The outcome of Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather in Boxing or MMA

MysticNinjaJay

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
33F3B9F400000578-3584787-image-a-14_1462971677202.jpg

Let me start by saying that I don't think this fight is going to happen. There is just no way. The UFC will never take the risk of letting their star lose in a Boxing match and Mayweather would never fight in the UFC under MMA rules. But if Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather were to fight in Boxing and MMA what would the fights look like? In Boxing how long would the fight last? In MMA how long would the fight last? I am certain that both fighters would win in their respective sport but personally I see McGregor lasting a bit longer in the Boxing ring than Mayweather in the Octagon.

In boxing Mayweather via TKO in 2nd round.

In MMA, Mayweather via guillotine in the 1rst.

A-level athletics would prevail.

Both would be complete mismatches.

Floyd's so explosive
I bet he has bad cardio tho

McGregor by avoiding the early explosion and winning late in both

Tooe easy for Floyd, a more interesting match up is Platinum Perry vs GGG

In boxing Mayweather via TKO in 2nd round.

In MMA, Mayweather via guillotine in the 1rst.

A-level athletics would prevail.

Interesting opinion. I think McGregor could last around 5 rounds with Mayweather in Boxing but agree that he would lose and probably get knocked out.

In MMA I could see McGregor knocking out Mayweather in 1 Round with punches and kicks or taking him to the ground and pounding him out.

Mayweather by guillotine? I don't know if he even knows what it is let alone how to apply it. I'm assuming you are joking about that one.

As for A-level athletics can that be measured in an objective sense? I think at the elite level MMA fighters are every bit as athletic as elite Boxers. They are all world class athletes.

Interesting opinion. I think McGregor could last around 5 rounds with Mayweather in Boxing but agree that he would lose and probably get knocked out.

In MMA I could see McGregor knocking out Mayweather in 1 Round with punches and kicks or taking him to the ground and pounding him out.

Mayweather by guillotine? I don't know if he even knows what it is let alone how to apply it. I'm assuming you are joking about that one.

As for A-level athletics can that be measured in an objective sense? I think at the elite level MMA fighters are every bit as athletic as elite Boxers. They are all world class athletes.

the last time Mayweather KOed someone?

But Conor is just a featherweight. Floyd is a long time welterweight and Jr middleweight champ. Floyd is just too big.

33F3B9F400000578-3584787-image-a-14_1462971677202.jpg

Let me start by saying that I don't think this fight is going to happen. There is just no way. The UFC will never take the risk of letting their star lose in a Boxing match and Mayweather would never fight in the UFC under MMA rules. But if Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather were to fight in Boxing and MMA what would the fights look like? In Boxing how long would the fight last? In MMA how long would the fight last? I am certain that both fighters would win in their respective sport but personally I see McGregor lasting a bit longer in the Boxing ring than Mayweather in the Octagon.
thnh.gif

the last time Mayweather KOed someone?

Victor Ortiz in 2011. And yeah he sucker punched him but he also knocked out Ricky Hatton. You have to consider that Conor McGregor is not a professional Boxer. Mayweather has brittle hands and McGregor has a good chin but under Boxing rules McGregor would get hit A LOT and probably get knocked out. But I think he could last about 5 Rounds before that happens.

Victor Ortiz in 2011. And yeah he sucker punched him but he also knocked out Ricky Hatton. You have to consider that Conor McGregor is not a professional Boxer. Mayweather has brittle hands and McGregor has a good chin but under Boxing rules McGregor would get hit A LOT and probably get knocked out. But I think he could last about 5 Rounds before that happens.

probably not.

Mcgregor would gas and quit on his stool after 5-6 rds.

Boxing depends on Floyd's willingness to put on a show for the spectacle. Antics - flashy off the ropes bouncing defense with 1 single shot counters and then laughing at a chasing Conor would make it probably go to a lopsided decision. If Floyd's serious it shows more in number of landed shots and on Conor's face. The size difference and Conor's chin (also as the bigger man) would make it last longer than a round or two anyways. But Floyd UD or late stoppage.

MMA it depends on Conor as well. He's both impulsive and smart, so it's hard to predict if he chooses the easy route or shows his bravado to the crowd and stands with Floyd, looking to KO him with those smaller gloves. My guess is he stands for a while and eventually takes him down and subs him.

Back