***The Official SANCTIONED Mikey Garcia vs. Robert Easter, Jr. RBR Thread 10:00PM Showtime***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Garica vs Spence is a NO LOSE fight for micky. If he loses it will be to much bigger and stronger fighter. One who has fought at 154 and won. Spence is to just too big.

Danny, Keith, are BETTER and EVEN fights to make. Mickey is looking for a Safe Bet.
No doubt

Thurman and Garcia vs Porter winner are better fights fir Garcia

I don't even understand the Spence call out really, he's not even a money fight and he's a dangerous opponent, so it doesn't seem like a big enough reward

I don't even understand the Spence call out really, he's not even a money fight and he's a dangerous opponent, so it doesn't seem like a big enough reward

Seems like a way to duck the more realistic (and also loseable) Loma (or Manny) fights if you ask me.

Seems like a way to duck the more realistic (and also loseable) Loma (or Manny) fights if you ask me.

Possibly, but I thought it was more promoting Spence as the man at 147 since Showtime knew thered be a large viewership.

Easter should have stuck with dropping the right hands to Garcia's body if he needed to find the range and timing for it.

Mikey looked incredible tonight, great performance.

I'd really appreciate him avoiding Spence. That's a foolish fight to take, Spence beats Mikey pretty badly. Fight a top ranked lightweight, make the Beltran fight before Loma does. Whatever just don't fight Spence.

Mikey looked incredible tonight, great performance.

I'd really appreciate him avoiding Spence. That's a foolish fight to take, Spence beats Mikey pretty badly. Fight a top ranked lightweight, make the Beltran fight before Loma does. Whatever just don't fight Spence.

The Manny fight is the fight that should be made. Big money fight. Though there's a pretty decent chance he loses and losing to a 39 year old Manny is a much worse look than losing to Spence.

The Manny fight is the fight that should be made. Big money fight. Though there's a pretty decent chance he loses and losing to a 39 year old Manny is a much worse look than losing to Spence.
I'm not a fan of that either. I mean if Mikey can beat Pac great, do it and get paid

Who do y'all think would win between Mike and Spence if they were the same size though? How about Linares-Easter, who's the tougher guy in the division?

Feel bad for Razvan. When he first moved to the United States, he lived in my same apartment complex. We used to play tennis all the time. He is a real good guy. He was also trained by Jeff Mayweather, but his backers never paid Jeff so that was short lived.

Saw most of the fight. Easter actually did better in spots than I expected. Garcia looked good, but not great. His stamina and durability was fairly impressive, but I think he could have done a better job setting some of his punches up. He came up short on that right hand too much for a technician of his calibre.

The Spence callout is dumb. He should focus on Lomachenko and go from there.

easter would've had a much better chance of winning this fight if he threw a right hand after the jab every now and then. by the 3rd round, he was on his bike and throwing nothing but jabs, you can't really win a fight that way against mikey.

other than that, this went pretty much as expected. mikey moving forward and beating him up, like he always does. i think lomachenko should beat up beltran to take WBO belt, then they can make the garcia fight and unify everything. that would be sweet.

Spence is ready. He says Haymon has already talked to them both. Looks like Mikey vs Spence in November or December (lol). This better be a ploy that they're in on together. Maybe it's an attempt to increase Mikey's leverage at the table for a future Lomachenko clash or to stall for the time being. It's nonetheless entertaining.

So I was SO tired last night I watched both undercard bouts, then went to bedroom and turned on the fight in there as they were walking in. Fell asleep, then woke up to pee (don't get old, boys) and thought maybe I had just been out for a few, but then they were wrapping up the Garcia/Easter fight and spoiled it for me to boot. The doomsday scenario.

As I look through the thread, I see Broner was mentioned so I'll have to watch later. He and Easter were tight when my son would play basketball with them or whatever a couple years back. When the boy was 16. And Easter was a hell of a nice guy, funny as shit, seemed to have his head on straight, making the pairing odd.

Sounds like he (Easter) gave a good showing, though? Even if not on the scorecards. I knew Mikey was a tall order for his style and relative experience level.

Replay on Showtime right now, just FYI. Ortiz walking in.

Easter's lack of experience and rawness made for a bigger degree of separation between the two than there should've been.
Easter's jabs isn't easy to get past with a style like Garcia's, so I knew he would struggle somewhat. Garcia took points by forcing Easter to shell up into a high guard at times and therefore being on the receiving end of combinations. Don't stay on the ropes, and if you can't fight there then tie up and pivot away.
Easter seemed very receptive to feints which I don't think were employed enough by Garcia.
Mikey Garcia's career is starting to pick up now, and so is my support of him. People have nothing to lose fighting Mikey Garcia, he's one of the biggest draws under welterweight.

The Spence callout is dumb. He should focus on Lomachenko and go from there.

Yeah that's exactly what I think he should do. Mikey vs. Lomachenko would be a great fight. I'm a big Lomachenko fan but I think Mikey will give him one hell of a fight. I think it would easily be a FOTY candidate if it happens.

Back