The race to 3 belts

The BJ Penn could have been FW, LW and WW champion
tumblr_ojvkc24eLX1r7vh24o1_540.gif

Narp

Tj Dillashaw.

Oh wait...HOLLOWAY WOULD USE HIS HEAD AS A PINATA.

TJ could as could GSP.

I think TJ could beat Cejudo... Then a shot at 145 after Holloway Moves up ..Possible.

GSP. at 155 Possible. Lately GSP looks Leaner and Thinner. I think he is getting ready. HE looks smaller than when he fought at 170.

IF Holloway moved up to 155 and won championship?? fight GSP...?? Jezuus I'd like to see that.

Prediction.. GSP fights winner of Khabib and Conor. and WINS.....Holloway calls out GSP.??? grin.

TJ makes a run at Cejudo but gets wrestleFUKD... Cejudo gets beat by MM in rematch... TJ tries again and Loses again... at 135 I lean towards TJ .Used to be a 50/50.. but I think he is too smart to discount at all. IF he can make 125 and be as strong and NOT WEAK... then Hot Damn.... He will be a two class champ.. 3..?? Much harder

Dillashaw would have been a good pick if MM hadn’t ducked him

MM didn't duck...He just played chicken with Dana for more $$$$

He lost,...Dana Lost.

WE Lost...

that said.. TIME WILL TELL... All are young. MM needs a rest to heal. I actually prefer the 170 to 125 Way over hte 185 to HW.

MM still the GOAT...Until GSP wins 3rd title.

TJ Dillashaw will get the 125 belt soon.

I see Max moving up to 155 and Ortega will as eventually. TJ Dillashaw will contend for the 145 title. Hes too skillfull not to be atleast top 5. Whether he gets it done is a whole different matter.

Conor has the height and reach to trouble Woodley, but I dont see him coming close to beating TILL or Usman.

GSP is the most realistic guy to get it done. But even then, Khabib is a monster at LW.

GSP is the most realistic guy to get it done.
Lolno. Call me delusional, but GSP will never beat Khabib. When it comes to wrestling and groundwork in general, Khabib has the same gnp from standing in opponent's guard method as GSP, except he has superior top control and better overall takedowns as well as better (half) guard passes due to his use of tripod passes. Khabib's clinch takedowns are second to none as well due to his sambo background on top of his wrestling. GSP can, of course, outstrike him, but no way this fight stays on the feet. The moment GSP tries to wrestle with Khabib, he is going to be outmatched, since Khabib has more tools to score takedowns (single/double legs, sambo trips and throws from the clinch, takedowns against the cage), has superior top control, superior guard passes AND superior (or at the very least equivalent GnP). I'm not taking into account submissions, because neither fighter is likely to get subbed.

GSP & McG are the only 2 in that race at the moment.
This and IMO St.Pierre is the only realistic pick. He lost weight due to colitis and might make 155 while still be able to perform.
Conor had a lot of trouble with an average ww in Nate Diaz and I know that styles make fights, but I think he would have a lot of problems with whoever the ww champion is well.

TJ could do it if he gets the right moment and there isn't a guy around 6 foot holding the FW belt. I feel like the reach advantage some guys would have is simply too much to overcome even if they're slightly worse than TJ as fighters.

Holloway, if he gets his current issues together, could potentially win at LW and WW. Zabit is still young, long and talented but he needs his first title before we talk about 3 belts anyway. I could also see Adesanya and Costa moving up twice eventually - they're young and big dudes.

Is there anyone besides gsp with a possibility for this?

Conor has two, FW and LW, would have to beat Kahib and try for 170, will or would he do it?

Dc has LhW and Hw, I can’t fathomably see him trying to cut to 85, so he’s out.

George has 170,185 and wants 155.

They should let him do it, no one else in history of UFC has ever accomplished this, and maybe no one ever will.

Kahib would have had to have started at fw like Conor, no way he could get to 170, then 185 after.

Woodley can’t cut to 55, he could perceivably try for 85, but I think he’s just too small.

Gsp at 185 size looked two damn weight classes bigger than Woodley when next to each other.

BJ penn could have, he could have gotten 55/70 then depending on the champ at the time done 85. He fought machida for instance. Who became the 205 champ.

