The Proganda thread: warning lots of UFC stuff

I dunno that's just what I read in the article. Conor made about the same for the first fight supposedly. This one seems like it sold just as well if not better, we will have to wait and see.

yea, those numbers definitely seem inflated...

I mean, I was kinda shocked that Nate Diaz was reported to have received 2 million.

yea, those numbers definitely seem inflated...

I mean, I was kinda shocked that Nate Diaz was reported to have received 2 million.

He made way more than that with bonuses and ppv. I'm glad to see the reported guarantees going up though, that's a good sign.

I dunno that's just what I read in the article. Conor made about the same for the first fight supposedly. This one seems like it sold just as well if not better, we will have to wait and see.
Well forbes had Conor making 18 million in 12 months which included the Aldo fight, Nate fight and one other. So it does seem inflated, to me. Not that it matters anyway lol, its a nice big payday.

Well forbes had Conor making 18 million in 12 months which included the Aldo fight, Nate fight and one other. So it does seem inflated, to me. Not that it matters anyway lol, its a nice big payday.

I thought it was 22 million estimated? Not sure how they even got those numbers because they don't report them but maybe they have a source?

Yeah 4 million was from endorsements.

Yeah I'm not sure where they got those numbers. Would be curious to know since they aren't a public company. Glad to see the money go up either way, great for the fighters. Get that union in there and they will get their fair share of the pie, tv rights deal, ppv's, etc.

I call bullshit on that, but im guessing lol. How do they know? Didnt you say Conor got 3 mil purse and Nate 2? So that means Conor is getting 12 million from PPV buys and we dont even know how many PPVs it did. The last PPVs Conor did got huge numbers and he didnt get anywhere near that amount, sounds like shite to me.

Yahoo used a "according to..." when bringing up those numbers and then linked to some site that I'm guessing nobody on here has ever heard of before. The site linked to is apparently somebody's blog.

Funny, you didn't say anything to Canelo when he sung it's praises.
Once is cool even twice but when you use it like some brainwashing tactic well enough said .
Enjoy all combat sports

Yahoo used a "according to..." when bringing up those numbers and then linked to some site that I'm guessing nobody on here has ever heard of before. The site linked to is apparently somebody's blog.
Lol

Clarissa Shields might be the next Mrs Ali

Already securing movie deals

Boxing promoters were watching this strong woman here in Rio. It's possible they'll make her an offer to turn pro. Universal Pictures has bought the rights to make a feature filmbased on her life story

Once is cool even twice but when you use it like some brainwashing tactic well enough said .
Enjoy all combat sports

Umm no, I shit all over UFC 200 and said it was a major let down for the sport, I also said that UFC 201 was a terrible ppv card on paper. You pick and choose what you want though.

Roman hopes Corona venue brings championship success

It’s become a summer tradition for Thompson Boxing Promotions to hold boxing events outdoors in the city of Corona. And, an unexpected side effect has been introducing fight fans to future world champions.

So, who will be the next future world champion to perform at this venue?

Danny Roman (19-2-1) defends the NABA super bantamweight title against savvy veteran Enrique Quevedo (16-7-1) on Friday Aug. 26, at Omega Products International. It’s a venue owned by Ken Thompson who also heads Thompson Boxing.

In the past, a gaggle of future world champions performed at the outdoor venue that holds about 1,200 fans. At the time they were usually unknown and unheralded. But after fighting at Omega Products International, they all busted out toward better world class feats.

Former super lightweight and welterweight world titlist Tim “Desert Storm” Bradley fought five times at the outdoor venue, including his pro debut. It’s where fans first got a glimpse at the Palm Springs fighter with lightning reflexes and a big heart.

In Bradley’s fifth fight at Omega he fought little known Miguel Vazquez of Mexico and defeated him by decision in a remarkable display of boxing. Vazquez had lost only one time prior to their meeting and that was to current Mexican superstar Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. Vazquez would go on to win the WBC lightweight world title and defend it six consecutive times.

Another to appear at Omega was Russia’s Ruslan Provodnikov, who fought and defeated Riverside’s Jose Reynoso in 2012 before winning the world title a year later.

Colombia’s Yonnhy Perez fought there twice under the Thompson Boxing banner before fighting and winning the bantamweight world title in 2009.

Female world champions have also stepped inside the boxing ring at Omega.

http://m.pe.com/articles/world-811375-boxing-omega.html

No numbers yet for Darren Rovell of ESPN said UFC 202 is already trending 3rd highest PPV.

I said it would do around 1.2 - 1.3 million so it should be around there

5 of the last 10 UFC PPVs did over a million. UFC is officially mainstream and Conor is fucking huge. First time I hear about Conor literally everywhere I go.

No numbers yet for Darren Rovell of ESPN said UFC 202 is already trending 3rd highest PPV.

I said it would do around 1.2 - 1.3 million so it should be around there

5 of the last 10 UFC PPVs did over a million. UFC is officially mainstream and Conor is fucking huge. First time I hear about Conor literally everywhere I go.

Still dont think it will break UFC 200 numbers

That first fight was carried by Holmes/Tate too. Even after losing, Holmes had giant ratings on Fox which proves that she was still a huge draw back then.

I think right at 1 million is a safe bet, wouldnt be surprised if it was 800k or 900k.
Sure you did lol

a triple g fight maybe ?

@Marc A

Why do you keep spamming the thread with boxing news? It's not relevant to the thread.

Back