***THE OFFICIAL SANCTIONED JOSHUA/POVETKIN RBR THREAD 9/22 1PM ET ON DAZN AND SKYSPORTS***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, my favorite just got traded to another team.
Not sure if I should like this. <Lmaoo>
I've heard about a player or two that have signed record-breaking contracts, would he be one? I'm pretty clueless here. I think I need to pick a team to root for, that'll give me an excuse to get more invested in American Football.

I remember when Henry left Arsenal for Barcelona years ago, sad times. @Chules

Pretty entertaining fight. Much better than Joshua's last fight with Parker. The fight was more competitive than I thought that it would be. I had it 3-3 going into the 7th. Even when Joshua first hurt Povetkin I thought that there was a chance that Joshua would gas and be vulnerable for the KO. Joshua seemed to pace himself well, but he still seems too big and muscular, like he's only good for two or three really aggressive exchanges and then he's done. Povetkin didn't test Joshua's endurance, but he was still able to fight him evenly up until he got caught. Good fight! Hopefully Joshua will take on the winner of Wilder and Fury next.

Not sure if I should like this. <Lmaoo>
I've heard about a player or two that have signed record-breaking contracts, would he be one? I'm pretty clueless here. I think I need to pick a team to root for, that'll give me an excuse to get more invested in American Football.

I remember when Henry left Arsenal for Barcelona years ago, sad times. @Chules
He is indeed. Highest paid ever.

OK. I knew your answer will be like this. You think Canelo is a better boxer than AJ. I don't. Can we agree to disagree. Have a good night.
In the P4P picture, Canelo clearly, CLEARLY, ranks higher than Joshua.

nah, its just age

Yes the flesh get's better with age, the softening allows for the cuisine to have more amplified taste due to the infusion of the flavors. The Slavic are beginning to be ripe for the feast...

Just saw the fight and thankfully d8d not see any spoilers.

Had it 3-3 going into the last round.

Povetkin clearly, absolutely won the first 2 rounds. Lol at some of the scores itt.

Good fight tho, and I feel Fury, and especially Wilder would beat AJ. Fun fun fight tho. AJ ate some really good shots

Very fun fight, I wonder if part of the reason the AJ bs wilder fight fight hasn’t been made yet is because Wilder is worried he will permanently hurt AJ.

It’s quite apparent that AJ is no match for Wilder, and he would probably get decisioned by the Fury that fought Wach.

Hows the DAZN stream for US residents?

Why is Fury suddenly considered some sort of gold standard, after his comeback it was basically unanimously agreed he was nowhere near ready for someone like Wilder or Joshua.

Do people seriously think he looked that good in his last outing, or is it just because he’s fighting Wilder ( it’s the Wilder thing innit )

Why is Fury suddenly considered some sort of gold standard, after his comeback it was basically unanimously agreed he was nowhere near ready for someone like Wilder or Joshua.

Do people seriously think he looked that good in his last outing, or is it just because he’s fighting Wilder ( it’s the Wilder thing innit )
Because Fury is still the guy who beat the guy, and because for the time being he has his shit together and is in shape. Remains to be seen if he will be at the level he was at previously, but being that he showed up at nearly his lightest weight ever Id say hes on track and taking it seriously.

Doesnt matter who he is fighting. These are facts. Folks need to chill with the fanboy shit. All the critics of this fight are AJ fans whod be pumping it up if it were AJ fighting Fury, just like Wilder’s fans lose their minds trying to discredit AJ. Its ridiculous.

Because Fury is still the guy who beat the guy, and because for the time being he has his shit together and is in shape. Remains to be seen if he will be at the level he was at previously, but being that he showed up at nearly his lightest weight ever Id say hes on track and taking it seriously.

Doesnt matter who he is fighting. These are facts.
Here's how it goes. If he loses to Wilder then Fury isn't as good as he used to be and Wilder gets shit for beating on fighters way past their prime, but if Fury wins then Wilder is a bum who only looked good against sub-par competition.

<seedat>

I never said AJ is better p4p than sor rungvisai or inoue or loma. He is not. But that doesn't mean he isn't the best boxer in the world. Those guys are better p4p. No doubt about it. It just feels weird to me to call Canelo or Crawford the best boxer in the world when I know AJ would knock them out with the first right hand to the body. No disrespect to any of these guys. Canelo is MW king. Loma is LW king. But AJ is right now HW king. That makes him by default best boxer in the world. And I respect your opinion if you disagree. It's just my two cents.

Here's how it goes. If he loses to Wilder then Fury isn't as good as he used to be and Wilder gets shit for beating on fighters way past their prime, but if Fury wins then Wilder is a bum who only looked good against sub-par competition.

<seedat>
Unfortunately thats how a significant portion of fans go about judging records lol. Same as how so many said Ortiz would knock him out, then just went on to claim hes a can.

Unfortunately thats how a significant portion of fans go about judging records lol. Same as how so many said Ortiz would knock him out, then just went on to claim hes a can.
they're not necessarily the same people though. the ones who claimed ortiz would knock him out crawled back into their holes and the other ones became vocal. both those groups suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back