The problem with teaching your son Jiu-Jitsu at a young age.

My only suggestion aside from holding off for a year or so is to impress upon him not to use these moves outside of training with you. Or invite his friend over and teach both of them.

I wouldn't want children in my house under any circumstances unless they were my children or their parents were there with them. I certainly wouldn't want to have other folks children over at my house, so that I can show them wrestling moves. That just opens the door for a whole lot of accusations.

You don't invite another man's small children into your house unless he or his wife is going to be there with you, or if you have several other adults from the neighborhood over at the same time. You certainly don't invite a man's children into your house if the man has not signed off on it (and you may need a literal signature at this day in age).

Don't put yourself in a situation where you'd be open to nasty accusations.

If you're going to show the neighbor boy wrestling/grappling moves, do it in the FRONT YARD on a nice well constructed mat, in view of other houses and other people. You don't invite neighbor boys into your basement to grapple with them, not unless you want to open yourself to accusations. Stay in the front yard and stay safe.

I wouldn't want children in my house under any circumstances unless they were my children or their parents were there with them. I certainly wouldn't want to have other folks children over at my house, so that I can show them wrestling moves. That just opens the door for a whole lot of accusations.

You don't invite another man's small children into your house unless he or his wife is going to be there with you, or if you have several other adults from the neighborhood over at the same time. You certainly don't invite a man's children into your house if the man has not signed off on it (and you may need a literal signature at this day in age).

Don't put yourself in a situation where you'd be open to nasty accusations.

If you're going to show the neighbor boy wrestling/grappling moves, do it in the FRONT YARD on a nice well constructed mat, in view of other houses and other people. You don't invite neighbor boys into your basement to grapple with them, not unless you want to open yourself to accusations. Stay in the front yard and stay safe.

WTF!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? You watch to much tv. But of course you don't teach the kid any moves without checking with the parents first, but the whole "nasty accusations" and being in fear of having a play date come over for you child is a bit out there.:eek:

WTF!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? You watch to much tv. But of course you don't teach the kid any moves without checking with the parents first, but the whole "nasty accusations" and being in fear of having a play date come over for you child is a bit out there.:eek:

He does have a point about having children in his basement for wrestling though.

If word gets around the neighborhood that you're wrestling with little kids in your house, particularly the dreaded basement, I can almost guarantee some busybody, probably a woman in her 40s-60s, is going to call the police and raise a ruckus over the situation.

As for TV, I might manage about two MAYBE three hours per week, if that, and it always pertains to something related to weapons or some historical battle. What constitutes "too much" TV? Do you watch too much by those standards?

There are a few problems with teaching some other guy's kids martial arts, particularly without waiver forms. The first and most obvious is that if an injury results you are in a lot of legal liability. The second is that little children often make up stories about what happened in some particular instance... If you show him a move that involves manipulation of the arm, and somebody asks "where did he touch you" he is as likely to point to his crotch as he is his arm.

They have conducted studies with psychiatrists in monitored and taped rooms, where one doctor patted a young girl on the head and then talked with her for a few minutes, when she left the room she was handed a doll by another doctor and asked "where did he touch you?" she tapped the head and then after a few seconds began to poke the crotch of the doll, over and over again, although that absolutely did not happen because the room was under video surveillance and it was being monitored by a team of doctors.

The bottom-line is that little children can and do make things up for reasons few understand. They've estimated about forty percent of all accusations of molestation/rape, made by children, are absolutely bogus. That still doesn't mean it won't ruin lives and cause huge headaches.

Anybody who invites children into their basement to wrestle is setting themselves up for a world of hurt.

You couldn't pay me to invite children into my house to train wrestling/BJJ stuff with.

It's the world we live in, don't rip on me because you don't like the reality of the situation. It's a sad and sorry reality, but it is reality all the same.

I honestly couldn’t initially tell if this thread was serious or just a running joke. Definitely had me for a minute. I mean, damn. This has been hilarious. “I told my 2-yr old not I do any subs when I’m not around,”was almost the funniest thing in this thread until some guy said, “Keep in mind, I don’t have kids but Indo have the Gracie Bullyproof DVD set.” That was when I knew this was a joke thread. Yeah, I’m slow. LOL!

Back