Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TGIF: The Real Danger from Trump Is Ignored
By
Sheldon Richman
-
May 19, 2017

While the chattering classes spend all their time rehashing Donald Trump’s alleged — there’s a word you don’t much see in the media anymore — coordination with Russians over their alleged — there it is again — hacking of the Democrats’ email, a story with far more ominous implications is being ignored. I refer to Trump’s trip, beginning today, to Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Whatever Trump might have done with the Russians, if he did anything at all, it has none of the potential for death and destruction that his meddling in the Middle East has. He is doing far more than doubling down on what his predecessor, Barack Obama, did. For a guy who promised to concentrate on domestic matters, he’s sure engaging in a lot of empire preservation. But, then, some of us are not surprised. His words were never to be trusted.

The two most destabilizing countries in the Middle East are Saudi Arabia and Israel. Both want to reduce Iran to insignificance, and that starts with getting rid of Iran’s ally, Syrian ruler Bashar al-Assad. Trump says he wants to concentrate on ISIS and not Assad, but his actions belie his words. Witness his launch of 59 Tomahawk missiles at a Syrian airbase after unproved and seriously challenged assertions that Assad used chemical weapons against Syrians. U.S. forces have also hit pro-Assad forces twice in recent months, including on Thursday.

As for Israel, the region’s nuclear monopolist, it will tolerate no Middle East power that is not sufficiently obeisant to the American-Israeli agenda. Iran, moreover, has had the temerity to befriend Hezbollah, the only group able to keep Israel from having its way in Lebanon. Keep this in mind whenever you hear Iran condemned as the “world’s greatest state sponsor of terrorism.” Also recall that for years Israel has, with U.S. help, has conducted covert and cyber war against Iran and has sponsored anti-Iran terrorism. Moreover, Israel’s ruling class is long on record as favoring destabilization of the Arab states. It expects the Jewish state to profit from chaos in the region.

https://www.libertarianinstitute.org/articles/sheldon/tgif-real-danger-trump-ignored/

______________________________________________________________________________________

I posted this because I want to point out the absurdity of people losing their mind over Trump connections to Russia, but open connections in the public for everyone to see, with Saudi Arabia and Israel is accepted as common place.

The NSA does not view Israel as our ally, and most of us know that without the Saudi government's support, 9-11 would not have happened.

Israel and Saudi Arabia, are our ally in name only. They should not receive a pass for ties, and open collusion with our elected representatives.

Israeli, and Saudi interests, are not American interests.

If Donald Trump has reasons to talk to the government officials for SA, and Israel, then those same reasons should hold true for contact with the Russian government.

maxresdefault.jpg

Besides throwing a few crumbs to the middle class to promote complacency, and fostering social issues that divide the populace, I see a recurring theme with most all Presidents: the preservation of state power to limit the egalitarian effects of democracy, and, most importantly, the rampant protection of capital accumulation at any cost for a privileged few.

Divide the middle class (the majority), so the minority (upper class) is protected from their "tyranny" (potential democratic rule).

The fact that so many people have been baited into a debate about which tastes better, dog shit or pig shit, is asinine. Goldman Sachs, AIG, JPMorgan, General Dynamics, Haliburton, Enron, Exxon-Mobil, Shell, McDonnell-Douglas, Fannie Mae, Clinton Foundation, et. al. FTW.

Besides throwing a few crumbs to the middle class to promote complacency, and fostering social issues that divide the populace, I see a recurring theme with most all Presidents: the preservation of state power to limit the egalitarian effects of democracy, and, most importantly, the rampant protection of capital accumulation at any cost for a privileged few.

1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

as a rabid hater of having Israel and Saudi Arabia as """Allies""""

>the NSA does not consider Israel an ally

the NSA gives Israel raw data that they collect through shady programs, such as PRISM

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/11/nsa-americans-personal-data-israel-documents

they do this, even after Israel has sold our military technology to china

how does giving Israel raw surveillance data on americans, help americans? I don't know of a rational answer to that question, and it is more proof that our government puts Israel before American taxpayers

"The National Security Agency routinely shares raw intelligence data with Israel without first sifting it to remove information about US citizens, a top-secret document provided to the Guardian by whistleblower Edward Snowden reveals.

