***The Official Sanctioned TC/Benavidez RBR Thread 10/13 ESPN 10:30 EST***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yall don't even know... She probably goes crazy on that thang.

Crawford is the man, I'm glad he finished him. I can't wait to see him with the top dogs.

I love the way Crawford knocks down shots and counters

Good boy.. no excuses

Edit .. he did mention the leg but he gave bud credit

woud like to see crawford vs Porter or Garcia next since the Spence Jr fight looks hard to match

I feel like Keef would catch Crawford with something in the middle of an exchange

Ultimately, Benavidez had nothing for that footwork and handspeed.

it's not even Crawford. When I read so many fans crying that Benavidez was ranked 30th I didn't think much of it. I am eating my own cake. What I learned about Benavidez...

1.) Basic brawler
2.) Focuses on countering as B plan, yet isn't that good at it...
3.) Horrible fundamentals at the Pro level.
4.) Posture, stance, the way he throws a shot
5.) I assumed he would look fluid like a lanky counterpart in Jessie Vargas...

What bothers me is that Benavidez's style is easily exploited by any top 147 fighter. I just don't know what it is. I've seen better fundamental from contenders like Josesito Lopez and even Jesus Soto Karass who's a stiff walking guy, but geez, even Karass has a better pedigree from his father and way better movement. Benavidez at 26, young, should be fighting FLUID. His body movement is gets stiff past 6 rounds. I guess the Herrera fight was real, now I know why they say Mauricio was robbed.

This is why I'm always criticizing Top Rank and its matchmaking. Always in-house schemes because Benavidez is Top Rank... ESPN just racking up easy wins for Bud.

Spence walks through TC's power man...

it's not even Crawford. When I read so many fans crying that Benavidez was ranked 30th I didn't think much of it. I am eating my own cake. What I learned about Benavidez...

1.) Basic brawler

What bothers me is that Benavidez's style is easily exploited by any top 147 fighter. I just don't know what it is. I've seen better fundamental from contenders like Josesito Lopez and even Jesus Soto Karass who's a stiff walking guy, but geez, even Karass has a better pedigree from his father and way better movement. Benavidez at 26, young, should be fighting FLUID. His body movement is gets stiff past 6 rounds. I guess the Herrera fight was real, now I know why they say Mauricio was robbed.
You're making excuses. Benavidez looked great in there for 6 rounds, and durable + game the next 5 or so. TC was just the better package here tonight. (Lol at basic brawler)

1.) Basic brawler

This is why I'm always criticizing Top Rank and its matchmaking. Always in-house schemes because Benavidez is Top Rank... ESPN just racking up easy wins for Bud.

Same could be said about his brother, who is #2 in his weight class

You're making excuses. Benavidez looked great in there for 6 rounds, and durable + game the next 5 or so. TC was just the better package here tonight. (Lol at basic brawler)

do you know what lunging is? Lunging shots is the worst form of fighting, and even many top boxers can lunge gracefully. Not making any excuses, I told you I'm eating my cake. When I looked at the HBO replay of Herrera vs Benavidez, Jose moves rather ''dumb...'' even Brandon Rios has better head movement in bobbing and weaving TO USE....

To put in Perspective, Spence finished Ocampo who was ranked higher and is at 154 now, who was finished in Round 1.

Same could be said about his brother, who is #2 in his weight class

hells no. Have you seen David Benavidez fight? Fluid, combination puncher, they're two completely different fighters... stop making stuff up, David Benavidez became champ at 21, younger than Munguia or Tank

1.) Basic brawler

TC/Spence needs to happen for sure. I'm not saying Crawford displayed great power. Benavidez walked through his power plenty of times early on. What makes TC/Spence compelling is not due the likelihood of an overpowering shot but to see if Crawford has the skills to outpoint Spence. I think that question is up for debate.

TC/Spence needs to happen for sure. I'm not saying Crawford displayed great power. Benavidez walked through his power plenty of times early on. What makes TC/Spence compelling is not due the likelihood of an overpowering shot but to see if Crawford has the skills to outpoint Spence. I think that question is up for debate.

fo sho! your observation is exactly what it is. for instance, it took 12 rounds of chessmatch in countershots this night. If that's the case, Bud is in a rude awakening against Spence. Spence is just as fast as Crawford the only difference is that Spence is not a combination puncher on counter attacks which is why he's more deadly. However, the power is real with Spence. Prograis moved Indongo around with a Jab on the back foot easily. I see Spence taking Crawford to deep end of the sea, rogue waves, no life vest, drowning

Good fight, the first half of the fight was REAL competitive. Benavidez made a real good account for himself, especially given his knee injury, but Crawford pulled away from him in the second half of the fight. The top fighters at 147 are going to be real tough fights for Crawford.

Back