***The Official SANCTIONED Rigo/Loma PBP Thread***

He’s not a delicate flower. He knows what he signed up for. He was outclassed , he knew it and quit.
You will see. He killed his career in that fight why? Because high level fighters do t do that.
Its common for analysts and former fighter to say similar things if a guy quits like that.
If you quit like that you are going to be called out for it.

Boxing isn’t a pc oh you tried and realized you couldn’t win so just quit.
That will never be acceptable.

and that's one of the uglier sides of boxing, that it's become acceptable for analysts to spew arrogant shit like that with no backlash.

i think kellerman is generally pretty great, but i've seen him shit on guys saying they got KO'd by someone who can't punch. who the fuck is he to say that? same thing with a dipshit like smith, saying rigo is a quitter. really? he's a quitter because he was smart enough not to get concussed by a guy who was clearly toying with him? after a lifelong career of fighting world class opposition, he's a quitter and has no heart?

and rigo didn't kill his career. he's 37. even if he won that, i couldn't imagine him having more than a couple more fights, and none of them meaningful.

OMG the amount of people running around screaming white power and the N word is ridiculous. This is the big difference. When a black fighter wins you rarely see black people running around saying racist things but its almost like in boxing because good black fighters tend (not always) to be at the top that when a white fighter like GGG, Loma or even an Asian fighter like Pacquiao comes along people really take advantage of the occasion and it can bring out some really disgusting people. Nothing wrong with supporting your countrymen but the racism needs to stop.

#sjw and/or SLWL hissyfit 101.

Don't use the comment section of YouTube as some sort of barometer that accurately reflects American sport sentiment

#sjw and/or SLWL hissyfit 101.

Don't use the comment section of YouTube as some sort of barometer that accurately reflects American sport sentiment
Here we go. This seems to be a kind of trend now days. You bring up racism you get called an sjw or a racebaiter. Now days people who bring up racism get attacked more than the racists themselves as if its some sort of strategy to intimidate you into not bringing it up because it makes people feel "uncomfortable".

It was just an observation. I wasn't saying youtube comments represents America. Racism has always existed no matter where you go but its seem to be on the rise or maybe people are just more open about it. I pay attention.

Fights were boring only fighters I was truly impressed with was Davis . Conlan I almost fell asleep

Gave this another go, I think Rigo did hurt his hand but I also think he wanted out.

Shitty.

Gave this another go, I think Rigo did hurt his hand but I also think he wanted out.

Shitty.
He let his hand, the disappointment that Loma was beating him, and the point deduction justify his getting out of the fight. I guess I shouldn't be surprised a fighter with a big reputation would deal with being on the losing end badly, but I'm just surprised he didn't have a better plan b than fouling himself out of the fight after the injury.

Back