Details of the intelligence-sharing agreement are laid out in a memorandum of understanding between the NSA and its Israeli counterpart that shows the US government handed over intercepted communications likely to contain phone calls and emails of American citizens. The agreement places no legally binding limits on the use of the data by the Israelis."

THANKS OBAMA

TGIF: The Real Danger from Trump Is Ignored
By
Sheldon Richman
-
May 19, 2017

While the chattering classes spend all their time rehashing Donald Trump’s alleged — there’s a word you don’t much see in the media anymore — coordination with Russians over their alleged — there it is again — hacking of the Democrats’ email, a story with far more ominous implications is being ignored. I refer to Trump’s trip, beginning today, to Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Whatever Trump might have done with the Russians, if he did anything at all, it has none of the potential for death and destruction that his meddling in the Middle East has. He is doing far more than doubling down on what his predecessor, Barack Obama, did. For a guy who promised to concentrate on domestic matters, he’s sure engaging in a lot of empire preservation. But, then, some of us are not surprised. His words were never to be trusted.

The two most destabilizing countries in the Middle East are Saudi Arabia and Israel. Both want to reduce Iran to insignificance, and that starts with getting rid of Iran’s ally, Syrian ruler Bashar al-Assad. Trump says he wants to concentrate on ISIS and not Assad, but his actions belie his words. Witness his launch of 59 Tomahawk missiles at a Syrian airbase after unproved and seriously challenged assertions that Assad used chemical weapons against Syrians. U.S. forces have also hit pro-Assad forces twice in recent months, including on Thursday.

As for Israel, the region’s nuclear monopolist, it will tolerate no Middle East power that is not sufficiently obeisant to the American-Israeli agenda. Iran, moreover, has had the temerity to befriend Hezbollah, the only group able to keep Israel from having its way in Lebanon. Keep this in mind whenever you hear Iran condemned as the “world’s greatest state sponsor of terrorism.” Also recall that for years Israel has, with U.S. help, has conducted covert and cyber war against Iran and has sponsored anti-Iran terrorism. Moreover, Israel’s ruling class is long on record as favoring destabilization of the Arab states. It expects the Jewish state to profit from chaos in the region.

https://www.libertarianinstitute.org/articles/sheldon/tgif-real-danger-trump-ignored/

______________________________________________________________________________________

I posted this because I want to point out the absurdity of people losing their mind over Trump connections to Russia, but open connections in the public for everyone to see, with Saudi Arabia and Israel is accepted as common place.

The NSA does not view Israel as our ally, and most of us know that without the Saudi government's support, 9-11 would not have happened.

Israel and Saudi Arabia, are our ally in name only. They should not receive a pass for ties, and open collusion with our elected representatives.

Israeli, and Saudi interests, are not American interests.

If Donald Trump has reasons to talk to the government officials for SA, and Israel, then those same reasons should hold true for contact with the Russian government.
But he presents so many "real dangers", it's easy to ignore a few here and there.

Let me know when I can vote on things like billion dollar bailouts, foreign policy, capital leverage in the form of lobbying, the war on drugs, or people like Alan Greenspan to be in jail.

Most likely never. For one thing, we have a pretty strong principle in America that you don't throw people in jail without accusing them of an actual crime and then proving your case. But anyway, how do you, as a WR reader, get the idea that preserving state power limits the egalitarian effects of democracy and the protection of capital accumulation? Did you see this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-255pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.17450688e994

What kind of reaction do you expect from those supporters? I'm predicting that they'll defend it. Lots of people would have their own kids starve if they thought it would hurt minority kids more.

