• Thread starter Deleted member 502383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 502383

Lucha Underground?

Impact Wrestling?

NJPW?

ROH?

Lucha has it's own thing going on with the high tempo, high risk material. Impact is probably the biggest brand of he four but has a poor business model and is more miss than hit with it's use of talent. NJPW has a very limited pull outside of Japan which leaves ROH.

ROH has been around for some time and has sold out MSG and is a huge part of the All In PPV which features some of the best talent on the independent scene. It has a TV deal with Fite TV but will likely outgrow it and pursue a deal with a Spike TV or even Amazon.

Competition is long overdue and it looks just around the corner and that's a good thing for the fans and especially the talent.

ROH's parent company owns more television stations than any other corporation in the world, I doubt they'll be appearing on Amazon anytime soon

If ROH manages to come out of Wrestlemania weekend looking like the hot new thing then I think Sinclair will put some real muscle behind them
Vince scoring a few billion dollars has made people take notice that maybe theres some money in this rasslin nonsense

I was unaware of the TV stuff regarding the ROH parent company. ROH would do well to sign Kenny Omega too who has some heat behind him and is obviously a talented performer.

So long as they don't make the same mistakes Impact made with AJ Styles and put more stock into veterans and less effort into building stars, Impact really missed the bus on that one.

Omegas contract with NJPW is over before the MSG show and I think WWE will throw him all the money in the world just to have him appear at Wrestlemania that weekend instead of the MSG show

The Young Bucks contracts are up too which is quite lucky for them

No matter what side they sign with next its probably gonna be a bidding war for all 3 of them and they are gonna get monster contracts outta this situation

No matter what side they sign with next its probably gonna be a bidding war for all 3 of them and they are gonna get monster contracts outta this situation
That's a tough call for WWE. Not sure they could be a sustainable draw in the big league. Also think the hipster smarks would just gravitate to new Indy darlings so it wouldn't really damage the competition.

That's a tough call for WWE. Not sure they could be a sustainable draw in the big league. Also think the hipster smarks would just gravitate to new Indy darlings so it wouldn't really damage the competition.
Nobodys a draw in the WWE but taking away 3 of ROH/NJPW biggest stars right before their biggest and most important show ever, and also teaching them a lesson about trying to come into Vinces house uninvited, may be too smart of a business move to pass up
Its the way the WWE has operated for 35 years, sign this guy because you want him and sign that guy to keep him away from the competition

If I were a standout in the indies I wouldn't risk it. Being squashed by Roman Reigns before being wasted by Vince... I'd rather invest my energy into a project.

If I were a standout in the indies I wouldn't risk it. Being squashed by Roman Reigns before being wasted by Vince... I'd rather invest my energy into a project.
Yea I hate seeing indy guys Im a fan of go to WWE(I was devastated when they dropped the Broken Matt Hardy storyline and went back to Vince) but I cant blame guys for wanting to go after the money and fame

Yea I hate seeing indy guys Im a fan of go to WWE(I was devastated when they dropped the Broken Matt Hardy storyline and went back to Vince) but I cant blame guys for wanting to go after the money and fame

I agree about making as much money as you can. I'd like to see more done with Kevin Owens character, it's a waste making him almost a parody.

I think CM Punk is proof that MMA isn't always a viable option for those wishing to make a living after the WWE. Ever since ECW and the WCW sunk there has been nowhere to go for performers once they're finished with WWE and it's a sad thing that a simple monopoly could keep these performers back.

Is it possible that the future might be a Pro MMA Entertainment type of organization and that might be the downfall of WWE?

Imagine WWE but instead of wrestling its MMA. We will finally be able to see all our martial art movie scene fights unfold in front of us live. People will eat it up even if the outcome is already decided beforehand
The excitement from the fans will be unparalleled

Is it possible that the future might be a Pro MMA Entertainment type of organization and that might be the downfall of WWE?

Imagine WWE but instead of wrestling its MMA. We will finally be able to see all our martial art movie scene fights unfold in front of us live. People will eat it up even if the outcome is already decided beforehand

To say people will gravitate towards the real thing would be an understatement.

I don't think you mean "MMA". You mean the kind of silly shit you see in a Jackie Chan movie, which pro-wrestling already provides as best they can in live action. You're never going to see a movie-like fight scene that doesn't look incredibly fake, because they don't have trick photography, and sound effects to work with, and they have to contend with real human elements like stamina. Guys don't put on a match consisting of nonstop silky smooth jump kicks, punches, and whatever the fuck, because for it to be pulled off flawlessly(like in the movies), it takes a stupid amount of choreography for nobody to get hurt, and film tricks.

Yea Pride was pretty popular

Back