Will anyone ever succeed in this in the UFC, and do you think more people will try for these types of accomplishments in the future?
I was hoping Conor would challenge for the WW title, but I'll be just as happy to see gsp go after lw. At least gsp isn't holding up any divisions.

Conor and GSP are obvious favorites just because they already have 2. DC would be too if there were any chance of him making 185, but there isn't.

After them, I'd say Dillashaw and Holloway are the most likely, though ofc they're longshots.

GSP & McG are the only 2 in that race at the moment.

I don't count McG. Never defended FW title and got TS against a champ with 0 defenses as well. It's like winning two random fights against top fighters. The only simultainously two weight champ I count so far is DC.

Only GSP, now. McGregor only has a puncher's chance, with whoever is the current WW champion at the time that he's given the title shot. At one point, BJ could have won the FW title. BJ actually deserved at shot at GSP's WW title for beating hughes, giving GSP a close fight and cleaning out the LW division. McGregor didn't deserve it, at all.

I still wouldn't be at all surprised if Conor beats Khabib he'd go right after Woodley if he's still champ.

Although picture this.

Conor beats GSP after Khabib, making him the lineal champion(kinda) at FW, LW, WW & MW....

<DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa>

Nobody we know right now. Conor won't win at 170 title fight if that happens, GSP can't get down to 155, DC has chosen his fate and will retire next year.

PS Conor won't even get past Khabib, let alone a 170 lb title

Career wise outside the UFC you could argue Hendo, I mean I think the Nog decision was BS but arguably winning the RINGS King of Kings event in 99 was the most prestigious HW championship at the time.

Apart from Conor and GSP, Till might have a shot. He is massive for WW and has a shot to get the belt and move up to his natural class of 185 and can be competing there right away and maybe after a few years of bulking up he would be big enough for LHW.

The race to 3 meaningless belts, because all of them will have 0 defenses, you mean? A dominant champion in a single weightclass with many belt defenses > someone who grabs multiple belts and puts divisions in jeopardy, because he refuses to defend them for one reason or another. Fighters do this kind of nonsense, because of public perception and opinion (mostly held by casual retards) that a fighter with multiple belts is better than the one with a single belt. People need to start calling out these "champions" on their bullshit and demand they actually defend their belts for the situation to change. The public perception of a multiple belt holder needs to shift if people want more stability and order in division rankings.

I agree with that on principle in most situations. A long reigning champion in the same class does take something special, more so than grabbing an opportunistic belt in another class because stylistically the current champ is there for the taking.

But with gsp it’s a little different, he was the long reigning champ at 170 for so long he got bored and lost his drive and his performances suffered. While he wasn’t “losing” he wasn’t really winning either.

No longer was he the killer finisher he once was and can still be, he proved that with bisping. At 185 he came off the couch fresh and finished a notoriously hard to finish (overall career wise) bisping.

Proving with proper motivation he could still be that guy we all saw coming up who finished almost everysingle opponent until the defenses started wearing on his mentality.

With Conor I do think he needs some defenses first before he goes for another , but with his mindset I think he will try to figure out how to accomplish it. He brags about “ champ champ”. But that’s becoming not so rare anymore.

There are currently two other fighters with belts in two weighclasses. Dc and St Pierre.

So it is standing out less and less, and when you add in the others of the past gets watered down more and more. (Bj,Couture)

I think that’s George’s only motivation left to fight now is one more other weight class belt, without that I think he’d rather just stay on the couch.

He’s already reigned over 170 for so long it ruined him, nothing left there for him.

Unless someone came into there and was just and indestructible destroyer and threatened his 170 legacy. But woodleys boring ass sure isn’t it.

MM didn't duck...He just played chicken with Dana for more $$$$

He lost,...Dana Lost.

WE Lost...

that said.. TIME WILL TELL... All are young. MM needs a rest to heal. I actually prefer the 170 to 125 Way over hte 185 to HW.

MM still the GOAT...Until GSP wins 3rd title.

The only problem is he fought on the same card tj did against someone else for less money.

Tj wasn’t asking him to come up, he was going down to him.

If you are holding the belt, and someone challenges you for your belt and you say only for x dollars, then fight someone else for less, that’s the definition of ducking my friend.

Back