out of shape, and she quickly lost her Aura when Uriah Faber almost RNC'd her in the first round. People forgot about it, but it made her human
And from there the cracks began to show
Without either of these things she was a sitting duck for fighters like Nunes and Holms

but lets think about this
Holm is an overrated point fighter whose crowning achievement is upsetting Unmotivated Ronda, and since then has been a disappointment

and Nunes, who would be her toughest test for sure, is a fighter with poor cardio
And in shape Ronda ready to go for 25 minutes I believe

discuss

and please be respectful[

I see you’re a fan of Nietzche. Here’s an aphorism you can relay to Ronda. “Avoid having position and ego too closely related. As one falls, so surely will the other”

She put her entire value into her persona. She was so fractured to no longer be Ronda, she considered suicide.

That said, I agree

No. She lost because she got figured out by a competent striker with some lateral movement and then she lost all her confidence after that.

In every fight prior Ronda relies on toughness to walk straight forward and grab her opponent and gain clinch and the TD and she almost ALWAYS eats punches to gain clinch. Ronda relied on her toughness and confidence to get her there but the other kye component was how incredibly bad and unprepared her opponents were to move laterally and counter her. They simply did not have the skills.

ArcticFixedIberianlynx.gif

giphy.gif

Holly was the first opponent with good lateral movement and counter punching skills. Arguably those are her best skills and she thrives when someone chases her so she can side step and counter.

Its not like Ronda did not want clinch and to get this to the ground. She just could not get it.

giphy.gif

And then with accumulation and Ronda's fragile confidence waining for the first time we know what happened next.

giphy.gif

Nope she thought she could out strike holm..she said it all camp he coaches too...her coaches even told her she was doing good after the first round lmao...

Your mistaken if you think that ronda wasnt ego driven to try and outstrike holm haha.. Even the gifs you showed is ronda trying strikes not grappling...

And the point i agree wit. Is that she was broken when she faced nunes she should of not taken that fight till she was over her loss..her coaches failed her

Its the same story with a lot of fighters. She didn't evolve much with her techniques and other camps figured how to beat her.

ronda's downfall is she fell in love with her hands and edmond telling her so didn't help

is she 100% focused on getting trips,takedowns,avoiding striking exchanges i think she could of beaten nunes

"Head movement, head movement, clinch, clinch!"

Ronda was at her best in UFC. Her problem is her head she went from being a great grappler (wmma) and great oui n clinch to thinking she was this great striker............. Instead of making get to reality and tell her yes your striking is getting better but u strike when u have to get to ground.. .. Edmond encouraged striking to become her main offense which is what was her down fall. I still think if she had a legit camp like Jackson,aka, att she would likely be retired still right now but 1 loss an that would be Cyborg.

Strikeforce Ronda was ahead of the game, like a female Jon Jones. It’s a shame that her legacy isn’t regarded as well as it should be

Back