Most likely never. For one thing, we have a pretty strong principle in America that you don't throw people in jail without accusing them of an actual crime and then proving your case. But anyway, how do you, as a WR reader, get the idea that preserving state power limits the egalitarian effects of democracy and the protection of capital accumulation? Did you see this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/05/22/trumps-plans-to-cut-food-stamps-could-hit-his-supporters-hardest/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-low_wb-foodstamps-255pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.17450688e994

What kind of reaction do you expect from those supporters? I'm predicting that they'll defend it. Lots of people would have their own kids starve if they thought it would hurt minority kids more.

Jack savage? More like Simple Jack. Weak lower body and weak ideologies. Try again tooth pick legs.

Let me know when I can vote on things like billion dollar bailouts, foreign policy, capital leverage in the form of lobbying, the war on drugs, or people like Alan Greenspan to be in jail.
wow you smoked jack dead to rights.

Another glorious jack getting besmirched thread in the making. Don't worry, he'll fawn this one off like a champ.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/05/22/trumps-plans-to-cut-food-stamps-could-hit-his-supporters-hardest/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-low_wb-foodstamps-255pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.17450688e994

When you have a system of laws that are deliberately ambiguous enough to allow flexible interpretation by those who have the means to do so, they are only as perfect as the men who write them, and the interests with which they are written.

The fact that you are defending Alan Greenspan, who's complicit nature (policies) in the defrauding of billions of middle class dollars, simply reinforces my point of you and the republicans being two pews in the same church.

As to your link, I'm not a subscriber to Washington Post, so I can't read it.

When you have a system of laws that are deliberately ambiguous enough to allow flexible interpretation by those who have the means to do so, they are only as perfect as the men who write them, and the interests with which they are written.

The fact that you are defending Alan Greenspan, who's complicit nature (policies) in the defrauding of billions of middle class dollars, simply reinforces my point of you and the republicans being two pews in the same church.

As to your link, I'm not a subscriber to Washington Post, so I can't read it.

I'm not defending Alan Greenspan. I'm defending rule of law against your idea of mob justice. And the GOP is fanatically devoted to upward redistribution of wealth (through deregulation, regressive income tax cuts, cuts to the safety net, and cuts to taxes on capital income and large inheritances), while I think we need the exact opposite--that we can and should completely eliminate child poverty if not all poverty through more downward redistribution, enable labor to organize more strongly, and provide stronger protections for workers, consumers, and the environment. We're not even on the same page in terms of rule of law or democracy (witness GOP attempts to suppress votes, take gerrymandering beyond previous limits, and, in the last election, essentially criminalize running against them).

The story is about how proposed cuts to SNAP will fall particularly hard on a lot of Trumpville. My expectation is that they'll be fine with it.

wow you smoked jack dead to rights.

Another glorious jack getting besmirched thread in the making. Don't worry, he'll fawn this one off like a champ.

Tempted to just ignore this childishness, but I'm curious about what you think "fawn" means.

I'm not defending Alan Greenspan. I'm defending rule of law against your idea of mob justice. And the GOP is fanatically devoted to upward redistribution of wealth (through deregulation, regressive income tax cuts, cuts to the safety net, and cuts to taxes on capital income and large inheritances), while I think we need the exact opposite--that we can and should completely eliminate child poverty if not all poverty through more downward redistribution, enable labor to organize more strongly, and provide stronger protections for workers, consumers, and the environment. We're not even on the same page in terms of rule of law or democracy (witness GOP attempts to suppress votes, take gerrymandering beyond previous limits, and, in the last election, essentially criminalize running against them).

The story is about how proposed cuts to SNAP will fall particularly hard on a lot of Trumpville. My expectation is that they'll be fine with it.

Tempted to just ignore this childishness, but I'm curious about what you think "fawn" means.
Oh jack I love you brother but....

