The ref for the Zombie vs Yair should definitely get fired!

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I’ve never seen someone with less experience when you have a fighter just KO’d, so instead of taking his mouth piece out, he just totally ignored him! Those seconds right there are crucial for brain recovery because it needs oxygen desperately! What did you think?
Does anyone have that gif because I couldn’t find it?

I think he should have easily seen that KZ was KO'ed, so what argument I'm going to make is a dumb one, admittedly.

But I'm fairly certain that if the ref didn't stop the fight before the bell sounded, technically, a hurt guy can still answer the scorecards. The ref, of course, has full discretion and can call the fight any time up until the official announcement. (See fights where fighters can get DQ'ed after clearly winning the fight, either by the other fighter being unconscious or even after the last bell). But as long as the fighter can get up by himself and answer the call, then KZ would have seen the scorecards and the win, but he had to stand up on his own accord and couldn't be helped by the ref or his corner.

Having said that, any ref wouldn't need to take more than a second to realize KZ was dead as dead and the fight wasn't going to the scorecards.

Additionally, maybe there was some danger to trying to move him alone because of the hunched facedown position KZ fell into? Idk, I'm not a doctor. But yeah, that ref took his real sweet fucking time addressing it. Was it not the same guy who called the terrible Skelly stoppage?

He only left a completely lifeless man face down after a brutal 25 minute fight. What do you want him to do? His job?

I think he should have easily seen that KZ was KO'ed, so what argument I'm going to make is a dumb one, admittedly.

But I'm fairly certain that if the ref didn't stop the fight before the bell sounded, technically, a hurt guy can still answer the scorecards. The ref, of course, has full discretion and can call the fight any time up until the official announcement. (See fights where fighters can get DQ'ed after clearly winning the fight, either by the other fighter being unconscious or even after the last bell). But as long as the fighter can get up by himself and answer the call, then KZ would have seen the scorecards and the win, but he had to stand up on his own accord and couldn't be helped by the ref or his corner.

Having said that, any ref wouldn't need to take more than a second to realize KZ was dead as dead and the fight wasn't going to the scorecards.

Additionally, maybe there was some danger to trying to move him alone because of the hunched facedown position KZ fell into? Idk, I'm not a doctor. But yeah, that ref took his real sweet fucking time addressing it. Was it not the same guy who called the terrible Skelly stoppage?
That was not professional dude! The guy is slumped over on his face, wtf?

He only left a completely lifeless man face down after a brutal 25 minute fight. What do you want him to do? His job?
Take the mouthpiece out right away so he can breath better

Sherdog experts, sherdog experts everywhere.

Yeah, that was awful. The refs PRIMARY job is to ensure the fighters' safety. He really fucked up.

Sherdog experts, sherdog experts everywhere.
Getting to a guy that's ko'ed isn't exactly a genius notion there, bud.

If that's someone acting like an expert, I can't imagine how much a band-aid confuses you.

Getting to a guy that's ko'ed isn't exactly a genius notion there, bud.

It's easy to sit around on the couch , not actually there in the moment, taking a hit off your bong covered in peace stickers and Monday morning quarterback someone. Get in there and do it yourself if you think you could do the job better...bud.

Ko’d people look far worse then what they really are.

Removing his mouth Piece would not have helpped Oxygen In-take because breathing through the nose is what fighters are trained to do and will do when ko’d not only that you get far more Oxygen breathing through the nose then through the mouth.

Just saying.

Ref did his job fine and I am a Huge KZ fan.

(Still feeling a bit numb after that loss tbh)

For a fact; if the fight wasn't called and the bell rang and KZ was unconscious, it would be 5:00 of the fifth round KO. You have to be awake. Lmao

Ko’d people look far worse then what they really are.

Removing his mouth Piece would not have helpped Oxygen In-take because breathing through the nose is what fighters are trained to do and will do when ko’d not only that you get far more Oxygen breathing through the nose then through the mouth.

Just saying.

Yeah but his face and nose were pretty busted so I don’t think he was breathing freely through them!

become a ref if you're so upset... the ref did his job, he stopped the fight.

This. I would've been mad if they dragged an unconscious KZ up to answer the judges scorecards; that's the only
Scenario people should be mad...

Yeah, fuck all that. Contrary to popular belief... fighting isn’t always about winning. Sometimes it’s just about the fight.

This. I would've been mad if they dragged an unconscious KZ up to answer the judges scorecards; that's the only
Answer the judges??? I’m talking about fighter safety!!!

lol, indeed. Although, I do like refs when they go the extra mile and pull the mouthpiece out and support the KO'd fighters neck/head. But as long as they stop the fight in a safe manner, i'm fine with it.

Dude you’re clueless

no, not even close. Ref did his job, end of discussion.

Back