***The Official Sanctioned GGG/Canelo II RBR Thread 9/15 HBO PPV***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been one of the bigger haters of Canelo, but I really didn't notice much size difference. Maybe a little in his shoulders and upper back, but not to much. Still think GGG is under his ghostly, souless, skin, and will win.

I also still think Canelo cheated. He took time off to recover from his knee and then rehab it, they could have done some different training to bulk him up to compensate. the fact Canelo rush across the stage to get the cameras off his bare body at the weigh in. w/e. So many factors in terms of physical appearance, that the negligibly is negligible in and of itself.

We will let the outcome of the fight determine the consensus of the cheating. GGG is even further aged. Canelo is even more within his own physical prime, his body should still be continuing to peak for another year or so.

Sherdog physiologist here

You can tell Canelo is scared & look how much shorter he is without Clen
d198bd736a1536967261_standard_desktop_medium_retina.jpeg

Vs on clen

images
LMAO, man, you come up with some gems sometimes!

Clenbuterol has been a big deal in horse racing for several decades, and there tend to be a lot of misconceptions about it.

It's popular as a bronchodilator and stimulant, meaning it's popular for use in competition. Most recent studies would suggest that sustained use (say, for use in camp in preparation for a fight) is detrimental to aerobic endurance in horses and humans. It's also good for getting fat off without losing muscle-mass (not for building muscle mass in humans or horses, though), so I could see some arguments for him using it in that fashion, but having a clenbuterol regimen that early in camp would not be particularly beneficial (and perhaps even detrimental) in my view.

https://horseracesnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/2015-01-12-HJ-clenbuterol-article.pdf\

Now, if people are suspicious of Canelo's change in physique because he entered full-time VADA testing, then I think that's reasonable (even if I think his new physique is better for his performance). I am, however, quite skeptical about a sustained clenbuterol regimen being particularly beneficial for a boxer (or that a boxer with the resources of Canelo would bother taking it when there are considerably better PEDs out there).
And with your final point it suddenly becomes a reasonable issue to think it was actually accidental? Im just asking.

And with your final point it suddenly becomes a reasonable issue to think it was actually accidental? Im just asking.

It's always been a reasonable possibility that it was accidental, especially with a substance like clenbuterol. That doesn't mean Canelo's team doesn't deserve blame, though. Any Mexican athlete, especially one who makes as much as Canelo and has as much money riding on him as Canelo, should recognize the risk of eating Mexican meat without knowing how the cattle was treated.

On another note, it's entirely possible that Canelo's team thought clenbuterol was entirely more beneficial than it actually is (horse racing is still very big in Mexico, and Canelo and his team seem to be very much in the horse business), and intended to use it to cheat without knowing its extreme limitations as a PED. There are still a lot of shitty trainers in horse racing who swear by clenbuterol doing a hell of a lot more than it actually does.

Took GGG the first time and I thought he should have gotten the nod, but I'm taking Canelo this time around. No real breakdown, just a gut feeling.

I guess I’m getting old, but it’s all going to be decided tomorrow. It doesn’t really matter what we say now.

I understand it though because I went pretty ridiculous up until Mayweather/Pacquiao, mostly just being dick-heel to Pac fans. It was fun.

It's a drug which is immediately detrimental to recovery, and therefore detrimental to the development of aerobic endurance. Training with it won't help you if you're training for a day in the future (in horses, it can be in limited amounts even in training, but for different reasons). On the other hand, it can be very beneficial to performance if taken in competition, and it's very good for losing fat while maintaining muscle mass. It is a PED in that sense, and that very well could be why Canelo was using it (to get fat off without losing muscle at the beginning of camp). It wouldn't benefit him in any other way that far outside of competition, though, so I wouldn't expect his fight night performance to suffer, unless he was using it in competition (which I can more or less guarantee he wasn't due to how tough it would be to get by the testing regime).

So either way, too much meat was the cause.

<{outtahere}>

Are we really basing size assessments on weigh ins when by definition guys are going to be a certain size? I thought Sherdog was smarter than this.

Let's compare Canelo rehydrated tomorrow with last year.
Nah, some of us prefer not rooting for drug cheats and woman beaters.
Woman beater???
He probably means Floyd because he sees that man in his sleep, but I guess the whole clen thing gave him a new injustice to obsess over. This is the same guy who was saying Jacobs was somehow cheating for cutting weight.

He probably means Floyd because he sees that man in his sleep, but I guess the whole clen thing gave him a new injustice to obsess over. This is the same guy who was saying Jacobs was somehow cheating for cutting weight.
Yep I know. I just wanted to bring it out of him...

This time tomorrow, we will have a winner. Can't wait.

It's always been a reasonable possibility that it was accidental, especially with a substance like clenbuterol. That doesn't mean Canelo's team doesn't deserve blame, though. Any Mexican athlete, especially one who makes as much as Canelo and has as much money riding on him as Canelo, should recognize the risk of eating Mexican meat without knowing how the cattle was treated.

On another note, it's entirely possible that Canelo's team thought clenbuterol was entirely more beneficial than it actually is (horse racing is still very big in Mexico, and Canelo and his team seem to be very much in the horse business), and intended to use it to cheat without knowing its extreme limitations as a PED. There are still a lot of shitty trainers in horse racing who swear by clenbuterol doing a hell of a lot more than it actually does.
It's infinitely more likely that clen was either accidental or masking something than he was outright using it as a PED imo. He's 100% on the gas though. The amount of muscle mass he was carrying for the first fight was comical. Getting slimmer will probably help him.

It's infinitely more likely that clen was either accidental or masking something than he was outright using it as a PED imo. He's 100% on the gas though. The amount of muscle mass he was carrying for the first fight was comical. Getting slimmer will probably help him.
The amount of mass looks identical to this fight.... hes probably pissing out Tren according to you lol.

Tonight the excuses won't matter anymore. But rest assured, tomorrow there will be more.

Really nice total card. O e of few boxing ppvs that's imo been put together well .

WOW! Yes I can't wait for this amazing fight! I didn't want to get too excited until the rematch was actually close by, but now we'll actually see them fight again. Go Golovkin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back