The Proganda thread: warning lots of UFC stuff

It's Connor vs Alvarez

Who else an headline ?

Anyone else will be lackluster

I think Conor takes it, although I don't think he deserves a title shot after going 1-1 against Diaz where he barely won the second time. Guy like Khabib and Ferguson would eat him alive imo and maybe Barboza too.

Three title fights on tap, can't ask for much more than that. Some compelling match ups. Another million plus ppv likely.

Although the UFC made the right choice in putting Connor v Alvarez goes
To show the lack of respect for the belt and it's diminishing prestige

Punk vs Rogan *fingers crossed*
That would outsell both McG/Diaz matches combined...
Rogan sometimes having comedy specials, and being the face of UFC, but many casuals will go like "the fear factor guy will really fight the WWE star for real?!!!!"
Remmember that Miky Gall is literally a nobody and still is with his minimal tiny record.
But yeah, Rogans Tae Kwan do championships, kickboxing matches, and 10th planet BJJ black belt etc will destroy Punk.
Hell if Rogan puts in a full camp right now and debuted against Miky, Gall would get salughter-raped(mostly cause of weight advantage tho).

Conor vs Eddie it is, confirmed. Conor gets to keep his FW title. Eddie gonna wrestle fuck him.
Won't that make it a year without even fighting at FW for Conor? First it was the bogus interim title they gave him and now not stripping him for inactivity. He's holding the division hostage.

Although the UFC made the right choice in putting Connor v Alvarez goes
To show the lack of respect for the belt and it's diminishing prestige
It really seems like their money makers get interim belts just to sell more PPV's. The Jones interim belt wasn't even against the #1 contender.

It really seems like their money makers get interim belts just to sell more PPV's. The Jones interim belt wasn't even against the #1 contender.
Big belts mean almost nothing in the UFC funny how it's seems it's starting to go the same route as it's parent sport .

History repeats itself

Anyhoo this fight should do at least 2 million anything lower means it's not as big as we thought

If he does do you feel Connor loses some
Star power
Depends on how he loses, if it's a boring fight where he gets dominated then yes. Part of Conor's appeal is that he's always in exciting fights.

Won't that make it a year without even fighting at FW for Conor? First it was the bogus interim title they gave him and now not stripping him for inactivity. He's holding the division hostage.
Yep, been since last December. Aldo had two stints of over a year where he didn't defend the belt due to injuries. I would bet that if he wins the lw title that he vacates the fw title, if he loses he will keep the fw title and go back down. It's a win win for him and they are letting him do whatever he wants.

Big belts mean almost nothing in the UFC funny how it's seems it's starting to go the same route as it's parent sport .

History repeats itself

Anyhoo this fight should do at least 2 million anything lower means it's not as big as we thought
Why would it do two million? Eddie is not a big name to casuals only hardcore fans know about him and he's not great at selling fights, it will do 1-1.2 million probably. You're putting the bar way too high based on who is involved. Now if it was Conor vs Diaz 3 then yes I think it could do 2 million buys.

Last edited:

History repeats itself

2 million??? I see this event doing about 150k. Anything more would be a great success... :p

Back