The ref for the Zombie vs Yair should definitely get fired!

Answer the judges??? I’m talking about fighter safety!!!

Did you not read what I said? People should be mad if they didn't call the fight; I wasn't acknowledging the initial point, but I'm stating that would've been much worse; If his team dragged him up to answer the judges. Why do so many people here respond without actually reading the comment through lmao

Im saying that while I like that extra step; you're being too hard on him.

lol, indeed. Although, I do like refs when they go the extra mile and pull the mouthpiece out and support the KO'd fighters neck/head. But as long as they stop the fight in a safe manner, i'm fine with it.

no, not even close. Ref did his job, end of discussion.

I agree; I wasn't even acknowledging that and then "True fan" lmao freaks out and doesn't even read what I said

I've never heard anything that says your brain is instantly oxygen deprived when you suffer a concussion. And even if they're out cold they'll still breath through their nose if their mouth is blocked.

Ko’d people look far worse then what they really are.

Removing his mouth Piece would not have helpped Oxygen In-take because breathing through the nose is what fighters are trained to do and will do when ko’d not only that you get far more Oxygen breathing through the nose then through the mouth.

Just saying.

Ref did his job fine and I am a Huge KZ fan.

(Still feeling a bit numb after that loss tbh)
His nose was broken, I believe.

I’ve never seen someone with less experience when you have a fighter just KO’d, so instead of taking his mouth piece out, he just totally ignored him! Those seconds right there are crucial for brain recovery because it needs oxygen desperately! What did you think?
Does anyone have that gif because I couldn’t find it?

He should’ve given him mouth to mouth also.

It's easy to sit around on the couch , not actually there in the moment, taking a hit off your bong covered in peace stickers and Monday morning quarterback someone. Get in there and do it yourself if you think you could do the job better...bud.
Why do you think a job being difficult overall, (when the part we're focusing on is extremely easy) allows you to write off the mistakes of it? Criticism just can't exist at all? Especially by those who don't do it?

Not doing something is not in any way an invalidation of all opinions. What are you saying, I can't comment cuz I'm not a ref? I don't need to know how to drive to recognize a car crash either.

The ref is the first person available to check on a downed fighter, I don't think it's unreasonable to want him to check on the fighter before doing anything else. If I was the ref I would have threatened point deduction on both of them after like the second or third fucking "hug out."

Did you not read what I said? People should be mad if they didn't call the fight; I wasn't acknowledging the initial point, but I'm stating that would've been much worse; If his team dragged him up to answer the judges. Why do so many people here respond without actually reading the comment through lmao

Im saying that while I like that extra step; you're being too hard on him.
Dude the guy is slumped on his face with a busted nose, isn’t his job just to check up on him?

The ref is the first person available to check on a downed fighter, I don't think it's unreasonable to want him to check on the fighter before doing anything else. If I was the ref I would have threatened point deduction on both of them after like the second or third fucking "hug out."
<{anton}>

Dude the guy is slumped on his face with a busted nose, isn’t his job just to check up on him?

Yes; I said I agree; I also said you're being too hard on the ref; but I also agree.

Then I brought up a different point; that the only way people should be enraged as much as they and you seem to be, would be IF they didn't call the fight and dragged KZ's lifeless body up to answer a judges decision. I was not saying I want that lol. I was saying that would've been enough to trigger the rage people are feeling now.

Yes; I said I agree; I also said you're being too hard on the ref; but I also agree.

Then I brought up a different point; that the only way people should be enraged as much as they and you seem to be, would be IF they didn't call the fight and dragged KZ's lifeless body up to answer a judges decision. I was not saying I want that lol. I was saying that would've been enough to trigger the rage people are feeling now.
True, but my focus was on that stupid ref!

Lol, it was pretty bad, he didn't even bother to check on an unconscious fighter. Still nothing compared to the Skelly/Moffet ref debacle.

KZ fell face first pretty hard after that KO. If he had broken his neck and the ref moved him to take out his mouthpiece instead of stabilizing the spine you would just criticize him and blame him for the damage done. It's easy to say what should be done when you're just a spectator. You don't know why the ref did what he did or if he was even waiting on the doctor to check on the downed fighter. I do remember a doctor running into the Octagon immediately after the bell. Refs should ref and doctors should administer medical aid. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened.

Lol, it was pretty bad, he didn't even bother to check on an unconscious fighter. Still nothing compared to the Skelly/Moffet ref debacle.
I asked before in the thread if it was the same ref. I checked on it just to make sure it wasn't.

It's weird. Every fight that ends by knockout, you see the ref call the fight and immediately check the downed fighter. Even by technical submissions, it's "stop the fight, check the fighter." The bell ringing somehow made the situation untenable?

Didn't say it was the same ref, just pointing out another bad/weird ref moment from last night. Mazzagotti must be training these new refs.

Think about holding your breath, A couple of minutes before lack of oxygen affects brain. The ringside Doc should get in there and the ref should be getting him. But yes Ref needs to be on their toes for fighter safety and could have been more reactive in this case.

It's easy to sit around on the couch , not actually there in the moment, taking a hit off your bong covered in peace stickers and Monday morning quarterback someone. Get in there and do it yourself if you think you could do the job better...bud.
I'm pretty sure you have to know someone to get that job nowadays.

Ref heard the buzzer then left to write the hours on his time sheet and go home. Meanwhile KZ is slumped and lifeless on the floor. Any half decent ref would have attended to KZ immediately

Think about holding your breath, A couple of minutes before lack of oxygen affects brain. The ringside Doc should get in there and the ref should be getting him. But yes Ref needs to be on their toes for fighter safety and could have been more reactive in this case.
you stop breathing when you are knocked out? that's news to me. i guess you could if something was obstructing your airways. was he underwater?

i do agree though the ref should check on him immediately

Back