The Proganda thread: warning lots of UFC stuff

"I didn't even see it, I heard that he put his hands on the referee. Done," White said. "I didn't think about it, I didn't ask anybody, as soon as I heard he put his hands on a referee, he's done."

"I don't have to look at it. You touched the referee, you're done. Over," White said. "That's actually worse than what Daley did to Koscheck and he punched him in the face, but they're fighters. You don't put your hands on the referee ever. I don't care how mad you are, how upset you are. What this kid did, you don't touch a referee ever. Unforgivable. Never come back. Ever."

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...e-commission-will-bury-wanderlei-silva-061214

That's Dana speaking about the Jason High situation and saying that anybody who touches a referee is "done" in the UFC. "Over". "Never come back. Ever". Unless your a big fat white guy with a bit of a fanbase like Roy Nelson that is. Such garbage.

Credit to @Queen B for finding this little gem;

No need for the UFC to fret, though, since apx 800 million of those social media impressions were specific to Poland.

@LogicalInsanity The problem is not physical ability, it's know-how and experience. Imagine Conor McGregor infighting with a guy like Rios. He'd be lost, and he'd get caught some brutal shots because of it, the kind of shots that he really has never dealt with. He just doesn't have the thousands of hours of experience in those situations that these boxers have.

Conor is a really talented fighter, it's no insult to him. But think about what Eddie Alvarez is. He's a great wrestler-meathead who can throw mostly-coordinated punches. He can't box, he can punch. He does not recognize what he's being set-up for, he does not think multiple steps ahead, he just punches people. The dude is in no way shape or form prepared to strike with a guy like Conor. I would argue that the large gap between Conor and Eddie also exists between Conor and any professional boxer that is worth a damn.

Who's the best boxer that Conor has faced, Diaz? Diaz is very amateurish in his skillset, and Conor outboxed him for the most part, but he still knocked Conor out in that first fight. Yes, I know he was choked, but he was choked because Nate hurt him bad on the feet with a basic 1-2 and Conor wanted no more. Conor took it to the mat with tweetie birds circling his head. There were even times he was getting knocked around by Chad Mendes, a 5'5 muscle-stump wrestler.

I think Conor has shown improvement since then. But enough to say he could compete well right now with decent professional boxers? Let alone, Floyd Mayweather? It's all absurd.

A funny thing to think about. If we were to match Conor against a top level boxer of his actual size and age, we'd be putting him in the ring with Canelo Alvarez.

I agree with this for the most part, except for the fact that Alvarez has never been a great wrestler. He's a half decent offensive wrestler with very good takedown defense, but a clear level below even someone like RDA in terms offensive wrestling (Cerrone was clearly the better wrestler in their matchup).

I agree with this for the most part, except for the fact that Alvarez has never been a great wrestler. He's a half decent offensive wrestler with very good takedown defense, but a clear level below even someone like RDA in terms offensive wrestling (Cerrone was clearly the better wrestler in their matchup).

It is apparent and clear, clearly apparent, if you will, that Alvarez is a good wrestler. I don't nitpick "levels" of wrestlers, unless it is their reading levels, an area in which we should all be concerned.

I remember when RDA was better than Eddie at everything too, clearly and apparently a level above in striking as well. Then Eddie knocked RDA out in the first round.

I go up to the attic to mingle with the UFC turds up there, and I'm mostly talking about boxing/boxers. I come back down here to the living quarters to mingle with you fine gentlemen of the boxing forum, and I spend most of my time in this thread talking about UFC/MMA.

I think I may be messed up. Just a little.

"I think I may be messed up. Just a little."

Confirmed, as I've been resorted to defending Tyson up there.

Whether it be negotiated as part of the CBA between the fighters' union and the UFC, or it comes via some other means, hopefully some kind of 3rd-party mandatory contender system is put in place so some of these fighters get protected from the UFC only looking out for their best interest.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...or-conor-mcgregor-to-return-to-the-ufc-111816

Uncle Dana confirming what McGregor stated during the post-fight presser, and that he'll be waiting for the birth of his new baby before in May before fighting again. That would be 17 months after he won the FW title.

A 3rd-party system would either strip him of his FW belt or, as we see in boxing, see the mandatory challenger benefit financially in the form of a big "step aside" fee as an agreement to extend the time period for that mandatory defense to take place. Leaving it entirely up to the best interest of a promoter should not be an option at all.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...or-conor-mcgregor-to-return-to-the-ufc-111816

Uncle Dana confirming what McGregor stated during the post-fight presser, and that he'll be waiting for the birth of his new baby before in May before fighting again. That would be 17 months after he won the FW title.

A 3rd-party system would either strip him of his FW belt or, as we see in boxing, see the mandatory challenger benefit financially in the form of a big "step aside" fee as an agreement to extend the time period for that mandatory defense to take place. Leaving it entirely up to the best interest of a promoter should not be an option at all.

I think you're waiting for a bit too much. There is no chance they ever really act true to their shit.

I think you're waiting for a bit too much. There is no chance they ever really act true to their shit.

If the UFC and the fighters can't agree on bringing an independent party into it, then at least negotiate it into the UFC's championship policy once the CBA is signed. Use the current rankings system compiled by the media members if you like. Just enforce it. A 9 or 12 month mandatory period gives both the divisional champion and the UFC plenty of room to make the so-called 'money fights' or any other kind of voluntary title defense.

If the UFC and the fighters can't agree on bringing an independent party into it, then at least negotiate it into the UFC's championship policy once the CBA is signed. Use the current rankings system compiled by the media members if you like. Just enforce it. A 9 or 12 month mandatory period gives both the divisional champion and the UFC plenty of room to make the so-called 'money fights' or any other kind of voluntary title defense.

Shark, you're proposing a revolution. Which I want, but we know it. It's not happening.

Shark, you're proposing a revolution. Which I want, but we know it. It's not happening.

You're probably right, Jay. But the union is coming to fruition some time next year and hopefully this is a part of the CBA. There's obviously more non-champions than champions in the UFC that would benefit from this sort of thing and I'd assume want included, so all hope is not completely lost.

You're probably right, Jay. But the union is coming to fruition some time next year and hopefully this is a part of the CBA. There's obviously more non-champions than champions in the UFC that would benefit from this sort of thing and I'd assume want included, so all hope is not completely lost.

The right people and the right politicians would make it. It's a delicate thing. Why either of us should be responsinle for any of it is absurd. We could collecitvely write a book about this shit sport and get nothing.

Shit, who knows. I really like M.I.A.'s new stuff.

Ufc has two events today, one in Ireland and one in Brazil. Fights all day pretty much although they aren't good cards.

Back