The PR Thread! II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, man. My catch is absolutely holding me back. Right after that I caught 245 easy but lost it forward. I'm hoping I can iron that out over the next couple months so I can really bring up my total.

It seems to me that you're cutting your pull a bit as well. Something to consider. But you're looking damn strong.

Benched 115kg today.

Based on my previous max of 5x105kg my predicted 1RM was 118ish.

After warm ups I creamed 110kg, got a bit ahead of myself and tried 120kg. Failed miserably. Dropped down to 115kg and creamed this. Felt as easy as the 110kg or even my 105 reps.

Then tried to go back up 117.5kg and again failed miserably. Think part of the problem with the two failed weights was my set up wasn't spot on.

Still 10kg more than i'd benched before. Should be happy I guess.

It seems to me that you're cutting your pull a bit as well. Something to consider. But you're looking damn strong.

I think you are absolutely right. I think that could help with losing the bar forward as well as it will give the bar more time to travel back and won't kick out as much. Thank you, Reverendo.

Today was a pretty good day for me. I hit a 10 lb snatch PR but my technique is still garbage. I also hit a 5 lb PR squat which is the first for me in a long time.

I wouldn't say your technique is garbage at all, but there is always room for improvement. Congrats

I wouldn't say your technique is garbage at all, but there is always room for improvement. Congrats

Thanks, man. Maybe not garbage but it definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I've clean & jerked 330 lbs but my snatch still is lagging behind so badly. Hopefully I can do something about it by the Arnold.

Are you going as a 94 or 105?? You don't look like you can make 94, jus sayin' :)

Are you going as a 94 or 105?? You don't look like you can make 94, jus sayin' :)

i like that WLing has a 94 class, I feel like thats my perfect weight and im stuck between the 198 and 220 classes in PLing

Nice job, you big bastard, you.

thanks, you medium sized bastard! :D

I hate you. Go die.

P.S. killer squats!

okay-face.jpg

thanks!!

Nice job getting the 5th rep!! Fuck yeah!!

thank you mr. c!

i told my friend (the spotter behind me) to be really careful coz i fucked up my back somehow (it feels like a disk slipped out a bit)
and after the fourth one he was like "don't do any more"
and then i was all like "I WILL!!!! aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhhhh"

and then i did it.

funny-date-girl-guy-true-story-meme.jpg

Lol I lift at 105. It works nice because I also compete at 231 for strongman.

You are right, though. There isn't a chance I'm making 94. At least making it and still being able to lift well.

Finally hit a 405 squat yesterday. Its been my goal for about a year now, i had got pretty close several times but ran into some set backs. It was pretty bad ass to get it.

It's PR season again. Recent ones:

Squat: 445 lbs x 1 (+10 lbs PR)

SOHP: 215 lbs x 1 (+5 lbs PR)

Front Squat: 235 lbs x 15 (+5 lbs PR)

I feel like it's always PR season for you Oblivian. Nice squatting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back