The ref for the Zombie vs Yair should definitely get fired!

refs should have the power to administer tactical GNP to fighters who need to be knocked into a lower plane of unconsciousness for their own safety

Herb Dean should’ve KO’d Anderson after the leg break incident. Have a heart

Didn't say it was the same ref, just pointing out another bad/weird ref moment from last night. Mazzagotti must be training these new refs.
I know, my first line was clarifying that I had originally wondered if it was.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yeah but his face and nose were pretty busted so I don’t think he was breathing freely through them!

Watch the fight again and look at his chest, he was clearly breathing.
I always assumed taking the mouthpiece out and opening the mouth was more about the tongue, vomit, blood than the mouth being open to allow you to breath as you can breath just fine through your nose (usually).

It's why you put unconscious people who are breathing in the recovery position.

Either way you don't just stand there and do nothing but I suspect the ref didn't see the elbow and didn't know he'd just been ktfo and maybe just thought he'd dropped to his knees because the fight ended and he was exhausted. It's a downside of fighting in a cage, if that would have been a ring then a doctor would have got to him and done it much quicker.

He was busy waving his hands in the air... like he don't care.

Watch the fight again and look at his chest, he was clearly breathing.
I always assumed taking the mouthpiece out and opening the mouth was more about the tongue, vomit, blood than the mouth being open to allow you to breath as you can breath just fine through your nose (usually).

It's why you put unconscious people who are breathing in the recovery position.

Either way you don't just stand there and do nothing but I suspect the ref didn't see the elbow and didn't know he'd just been ktfo and maybe just thought he'd dropped to his knees because the fight ended and he was exhausted. It's a downside of fighting in a cage, if that would have been a ring then a doctor would have got to him and done it much quicker.
How old are you? Do you know that a ref’s job is to make sure fighters are ok? Did he do that, no! Then he really didn’t do his job!

you stop breathing when you are knocked out? that's news to me. i guess you could if something was obstructing your airways. was he underwater?

i do agree though the ref should check on him immediately
I was highlighting that brain can survive without o2 for a couple minutes so Ref does not need to immediately offer first aid by pulling out mouth piece. With potential neck injuries a ringside medical pro would be better but we agree Ref closest to do the basic check look , listen , feel if breathing, conscious then call for help if a concern, often the fighters regain consciousness so monitoring ok. I am not aware of any fighters requiring air resuscitations after a KO strike.

The zombie was fine you don’t know what you’re talking about. The only bad job he did was not telling these guys to keep fighting when they took multiple breaks during live action.

I was highlighting that brain can survive without o2 for a couple minutes so Ref does not need to immediately offer first aid by pulling out mouth piece. With potential neck injuries a ringside medical pro would be better but we agree Ref closest to do the basic check look , listen , feel if breathing, conscious then call for help if a concern, often the fighters regain consciousness so monitoring ok. I am not aware of any fighters requiring air resuscitations after a KO strike.
Ah, ok man. Sorry i missinterpreted your post. Now i see :)

It's easy to sit around on the couch , not actually there in the moment, taking a hit off your bong covered in peace stickers and Monday morning quarterback someone. Get in there and do it yourself if you think you could do the job better...bud.

Lol at "there in the moment" he's got two people to lookout for. When one of them is face down on the canvas it should be pretty simpe to determine your next move.
Don't get me wrong, I hate it when people blast refs for early stoppages but this was pathetic.

Back