The racial discourse in the War Room is truly shocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in the War Room open advocate the viewpoint that non-whites are genetically inferior. I've seen it plenty. It's not simply a matter of having opposing beliefs.

My whole problem with it is that they killed the OT because, "Sherdog is so mainstream now." Yet they allow those opinions in the War Room.

P.S. - We killed the OT due to people being incorrigible dickheads and a site used to drive business's management got tired of the myriad of never-ending Niagara Falls barrages of complaints coming our way.

This is a private site, not everyone's personal sounding-board. Despite modern coddled (or neglected) people's response to any criticism of behavior, no one here is completely free to say and behave however they like.

Interesting post. What you have to keep in mind is what influences you may not influence a majority. You think the (abolish the inheritance tax) crowd is trying to reach those who've read Adam Smith?
Alternatively.

I don't mind the racism. I'm actually kind of fascinated by it. But as mentioned by someone else what bothers me is how the racists are such cowards to even admit it.

I don't live with people that are, "like me on the outside" or in an area mostly populated by people that are "like me on the outside".
You live in a society that has been built and mostly populated by caucasians, and you do this by choice. That's your preference. If you lived in a foreign country and among a different race, you'd be most comfortable there among caucasians. You probably would try and explain that away too. Still it would be your choice and everyone would not only see it and think that it is natural as well.

The funny thing is that not only do you think doing so is racist, you are also hellbent on denying that it is what you prefer, while what you really do continues to prove you wrong.

Another real world example: everywhere blacks rather hobnob with other blacks and the japanese with other japanese, no matter where they live. This is a fact and rather hard not to notice. Do you think their preference is racist, or is your concept of racism reserved for caucasians only?

The thing is, that unlike you, I don't judge people by their opinions or preferences. I see the need for that only when they do something wrong. Choosing who you want to live among and spend your time with, and others' right to do the same, while resulting in more homogenous groups than you'd for some reason wish, is not wrong. It is not hate. It has nothing at all to do with racism.

You live in a society that has been built and mostly populated by caucasians, and you do this by choice. That's your preference. If you lived in a foreign country and among a different race, you'd be most comfortable there among caucasians. You probably would try and explain that away too. Still it would be your choice and everyone would not only see it and think that it is natural as well.

The funny thing is that not only do you think doing so is racist, you are also hellbent on denying that it is what you prefer, while what you really do continues to prove you wrong.

Another real world example: everywhere blacks rather hobnob with other blacks and the japanese with other japanese, no matter where they live. This is a fact and rather hard not to notice. Do you think their preference is racist, or is your concept of racism reserved for caucasians only?

The thing is, that unlike you, I don't judge people by their opinions or preferences. I see the need for that only when they do something wrong. Choosing who you want to live among and spend your time with, and others' right to do the same, while resulting in more homogenous groups than you'd for some reason wish, is not wrong. It is not hate. It has nothing at all to do with racism.

Hah! So living in Australia is proof that I really prefer to live amongst caucasians and I'm most comfortable amongst caucasians, even though I actually don't live and work amongst caucasians? Even though my own immediate family isn't made up of caucasians? :icon_lol:

Give it up. I completely believe that you are expressing how you feel, but not everyone is uncomfortable living with people of a different race.
People do in fact like to live amongst other races and cultures. Some even go as far as to prefer a race or culture other than what was theirs by birth.

As for having nothing to do with racism... you jumped into this thread about how outright racist posting is now being tolerated in the war room with "antiracism is war against reality" and proceeded to say that really everyone prefers people that look like them. If that isn't a half arsed justification of racism then I don't know why you posted it.
It's hilarious that you'd go to such an extent to defend racism, even denying that some people are perfectly ok with people of other races, and yet still assert that you aren't racist and that this has nothing to do with racism... :icon_lol:

Hah! So living in Australia is proof that I really prefer to live amongst caucasians and I'm most comfortable amongst caucasians, even though I actually don't live and work amongst caucasians? Even though my own immediate family isn't made up of caucasians? :icon_lol:
Exactly.

I completely believe that you are expressing how you feel, but not everyone is uncomfortable living with people of a different race.
I never said they were. I said they preferred their own, all else being equal. That's a different thing.

People do in fact like to live amongst other races and cultures. Some even go as far as to prefer a race or culture other than what was theirs by birth.
If true, it is rare enough to be statistically negligible.

As for having nothing to do with racism... you jumped into this thread about how outright racist posting is now being tolerated in the war room with "antiracism is war against reality" and proceeded to say that really everyone prefers people that look like them. If that isn't a half arsed justification of racism then I don't know why you posted it.
Because there are practically zero antiracists that do not believe preferring your own is not racist. They can not imagine any other reason for that than hate and fear of the other. Loving your own is a concept totally alien to them. Antiracists do not fight racism these days at all, they fight against white people.

