***The Official Sanctioned GGG/Canelo II RBR Thread 9/15 HBO PPV***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the rematch favors Canelo. I thought the first fight was fine being scored a draw. Triple G was a predator and forced the pace but Canelo was much crisper with his punches and had better overall effective boxing imo. I think he has less adjustments to make although i love Triple G and can see his heart being the difference if it gets ugly. Im 60/40 Canelo

No official weigh in thread?

I watched it and its like boxing is stuck in the 90's.

Hopefully GGG gets his win against the cheater who already lost.

Boxing is still corrupt as hell.

https://www.verywellfit.com/what-is-clenbuterol-3120528

Good read

PED popular among cyclists

Be careful thinking Saul can up his workrate if he’s clean. In fact, might be wise to expect the opposite

Clenbuterol has been a big deal in horse racing for several decades, and there tend to be a lot of misconceptions about it.

It's popular as a bronchodilator and stimulant, meaning it's popular for use in competition. Most recent studies would suggest that sustained use (say, for use in camp in preparation for a fight) is detrimental to aerobic endurance in horses and humans. It's also good for getting fat off without losing muscle-mass (not for building muscle mass in humans or horses, though), so I could see some arguments for him using it in that fashion, but having a clenbuterol regimen that early in camp would not be particularly beneficial (and perhaps even detrimental) in my view.

https://horseracesnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/2015-01-12-HJ-clenbuterol-article.pdf\

Now, if people are suspicious of Canelo's change in physique because he entered full-time VADA testing, then I think that's reasonable (even if I think his new physique is better for his performance). I am, however, quite skeptical about a sustained clenbuterol regimen being particularly beneficial for a boxer (or that a boxer with the resources of Canelo would bother taking it when there are considerably better PEDs out there).

Clenbuterol has been a big deal in horse racing for several decades, and there tend to be a lot of misconceptions about it.

It's popular as a bronchodilator and stimulant, meaning it's popular for use in competition. Most recent studies would suggest that sustained use (say, for use in camp in preparation for a fight) is detrimental to aerobic endurance in horses and humans. It's also good for getting fat off without losing muscle-mass (not for building muscle mass in humans or horses, though), so I could see some arguments for him using it in that fashion, but having a clenbuterol regimen that early in camp would not be particularly beneficial (and perhaps even detrimental) in my view.

https://horseracesnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/2015-01-12-HJ-clenbuterol-article.pdf\

Now, if people are suspicious of Canelo's change in physique because he entered full-time VADA testing, then I think that's reasonable (even if I think his new physique is better for his performance). I am, however, quite skeptical about a sustained clenbuterol regimen being particularly beneficial for a boxer (or that a boxer with the resources of Canelo would bother taking it when there are considerably better PEDs out there).

It’s popular among cyclists for endurance. Sustained use does have negative side effects. But I’m sure Canelo does not use it year round

There is a reason it’s particularly popular among endurance athletes.

Also, it’s obvious why an athlete would use it early in camp

Are we really basing size assessments on weigh ins when by definition guys are going to be a certain size? I thought Sherdog was smarter than this.

Let's compare Canelo rehydrated tomorrow with last year.

Youll all be welcomed back on the Canelo train when he leaves Golovkin in a heap on the mat.

Still like Golovkin tho lol.

Nah, some of us prefer not rooting for drug cheats and woman beaters.

It’s popular among cyclists for endurance. Sustained use does have negative side effects. But I’m sure Canelo does not use it year round

There is a reason it’s particularly popular among endurance athletes.

Yeah, used in competition because it's a bronchodilator and stimulant. I highly doubt any cyclists would use train year-round with it (or use it in training, at all, considering it hinders the development of aerobic endurance and recovery).

Btw .. why are we polluting the RBR thread with weigh-in drama ?

Plenty of space/pages left, latest predictions and votes, it's all good. You in tomorrow night, brother?

No official weigh in thread?

I watched it and its like boxing is stuck in the 90's.

Hopefully GGG gets his win against the cheater who already lost.

Boxing is still corrupt as hell.

Aren't you one of the clowns who thought McGregor was going to be competitive with Mayweather because he was willing to think outside the box and innovate in a sport which was poisoned by tradition?

VCv1P78.jpg

Canelo's head looks bigger in comparison to the rest of his body

I think they both look about the same. Also, doesn't Canelo have the stomach spots in each (same place?). Likely tiny cysts or scar tissue from something rather than placing shots, right?

War GGG!!!

Yeah, used in competition because it's a bronchodilator and stimulant. I highly doubt any cyclists would use train year-round with it (or use it in training, at all, considering it hinders the development of aerobic endurance and recovery).

No one would train year round with it. That’s not how PEDs work

It CAN hinder it if taken for long periods of time. All PEDs have negative effects if taken in excess

No one would train year round with it. That’s not how PEDs work

It CAN hinder it if taken for long periods of time. All PEDs have negative effects if taken in excess

It's a drug which is immediately detrimental to recovery, and therefore detrimental to the development of aerobic endurance. Training with it won't help you if you're training for a day in the future (in horses, it can be in limited amounts even in training, but for different reasons). On the other hand, it can be very beneficial to performance if taken in competition, and it's very good for losing fat while maintaining muscle mass. It is a PED in that sense, and that very well could be why Canelo was using it (to get fat off without losing muscle at the beginning of camp). It wouldn't benefit him in any other way that far outside of competition, though, so I wouldn't expect his fight night performance to suffer, unless he was using it in competition (which I can more or less guarantee he wasn't due to how tough it would be to get by the testing regime).

Weigh-In for those who haven't seen it:

We can't merge the polls, and I was unaware that this thread would be made despite the other thread on the subject already out there and heavily discussed. I understand why there's a discussion thread about the upcoming fight and then a separate one covering the event itself, so no worries there. I can promote this one instead of the other, and it'll be easier for visitors instead of having to scroll through pages and pages of discussion (since they see posts at 10/page by default) to get to the live action.

Sherdog physiologist here

You can tell Canelo is scared & look how much shorter he is without Clen
d198bd736a1536967261_standard_desktop_medium_retina.jpeg

Vs on clen

images

I think he is clearly lighter, and the fact that his face looks considerably less gaunt would suggest that he had to sweat a lot less weight off for the weigh-in.
Gaunt face..lol he has a beard in both pics, angle, lighting, hard to tell. But tell me this how can you see two differemt bodys in the pics. He looks the same dude. And what did he weight in at?

Gaunt face..lol he has a beard in both pics, angle, lighting, hard to tell. But tell me this how can you see two differemt bodys in the pics. He looks the same dude. And what did he weight in at?

I mean, do you think it's not possible to see if his face is gaunt if he has a beard? I think it's a good thing he's carrying less mass, but he's definitely carrying less mass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back