The reason why Ben Askren and Fedor will and never will fight in the UFC...

Askren would have likely beaten most the roster, but collectively would have lost the UFC fans by beating more popular and entertaining fighters. Thats pretty much the whole story right there. Damn shame, he could have won the belt.

ben-askren-one-fc-16.gif

And that guy started getting his shit pushed in within about 10 seconds of the end of the gif.

troo, not everyone gets a dream deal, but this isn't one of those cases. It's politics.

Politics has a lot to do with it, but I tended to think both parties were dealing in good faith and simply couldn't reach an agreement, rather than Fedor being scared of the UFC (after fighting in Pride?) or the UFC being irrationally greedy and unreasonable.

And I will say, at least Ben Askren fought MMA athletes and not Japanese professional wrestling actors and Steven Seagal-type characters. LOL
You Fedor haters are so boring and pointless.

As if thats ALL Fedors fights

Askren would have likely beaten most the roster, but collectively would have lost the UFC fans by beating more popular and entertaining fighters. Thats pretty much the whole story right there. Damn shame, he could have won the belt.

And that guy started getting his shit pushed in within about 10 seconds of the end of the gif.
Please share the highlight gif

Regardless of how 'boring' Askren is, he is undefeated and hasn't shown the tiniest inkling of how he would lose a fight.

He is legit but you are over exaggerating his performances.

He was a hair away from losing to a very over the hill Jay Heiron, who then went on in his last few fights to get absolutely wiped out in the UFC. He also had his hands full with Luis Santos.

He is good but don't pretend like we have not gotten a peak at a blueprint for beating him.

we're getting cormier vs stipe and fegy vs khab.. deserves some credit

is Dana White.

It's maybe too obvious for anyone who truly desires the top of the food chain to pit it out, but I think it's noteworthy.

Regardless of how 'boring' Askren is, he is undefeated and hasn't shown the tiniest inkling of how he would lose a fight. He's gone against dangerous strikers and subdued them nonchalantly... In contrast to the murderer we know in Khabib... nonetheless managed to make all of his opponents look like amateurs once he got on top.

IMHO, Ben might be one of the saddest things to let go without seeing him against the likes of Brown, Condit, and maybe even GSP.

And of of course we know about Fedor's issue, or should I say managerial issues they've had in the past. Dana can't take full blame for this one because Fedor's got a shady management team behind him and perhaps looking into their interests more so than the interests of Fedor. But whatever the case might be, it's a fuckin shame.

We missed out on...

Aldo vs Pettis
Jones vs Silva
GSP vs Silva
and Fedor vs ?????????? and Askren vs ???????????
I am just as much a fan as the next guy but why are we talking about Fedor & the UFC in 2k18?

askren and fedor should of been in the UFC at some point, but each went on to make more money else where then they would of under a Zuffa contract.

Fedors time is over. I would have loved to see him around 2009, but at least that keeps his mystique alive. I don't want to see the GOAT of MMA getting cast aside like Big Nog or Gomi or even Penn.

Askren still has time, and he would have a 50-50 chance against any WW including the champ. I personally believe he would work Woodley. No way he survives Ben's pace for 5 rounds. He would tire out pretty quick. Maia would be tricky, he'd have fun with Condit, Brown. 50-50 with Wonderboy and Till. Rafael Dos Anjos and Cerrone wont even pose a threat. Colby and Usman, I can see Askren tiring them out.

You Fedor haters are so boring and pointless.

As if thats ALL Fedors fights
I wouldn't call myself a "hater" because I always use facts to make my point about Fedor. I consider him a pioneer of the sport.

I am looking at his entire record as we speak, on Wikipedia. I started from the last time he lost, and looking at this "10 year undefeated" streak his fanboys love to gloat about. The majority of his fights are suspect. Yes, he could only beat who was in front him. But, this doesn't mean the people that were in front of him didn't have terrible records.

If you hate facts, I can't help you. You want to take a portion of his career and make him GOAT based on that, but I don't think the history of sports commentary will allow you to do that.

Fedor's record will only look weaker and weaker with time. He is a pioneer. GOATs can only be fighters that were/are dominant post-2009/2010.

Fedor was the greatest fighter of all time. Askren is a can. Don't talk as if their careers or situations are compatible.
He has some quality wins on his record and is undefeated. Far from a can.

I wouldn't call myself a "hater" because I always use facts to make my point about Fedor. I consider him a pioneer of the sport.

I am looking at his entire record as we speak, on Wikipedia. I started from the last time he lost, and looking at this "10 year undefeated" streak his fanboys love to gloat about. The majority of his fights are suspect. Yes, he could only beat who was in front him. But, this doesn't mean the people that were in front of him didn't have terrible records.

If you hate facts, I can't help you. You want to take a portion of his career and make him GOAT based on that, but I don't think the history of sports commentary will allow you to do that.

Fedor's record will only look weaker and weaker with time. He is a pioneer. GOATs can only be fighters that were/are dominant post-2009/2010.

The fact that you have to resort to Wikipedia to get a perspective of his career, only shows how limited your knowledge is and why you place so much emphasis on statistics. Fortunately, real experts rely on a whole assortment of factors to make an assessment of a fighters career and not just a 30 second fact check from a random internet search.

Whether Fedor was the greatest of all time is debatable. Whether he was the greatest heavyweight is not imo. It’s not even close.

Of course its on Dana, but its also on Fedor and Askren.

The reasons are simple.

For Fedor there was no way in Hell the UFC was going to co-promote with M-1, end of Story.

With Askren, Maybe don't call the president of the company you want to work for an asshole, regardless of how big an asshole he is, or at least wait until the contract is signed..

No-one ares about askren but like 100 peoole on these forums and in the public world , he's a nobody who claims he's the best without fighting the best

He is legit but you are over exaggerating his performances.

He was a hair away from losing to a very over the hill Jay Heiron, who then went on in his last few fights to get absolutely wiped out in the UFC. He also had his hands full with Luis Santos.

He is good but don't pretend like we have not gotten a peak at a blueprint for beating him.

Where... Did I exaggerate? When I said he's undefeated and calmly controlled his opponents on the ground?

Guys not fighting in the UFC doesn't mean it is because of a conflict. They both just got a better deal somewhere else. Both Fedor and Askren could have fought in the UFC if they were given what they asked for. Instead somebody else decided to pay more, so they ended up there instead. They are both big names. It is not like the UFC refused to give them a deal. The deal was just not good enough.

Back