The real reason why the UFC will not strip Conor McGregor of his Lightweight belt.

Fighting your contract out in not that simple dude. 2 or 3 losses in a row would make McGregor damaged goods. He'd still be fighting and making the UFC millions in the meantime.

Plus, there's no other promotion that pays better than the UFC for a fighter like him.

<DisgustingHHH>

I bet my life saving on that Bellator would pay the exact amount UFC is paying to Conor if not more.

Viacom money baby.

Last edited:
Of course they would, because they are 100% in the right
Conor, Floyd all know that.
Going out and getting a license to do something he is not legally allowed to do does not change anything.

I took out your first sentence, bc I was not sure of your point.
No... actually Conor thinks they're in the wrong, he said he could get out of it ("especially now that there's offers on the table", he said), it'd just be smoother to have everyone involved. Which is true.

The contracts are bullshit for multiple reasons which have been explained to death, it's just that no one has the time or resources to waste on fighting it yet.

No... actually Conor thinks they're in the wrong, he said he could get out of it ("especially now that there's offers on the table", he said), it'd just be smoother to have everyone involved. Which is true.

The contracts are bullshit for multiple reasons which have been explained to death, it's just that no one has the time or resources to waste on fighting it yet.

You are so wrong

But a good guy, so I'll let it go

The real reason all-time record with a $17.7 million gate.Billion social media impressions for the McGregor-headlined UFC 205 card — the most in UFC history. Million Twitter mentions for the calendar year.
UFC 202 McGregor v Diaz 2 1,650,000
UFC 189 McGregor vs Mendes 825,000
UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz 1,317,000
UFC 194 Aldo vs McGregor 1,025,000.... PPV Sales numbers from mmapayout

{<Mcgoat}

You are so wrong

But a good guy, so I'll let it go
No, I'm not and you saying I am doesn't make it true. You have no clue, which is just as much as I know. Again, no precedent has been set. It could certainly go mcgregors direction if he were to take it to court.

But you think you're an expert because sherdoggers tell you that you are, so I'll let it go.

Still, the fact remains, you have no fucking clue how that court battle goes.

No, I'm not and you saying I am doesn't make it true. You have no clue, which is just as much as I know. Again, no precedent has been set. It could certainly go mcgregors direction if he were to take it to court.

But you think you're an expert because sherdoggers tell you that you are, so I'll let it go.

Still, the fact remains, you have no fucking clue how that court battle goes.

::: YAWN :::

Have a great day

PS ... I never said "expert" & I don't see others doing it either.
But a lot of members do appreciate my research.

I take that any day over your situation where you tell yourself you are right all the time ;)

Last edited:
Ufc stands to make more money from mayweather fight if conor is a champ.

Have a great day
Lmao... yawn.... Frankie, you're a sherdof poster. Nothing more. You don't know any more, or have any more information than the average sherdogger. Don't forget it.

On top of that, the objective fact remains: it's very possible Conor could win that court battle. The objective fact remains, you have no idea whT you're talking about and never will, unless someone actually takes the UFC to court.

These aren't opinions.

Have a good day, SherdogFrankie

Khabib didn't make weight for the contender fight. It hasn't even been one full year. If he doesn't defend inside a year, strip him.

If the champion's clause didn't work in the UFC's favor, the UFC would ignore it. I'm sure it's worded in such a way that honoring it is up to the UFC's discretion. They can probably release a champion if they want to. I don't remember it ever being done but I'm sure that the UFC can cut a champion. Actually, didn't they cut BJ Penn back in the day?

So, Conor has no leverage in using the champion's clause in his favor.

He does have leverage using the Ali Act though. I'm saddened that he didn't. That would have been a fun thing to watch news coverage of.
You've confused me here.

The whole point of my thread is that if the UFC strip Conor of his title he's no longer a champion. The entire reason why the clause exists is to stop champions from jumping ship with the title in hand and therefore watering down the next champion. You mention BJ Penn, well guess what, the reason why the champion's clause exists is because of BJ Penn and no they didn't cut BJ Penn.

A contract is a 2 way street, the clause stops Bellator or any other third party contingent swooping in and offering Conor 30 million to fight and him jumping ship. The UFC have him over a barrel that way, and if they were to strip him of the title in the interest of "fairness", Conor would no longer be held by that clause.

Does this not make sense, no?

Well i don't agree with that.

Some company would be willing to shell out millions to him just due to the fact that the UFC played him up so much. Bellator's parent owner for one would take money from it's piggy bank and other areas to pay Conor.

Would leave shit for everyone else though unless they started running their company better afterwards.
Agreed ^^^

Conor has been pretty vocal about how seriously he takes contract negotiations. With his business-first mindset and close relationship with uncle Frank, the champions clause in his contract may be slightly different than ones in the past. Its an assumption either way, but I wouldn't rule out Conor having at least some of the leverage here.
You think Conor could walk out with a UFC belt on his waist? Nah fam.

You guys are crazy. Why would UFC strip Conor of LW title. Their biggest star ever. They are even doing everything to get him a boxing match...
Let's say he goes 2 years without a defense, you think they'll strip him then or nah?

Have a great day

PS ... I never said "expert" & I don't see others doing it either.
But a lot of members do appreciate my research.

I take that any day over your situation where you tell yourself you are right all the time ;)
Lmao nice late edit. Waited til I responded, read my response and then edited your post.

Anyway, I didn't say I was right, all I did was post objective facts and you said 'I was so wrong'. That makes you wrong

Let's say he goes 2 years without a defense, you think they'll strip him then or nah?
Sure, but he did say he's taking a break until the summer, and Dana was ok with it. And then they started working on this boxing match. I don't remember he ever refused to fight..

Back