The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame can go eat a d---

tru3f4n

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Tupac Shakur fucking really? Pearl Jam and Nirvana both in before Alice i Chains and Soundgargen pure BS!!!! Atleast Yes is getting in to bad Chris Squire passed away in '15 and didn't get to see it.

Tupac Shakur fucking really? Pearl Jam and Nirvana both in before Alice i Chains and Soundgargen pure BS!!!! Atleast Yes is getting in to bad Chris Squire passed away in '15 and didn't get to see it.

I'm a huge AIC fan, they do not deserve to get in before PJ or Nirvana. They probably will never get in tbh

I'm a huge AIC fan, they do not deserve to get in before PJ or Nirvana. They probably will never get in tbh
and why is that? What Nirvana do besides Nevermind or Ten from Pearl Jam it's real awesome that bands get in due to record sells alone.

and why is that? What Nirvana do besides Nevermind or Ten from Pearl Jam it's real awesome that bands get in due to record sells alone.

I think nirvana over AIC simply cause they were the first big "grunge" band and paved the way for others. Pearl jam simply because they are more popular.

I would love to see AIC get the love they deserve, I just don't think they will.

As for sound garden, they suck and are overrated imo. Badmotorfinger had some good songs and super unknown was ok but what do they have after that? Down on the upside was brutal.

The rock n roll HOF still has catching up to do with bands like The Moody Blues, Three Dog Night, Pixies, New Order, The Zombies before we go going on about grunge snubs.

Innovation and influence is supposed to be a huge barometer. There is no Nirvana or Radiohead without The Pixies.

Can(the band) oughta start getting consideration as well...since you're hearing their influence even in newer music. Hell, a lot of people don't believe Vitamin C was made in the early 70s And performed by an actual band instead of button pushers.

Last edited:
The Rock n Roll HOF is a joke tbh...

I went to the original concert, which was cool...And have been to the HOF 2x...But it is supposed to be Rock n Roll HOF, not Music HOF...There are so many bands that should have been inducted years ago, and many still are not...

Nirvana just got the push man, they weren't the best or the first. Hell, even Cobain knew it which is why during Unplugged he opted to play over half the set with other band's songs.

People like the Meat Puppets and The Pixies were the trend setters, while bands like Mother Love Bone just did it better, in my opinion.

I'll never really understand how people can appreciate Nirvana more than Alice in Chains; it really dumbfounds me. Layne had more range and his lyrics were great. Though Cantrell is responsible for the bulk of the music and most of the early lyrics, their self titled CD was pretty much entirely written by Layne - 'Sludge Factory' is probably my favorite song from them.

I'm not a huge Nirvana fan, but their Unplugged show was really amazing. I honestly think it was only topped by Alice in Chains; the big difference is Kurt played a lot of other bands songs which made it awesome, Layne didn't have to.

I think nirvana over AIC simply cause they were the first big "grunge" band and paved the way for others. Pearl jam simply because they are more popular.

I would love to see AIC get the love they deserve, I just don't think they will.

As for sound garden, they suck and are overrated imo. Badmotorfinger had some good songs and super unknown was ok but what do they have after that? Down on the upside was brutal.
Paved the way for others pffft Soundgarden had three albums out before Nevermind took off. AIC was out touring with big named band while Nirvana was stuck doing club tours. Facelift was the first "grunge" album to go platinum and first one to make it into the top 50 on the billboard top 200. Nobody expected Nevermind to do shit not the band and not the record label and if it wasn't for school kids it wouldn't have.

You cannot comprehend how little fucks I give about the rock and roll hall of fame.

Why do you even care?

You cannot comprehend how little fucks I give about the rock and roll hall of fame.

Why do you even care?
I have no ideal to be honest maybe so bands could get a bit more recognition they deserve like when Cream, The Allman Brothers Band, The Band, or when Blues guys get in like Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf , and Muddy Waters.

Paved the way for others pffft Soundgarden had three albums out before Nevermind took off. AIC was out touring with big named band while Nirvana was stuck doing club tours. Facelift was the first "grunge" album to go platinum and first one to make it into the top 50 on the billboard top 200. Nobody expected Nevermind to do shit not the band and not the record label and if it wasn't for school kids it wouldn't have.

Lol I agree with you. I was never a nirvana fan. While everyone in my school was listening to nirvana I was rocking AIC. Sound garden is shit imo

The Rock n Roll HOF is a joke tbh...

I went to the original concert, which was cool...And have been to the HOF 2x...But it is supposed to be Rock n Roll HOF, not Music HOF...There are so many bands that should have been inducted years ago, and many still are not...
I understand Blues guys getting in due to the fact most of the big rock band from the 60's and 70's were doing Rock due to guys like Howlin' Wolf, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Elmore James, and T-Bone Walker. Even with guys like Hank William and Johnny Cash they influenced people in Rock too show me a Rock band that was influenced by Tupac, NWA, or Madonna.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame hates post punk and new wave music. Not one of the groups to choose from The Smiths, The Cure, Kraftwerk, New Order/Joy Division, Depeche Mode, etc have gotten in yet we see almost every rap group getting in or 70s revival group in the form of grunge getting in.

At this rate Blind Melon will get in before The Smiths.

Pearl Jam and Nirvana may be more popular than AIC, but AIC is on a whole different level musically. AIC is the better band.

How in the fuck do Bon Jovi get in before the Cure or Joy Division? SMH.

How in the fuck do Bon Jovi get in before the Cure or Joy Division? SMH.
Probably because of album sales and fan votes. That and they hate British 80s alternative bands. If Joy Division gets in, it will probably be inducted as New Order & Joy Division sort of like Small Faces/Faces and Parliament/Funkadelic

Pearl Jam was the first big Grunge band not Nirvana. By late 1991 Pearl Jam was selling out or nearly selling out arena's while Nirvana was still playing in much smaller venues and clubs. The only reason everyone talks about Nirvana being the face of Grunge is because of Kurt Cobain's sucide. If Kurt hadn't of died and was still alive today I don't think Nirvana would be as big as they are. Almost all of Nirvana's massive popularity came after Kurt's death.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame hates post punk and new wave music. Not one of the groups to choose from The Smiths, The Cure, Kraftwerk, New Order/Joy Division, Depeche Mode, etc have gotten in yet we see almost every rap group getting in or 70s revival group in the form of grunge getting in.

At this rate Blind Melon will get in before The Smiths.
Look how long it took for Black Sabbath to get in. Iron Maiden, Motorhead and Judas Priest aren't even in the HOF yet which is a travesty. Metallica got in and during his speech James Hetfield went off on them for not inducting some of the forefathers of Heavy Metal.

Every band you mentioned should be inducted. Everyone of them have been influential to many an artist to come after them and especially Kraftwerk. Without Kraftwerk I don't think electronic music would be were it is today. Innovative and pioneering are Kraftwerk

Last edited:
Pearl Jam was the first big Grunge band not Nirvana. By late 1991 Pearl Jam was selling out or nearly selling out arena's while Nirvana was still playing in much smaller venues and clubs. The only reason everyone talks about Nirvana being the face of Grunge is because of Kurt Cobain's sucide. If Kurt hadn't of died and was still alive today I don't think Nirvana would be as big as they are. Almost all of Nirvana's massive popularity came after Kurt's death.

Nirvana was hugely popular while Cobain was alive

Back