The Official Sherdog Shoop Tutorial & Template Thread

On another topic, is there any way to resurrect the dead links earlier in the thread? I still suspect I take 8 hours by brute-force to do what everyone else can do in an hour.

fotoflexer.com is a web-based (no download needed) image editor which you can use to cut images out.

Added this to the first post.

On another topic, is there any way to resurrect the dead links earlier in the thread? I still suspect I take 8 hours by brute-force to do what everyone else can do in an hour.

Which links aren't working? I think I fixed everything in the first post that was broken from the forum change. And you're not alone in that feeling. I always feel like I'm taking too long to do things. Most of us are amateurs and still learning.

Is there any way to cut out a template as nice as you guys provided with Paint? WIth my limited knowledge on the subject, I've experimented with it, cutting out something "nice" took a long while and still looks miles apart quality wise than what you guys have presented.

I'm into shooping family photo's (serious stuff, like deceased family members) but it sucks if you can't even cut the template nice.

To get a smoother edge I use a "feather" edge set to 2 on my point-to-point cutting tool, then I cut just inside the lines and can later repair or clean up using the eraser tool, either in reverse to add lost image back or normally just to erase. Save as PNG to preserve transparency.

I use the Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X line of software though, not paint or PSP.

Also while I'm here, I highly recommend "instagiffer" for extracting frames from video files, as a gif. I've loaded up entire movies like Deliverance and cut sections out with relative ease.

Is there any way to cut out a template as nice as you guys provided with Paint? WIth my limited knowledge on the subject, I've experimented with it, cutting out something "nice" took a long while and still looks miles apart quality wise than what you guys have presented.

I'm into shooping family photo's (serious stuff, like deceased family members) but it sucks if you can't even cut the template nice.

Aloha brother. Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this. Are you talking about "MS Paint" or "Paint .NET"? If it's MS Paint then the answer is no way. We have a Shoop Help thread here. http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-official-sherdog-shoop-tutorial-and-q-a-thread.3085313/

Some good free software is provided in the first post by @Empty Emp

Post any tutorials, tips, or tricks related to shooping here. Feel free to create your own tutorials, post youtube videos you've found, or link any other tutorials you've found useful. You can also use this thread to ask for help if you have any questions. I'll keep everything organized in this first post as people add new tutorials.

FREE IMAGE EDITING SOFTWARE:

GIMP
GIMP is the most advanced and full-featured free image editing software.

Paint.NET
Paint.Net is more user friendly for beginners than GIMP, and can do almost everything Photoshop and GIMP can do, short of the most advanced features.

Pixlr
Pixlr is purely web-based, so there's nothing to install. I wouldn't recommend using it as your primary image editing software, but it's ok if you're on a computer that doesn't have an image editor installed or if you just want to mess around with an image editor before trying out Photoshop, GIMP or Paint.NET.

Photopea
Web based photo editor. Perhaps the best one. This is probably BWR's favorite.

FotoFlexer
Another web-based editor.

PHOTOSHOP TUTORIALS:

- How to Move Objects Less Than a Pixel in CS6 by TrainInVain
- Fade In/Out by bigwaverider
- How to Add a Gif Into Another Gif or Video by bigwaverider
- How to Make a Simple Gif by bigwaverider

GIMP TUTORIALS:

- Using Paths to Cut Out Objects in GIMP by Empty Emp
- (Un)Optimizing and Color Mode: Two Things You Should Always Do Before and After Editing Any Gif in GIMP by Empty Emp

PAINT.NET TUTORIALS:

- How to Shoop in Paint.Net by SheetsMMAfan

AFTER EFFECTS TUTORIALS:

MISCELLANEOUS TUTORIALS:

- Reverse Image Lookup by bigwaverider

SHOOP TEMPLATES:

Template sheets and zips:

how do i make a poll

Thanks @Empty Emp and @bigwaverider and all others who have contributed to this thread, keep the tuts coming fellas this is valuable material and has helped me out greatly....keep up the great work!

You're welcome brother. This thread is a bit stagnant now but things will change. Gonna try to pump this thread up a bit. I now have it set to send me an email every time someone posts. Been gone for a while and have neglected this thread. Also need to update some of my tuts to better/easier methods. Pushing for an unwritten rule where Shoop OP's should post a link to this thread as well as the The Official Shoop Template Collection Thread

82ubLWu.jpg

moq3yCb.jpg

Jmf1D0g.jpg

7ZsJlIb.jpg

FINAL OUTPUT

2DkNkQv.gif

Nice work. You taught me this a while back. First time I actually listened to you :p

Back