the perfect grappler

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
we did it for mma in the heavies but lets try this from a submission grappler stand point no gi

1. stand up takedowns- id say pablo popvitch or jake shields

2. grip wrist control- marcelo garcia

3. flexibility-bj penn.

4. pressure- fabio gurgel

5 hip movement-rafael mendes

6- guard passing - leo viera -rafa

7 half guard- jeff glover caio terra?

8 closed guard- braulio estima

9 de la riva and reverse- rafael mendes

10 base- cobrinha has crazy base due to capoeria

11 side control- jacare souze not sure on this one

12 mount - roger gracie

13 back- bruno malfacine

14 guillotines- marcelo garcia

15 head and arm chokes- rafael mendes

16 leg locks-davi ramos

Shouldn't there be less categories, so choices will be more difficult?

i guess lol idk i was bored tbh nowadays if you are 6 foot 4 at 185 pounds your a bjj god

Jake Shields for stand up takedowns... lol

Rustam Chsiev for stand up takedowns

jakres an elite wrestler he can takedown top mma guys much less some bjj guys
He is good, but not great and certainly not elite. At grappling he is among the elite.

But wrestling... no. He isn't nearly as physical as you need to be in order to become an elite wrestler.

He is good, but not great and certainly not elite. At grappling he is among the elite.

But wrestling... no. He isn't nearly as physical as you need to be in order to become an elite wrestler.
but he gets guys down he isnt very explosive but he has great drive pressure im sure he was even doing it at 185

but he gets guys down he isnt very explosive but he has great drive pressure im sure he was even doing it at 185
He does have deceptive strength, but saying he is a better wrestler than Chsiev lol. It is like saying GSP is a better wrestler than Romero, GSP is a great MMA wrestler, but Romero has internationally recognized awards in the sport of freestyle. Which Shields does not have.

Oh look, another shitty Flicker thread.
hey its the little bitch boy who got mad i shut him down with ym credent
Oh look, another shitty Flicker thread.

oh hey its the bitch boy why are you even in the grappling form no offense but i dont even consider you qualified to post on a thread i make due to you being below blue belt level

He does have deceptive strength, but saying he is a better wrestler than Chsiev lol. It is like saying GSP is a better wrestler than Romero, GSP is a great MMA wrestler, but Romero has internationally recognized awards in the sport of freestyle. Which Shields does not have.
i didnt say he was better i said he is better than 99.9% of bjj guys who try to wrestle you cant deny how many bjj guys have sucess in mma with takedowns besides maia and jacare

i didnt say he was better i said he is better than 99.9% of bjj guys who try to wrestle you cant deny how many bjj guys have sucess in mma with takedowns besides maia and jacare
Well regardless if he is better or not, I would much rather have the takedown game of Chsiev than Shields.

oh hey its the bitch boy why are you even in the grappling form no offense but i dont even consider you qualified to post on a thread i make due to you being below blue belt level
This is the grappling forum, not the BJJ forum. I'm a former collegiate wrestler and coach, but hey, good luck losing that 75 lbs before that Rizin fight you keep changing dates on.

Shields has decent wrestling but I think guys like Pena, Galvao, Barral, ect would do fine against him standing. Rustam is definately better than any of those guys.

And DDS has the best leg attacks, thats not even a question at this point.

Back