A reminder for those who forgot or for many that didn’t know:
Here is what will happen on January 1, 2016:

Top Income Tax bracket went from 35% to 39.6%

Top Income Payroll Tax went from 37.4% to 52.2%

Capital Gains Tax went from 15% to 28%

Dividend Tax went from 15% to 39.6%

Estate Tax went from 0% to 55%

Remember this fact:

These taxes were all passed only with democrat votes, no republicans voted for these taxes.

These taxes were all passed under the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare. If you think that it is important that everyone in the U.S. should know this, pass it on. If not, then delete it.

9ebdz.jpg

hey another why i ahte trump thread
haven't seen one of these in .23986562308946-389273=57=4350975382834-85 seconds

I wasn't talking about mob justice, I was speaking more to the fact the "the law" most certainly does not apply equally to all people, and certainly can be instituted to favor one group over another. Tax legislation being the first and most obvious example to come to mind.

As to SNAP and Trump, I'm not defending one party or another. I'm saying they are essentially the same, minus the smokescreen that is meant to ruffle the feathers of the middle class.

How is Trumps's cut to SNAP (as a Republican) any different than Obama (as a Democrat) signing into legislation a cut of $8.7 billion in food stamps?

I wasn't talking about mob justice, I was speaking more to the fact the "the law" most certainly does not apply equally to all people, and certainly can be instituted to favor one group over another. Tax legislation being the first and most obvious example to come to mind.

You talked about wanting to put someone in jail with no specific crime alleged. I criticized that, discussing rule of law, and you tried to draw conclusions about my alleged defense of that person.

As to SNAP and Trump, I'm not defending one party or another. I'm saying they are essentially the same, minus the smokescreen that is meant to ruffle the feathers of the middle class.

Sure, and I'm saying that to people who care about whether, for example, poor kids can eat (and many other issues), there is a huge difference. If those things don't matter to you as much as ... well, whatever your pet issues are (don't know what they'd be), then you'll have a different perspective.

How is Trumps's cut to SNAP (as a Republican) any different than Obama (as a Democrat) signing into legislation the 2014 Farm Bill which cut $8.7 Billion dollars in food stamps?

Well, for one thing, $150B is a much higher number than $8.7B. For another, Obama signed the cuts to a loophole in the SNAP rules as part of a compromise with Republicans who wanted much larger cuts, yet another example of how the parties are very different if you care about child poverty.

You talked about wanting to put someone in jail with no specific crime alleged. I criticized that, discussing rule of law, and you tried to draw conclusions about my alleged defense of that person.

You defended a person who committed a moral atrocity, or at the very least knowingly allowed it to occur as a result of his own policy, by introducing a rule of law argument.

In light of the fact that you quoted, and responded, to the portion of my original post that stated "I see a recurring theme with most all Presidents: the preservation of state power to limit the egalitarian effects of democracy, and, most importantly, the rampant protection of capital accumulation at any cost for a privileged few.", I direct you to the underlined portion and would like to emphasize that you have made a case where state power protected someone who essentially comitted theft, by virtue of ambiguous sophistication.

Sure, and I'm saying that to people who care about whether, for example, poor kids can eat (and many other issues), there is a huge difference. If those things don't matter to you as much as ... well, whatever your pet issues are (don't know what they'd be), then you'll have a different perspective.

If you cared about whether poor kids could eat, you might be more concerned that huge sums of money could be allocated to such if we weren't paying for things like bailouts, wars, wars on drugs, your buddy Alan Greenspan (even though he didn't break the law ;)), a military-industrial complex, etc. - all of which are propagated by both Democrats and Republicans alike. Instead, you are happy to squabble over the crumbs that they patronize you with.

Well, for one thing, $150B is a much higher number than $8.7B. For another, Obama signed the cuts to a loophole in the SNAP rules as part of a compromise with Republicans who wanted much larger cuts, yet another example of how the parties are very different if you care about child poverty.

See the last sentence in response directly above.

Last edited:
Trump is a bootlicking do-nothing-bitch of a coward.

Back