P.S. - We killed the OT due to people being incorrigible dickheads and a site used to drive business's management got tired of the myriad of never-ending Niagara Falls barrages of complaints coming our way.

This is a private site, not everyone's personal sounding-board. Despite modern coddled (or neglected) people's response to any criticism of behavior, no one here is completely free to say and behave however they like.

So how do you explain the War Room?

And why should that viewpoint not be allowed to be discussed? If they are being civil, backing up their arguments, etc..., then I see no reason mods should interfere.

Just because something is unfashionable, or politically incorrect, doesn't mean it is necessarily wrong. Blacks may actually be genetically "inferior", or they may not be. We will never know if we no one is allowed to discuss it.

Stop trying to silence every opinion that isn't yours. If you were alive in the 1930's on newspaper Sherdog, you'd be saying the paper should ban any articles about racial integration, since it is was an unpopular opinion.

It's not only an invalid viewpoint because scientific research has proven otherwise. It's also a call back to the exact viewpoint expressed by Hitler and his myriad of scientists he had working to try and prove that non ariyans were inferior, to no avail might I add. The fact that you would even entertain the idea, not to mention that you suggested "blacks," when I only mentioned minorities, speaks volumes about you.

That shit shouldn't be allowed in any reasonable discussion. It's a viewpoint the same way saying gravity was invented by the Jews, to get us to drop all our change, is a viewpoint.

It's not only an invalid viewpoint because scientific research has proven otherwise. It's also a call back to the exact viewpoint expressed by Hitler and his myriad of scientists he had working to try and prove that non ariyans were inferior, to no avail might I add. The fact that you would even entertain the idea, not to mention that you suggested "blacks," when I only mentioned minorities, speaks volumes about you.

That shit shouldn't be allowed in any reasonable discussion. It's a viewpoint the same way saying gravity was invented by the Jews, to get us to drop all our change, is a viewpoint.

The science of race (i.e. physical anthropology) was "proven" false by cultural anthropology the same way the science of genetics was "proven" false by lysenkoism in the Soviet Union. The S.Union also had a portion of the population who mindlessly believed prevailing dogma no matter how absurd, who delighted in persecuting enemies of the people such as real scientists.

Oh, look at that, you brought up Hitler and the Nazis. Of course you did. If the dreaded Nazis believed it then it's obviously wrong, dontcha know. That right there shows your quality of mind.

The science of race (i.e. physical anthropology) was "proven" false by cultural anthropology the same way the science of genetics was "proven" false by lysenkoism in the Soviet Union. The S.Union also had a portion of the population who mindlessly believed prevailing dogma no matter how absurd, who delighted in persecuting enemies of the people such as real scientists.

Oh, look at that, you brought up Hitler and the Nazis. Of course you did. If the dreaded Nazis believed it then it's obviously wrong, dontcha know. That right there shows your quality of mind.

Ok. This is what I mean, Sherdog admins. If you are at all concerned with public perception of this site, this kind of shit will not be tolerated. Thanks for making my point.

I've been on Sherdog for a while and although i don't post as much as I used to I do lurk and I've never seen outright racism tolerated here like it has been over the last year or so.

As someone who has personally benefited from the discussions on this board I sincerely hope that the moderation here gets this under control some time soon...

we can't see every post on the site. If there's any racism on the site make sure to hit the report button and the user will be banned or dubbed.

we can't see every post on the site. If there's any racism on the site make sure to hit the report button and the user will be banned or dubbed.

Oh come on. All you have to do is click on any thread in the War Rooom. And I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to say what they're saying. All I am saying is that if the OT is shut down due to concerns about going mainstream and how the site will be perceived, then the War Room definitely needs some more stringent regulation.
I never really posted in the OT after 2006 or so. So I don't really have a dog in this fight. Just pointing something out.

Only racism I see are anti-whites.

Let us assume that you are not trolling. Racism against whites, though not steeped in hundreds of years of oppression at the hands of other people, as it is for any non-whites in western countries, should also not be tolerated.

like Bam said on page 2, if we popped every person who said something shitty, theyre be a dozen posters left. but to be fair, we cant catch everything. but most of us try to moderate and handle any shit like outright racism. if you see it, report. nobody knows. and theres no place for that shit.

oh and what Sho said a couple posts up. I didn't read this whole thread.

Racism today means prejudice plus power, that means its impossible to be racist against whites, their ineffible whiteness oppresses NAMs everywhere by their mere existence. White privilege is the original sin of whites, it is something none of them can escape no matter what, they can't help but be in superior positions to persons of color.

False. If you think a person is inferior and thus, should be treated as inferior because they are white, then you are racist against white people. Doesn't matter what the political or power structure are, hate is not determined merely by socio-economics.

I'm white and I don't have a single fuck to give if someone is racist against white people. Grew up around black people and was called every racist term for white people in the book.

Cracker, honkey, white bread, etc... Doesn't affect me one bit and I wish other races felt the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back