The problem isn't the flw division; the problem is an exceedingly boring champion

Lol this is ridiculous. It's clearly the size difference.

MM has 10000000x the jhpersonality that Fedor did, and we see the difference in that.
DJ was stupid in not fighting the bigger man in my opinion he should of been put in a situation where it looks like he can be beat ( to some extent ) kinda like Fedor was. Most of the times i disagree with Dana but on this one DJ kind of fucked up. When i originally heard about the fight with TJ i thought that would be great if they could pull it off.

Some fans are never going to root on the FLW champion, no matter what.
The bigger man willing top drain him body to make that weight limit. Instead of him going up in weight.

Pure horse shit. MM is a great, aggressive fighter. Moves forward constantly and engages the clinch better than most fighters.

The lack of any type of rival is his biggest flaw in terms of popularity.

Whenever I read "safe, boring" to describe MM, I know the poster learned everything he knows from Sherdog.

I also find it pretty funny, still after 10+ years, being an effective and safe fighter is shameful on Sherdog. I thought this was about effectively hitting without getting hit. Sherdoggers never wanted any of that nonsense. Justin Gathje is a hero because he end up with brain damage. That's what we wanna see.

Last edited:
The bigger man willing top drain him body to make that weight limit. Instead of him going up in weight.

What point are you trying to make here?

Most fans had already decided to not care about DJ well before the most recent fiasco.

Have fun with your rose-tinted glasses about Fedor, but that's how it actually went.

I forgot, Mighty Mouse always stays away from his opponents strengths, like out-striking Dodson, out-clinching Cejudo, and out-grappling Reis.

Fedor finished fights in a typical timeline to HWs, Mighty Mouse finishes fights in a typical timeline to FLWs. If you expect anything different it is a personal problem.

And comparing boxing fans to MMA fans is also a totally irrelevant. Sorry, try again.

Lol So he didn't wall and stall Dodson? He didn't lay on top of Elliot for two Rds? Who's wearing the rose colored glasses? Fedor in his prime sold out arenas and was recognized and still is recognized as a human highlight reel. Mm on the other hand is single handily responsible for the division being on life support if not freefall as we speak.

You casual soap opera loving clowns. The guy is finishing fights. Yet, he's boring ?

That doesn't even make sense.

Oh right...Unless a guy is a complete shit talking clown. He's boring.

Well done.

latest

No one wants to watch some 4'11" guy, with a boring personality, smash cans.

Lol So he didn't wall and stall Dodson? He didn't lay on top of Elliot for two Rds? Who's wearing the rose colored glasses? Fedor in his prime sold out arenas and was recognized and still is recognized as a human highlight reel. Mm on the other hand is single handily responsible for the division being on life support if not freefall as we speak.

Neither fight against Dodson had wall n' stall. DJ absolutely worked him over in the clinch in the first fight and whooped him everywhere in the second fight.

BTW, if you put DJ against the FLW versions of Choi, Rogers, and Zulu he'd have those highlights just as much.

MM is probably the best finisher in his entire weight class, and people, like you, shit on him regardless.

Fedor sold out arenas because he was a HW wrecking machine, just like MM is a FLW wrecking machine. It's clearly not personality based because Fedor is dull as a bag of rocks, and MM is fucking hysterical, thus it has to be size based.

I think DJ is fine, he's skilled, and intelligent. It's either the division or UFC's promotion of it. Most of the guys he's fought I have never heard of. All of them have decent MMA records but only like 2-3 actual fights in the UFC. Maybe it's a situation where they can't find guys that small to fight? Kind of like what's happening with HW? Bantamweight isn't much better but I think they got a little more star power in Cody, TJ. If anything it seems like they could merge those two weight classes meet halfway which would give them a little more depth. But every other weight class has a handful of dudes that could main card consistently.

Flyweight and Bantamweight are pretty shallow. The Featherweight, lighweight and welterweights are pretty stacked with tons of entertaining fights. LHW is looking thin too all they got is DC, Jones and Gustaffson. HW is looking ok, but mostly old faces.

Neither fight against Dodson had wall n' stall. DJ absolutely worked him over in the clinch in the first fight and whooped him everywhere in the second fight.

BTW, if you put DJ against the FLW versions of Choi, Rogers, and Zulu he'd have those highlights just as much.

MM is probably the best finisher in his entire weight class, and people, like you, shit on him regardless.

Fedor sold out arenas because he was a HW wrecking machine, just like MM is a FLW wrecking machine. It's clearly not personality based because Fedor is dull as a bag of rocks, and MM is fucking hysterical, thus it has to be size based.

No I think ducking Tj and a play it safe style is the reason, not size. And having he personality of a bottle of body wash. Fedor was so damn exciting his fighting style sold itself. Mm has the ufc promotion behind him, a sick win streak, a championship belt, and STILL no one cares. If he changed his style to be more of a fighter (like gaethche, Anderson, Conor, garbrandt, Romero,or dillashaw) than a play-it-safe athlete, he would have more fans. Right now he has you tho.

Back