The ridiculous excuse that micro-transactions are "time-saving" opportunities

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This beauty of an excuse is my favorite whenever a developer tries to give a reason to incorporate micro-transactions that effect game-play and want to argue that they are "optional time savers", especially in Single Player games.

Do you remember the days when you could click the start button and change the difficulty to "easy"?
I wonder what they are going to try and milk next. Save slots? Oh wait, Metal Gear Survive did that.

Games are being made grindy to make you buy this shit. I can accept cosmetics real DLC.

Shadow of War got a ton of shit for so-called MTs when they did not in any way progress you or give you any advantages. I loved that game, didn’t spend a penny and finished the Game+ mode. Which involved fighting and fighting and having weird and interesting battles against overwhelming odds Where You firmy micromanage or do any of the other shit you do in games with grind (MMO and other multiplayers).

Now AC Odyssey has a fucking $10 +50% exp permanent boost. That is fucking abuse and the worst shit I have seen outside of so called free to play games. And from what I’ve read you’ve got plenty of fetch and run missions.

Games are being made grindy to make you buy this shit. I can accept cosmetics real DLC.

Shadow of War got a ton of shit for so-called MTs when they did not in any way progress you or give you any advantages. I loved that game, didn’t spend a penny and finished the Game+ mode. Which involved fighting and fighting and having weird and interesting battles against overwhelming odds Where You firmy micromanage or do any of the other shit you do in games with grind (MMO and other multiplayers).

Now AC Odyssey has a fucking $10 +50% exp permanent boost. That is fucking abuse and the worst shit I have seen outside of so called free to play games. And from what I’ve read you’ve got plenty of fetch and run missions.

I never look up MTs and only know about the Odyssey one from reading about it here. Like I mentioned in another thread, I thought the whole point of these games (which I will admit I never appreciated previously) was the grind.

Heck the way I see it, I paid $100 bucks for the game. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay more to play it less

I never look up MTs and only know about the Odyssey one from reading about it here. Like I mentioned in another thread, I thought the whole point of these games (which I will admit I never appreciated previously) was the grind.

Heck the way I see it, I paid $100 bucks for the game. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay more to play it less

You pay $100?

Anyway games should be about doing fun things. Not repetitive boring things to get digital pseudo-benefits.

Witcher 3 is the epitome of a RPG game and is light years ahead of what AC Odyssey is as a game. Zero grind. You can bet Cyberpunk will not come out with a +50% skill boost payment.

Welcome to today's gaming where even the gameplay has been monitized and retards defend it.

Fuck everyone who buys this shit and keeps this garbage afloat.

You pay $100?

Anyway games should be about doing fun things. Not repetitive boring things to get digital pseudo-benefits.

Witcher 3 is the epitome of a RPG game and is light years ahead of what AC Odyssey is as a game. Zero grind. You can bet Cyberpunk will not come out with a +50% skill boost payment.

Local currency. NZD. So I think the current exchange rate probably makes it between $60-$70 American

You pay $100?

Haven't played Witcher. It's on my list. Same with Far Cry. Trying to get through Primal (the second one I've touched), then going back around to 4, then 3 then by then 5 will be in the discount bin..

I do like the AC series. A part of me might be playing it out of obligation because I've pretty much played all of them but they've been largely enjoyable with very few points where I thought "WTF?".

The Odyssey pay for xp thing is a choice. I'm at level 43 and didn't pay for xp and it hasn't been a chore.

Haven't played Witcher. It's on my list. Same with Far Cry. Trying to get through Primal (the second one I've touched), then going back around to 4, then 3 then by then 5 will be in the discount bin..

I do like the AC series. A part of me might be playing it out of obligation because I've pretty much played all of them but they've been largely enjoyable with very few points where I thought "WTF?".

AC2 and 2.5 were the high points of the AC series.

Witcher 3 is an 150 hour investment. AC Origins is a fine game but it’s like driving a Mustang after a Jaguar.

That and it just encourages developers to give out less experience points or whatever which will further drag the grind out unless you pay extra money for stat boosts. Modern gaming smh

save states are a far better time saver.

Stop everything you're doing and start Witcher 3.

AC2 and 2.5 were the high points of the AC series.

Witcher 3 is an 150 hour investment. AC Origins is a fine game but it’s like driving a Mustang after a Jaguar.

The Ezio arc easily, by far, the best story arc in the series. And also the most likable character IMO.

Something triggered in AC3 (probably development team change) that took a bit out of the history and the team. Through AC2, I was reading up everything, facts on the characters etc. Took a bit on a interest in the history (googling and wiki'ng stuff etc) just to check out the characterisations within the game. Didn't happen after that. The fact sheets on the NPCs just turned to crap

Back