***The Official SANCTIONED Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz RBR Thread 9PM EST Showtime***

Last time I checked Wilder brutally ko'd Ortiz just like he's done to like 38 of his other 39 opponents. That's called having good "killer instinct." Arguing semantics like Wilder's not the killer we thought b/c he had a guy hurt once and didn't finish it just goes to show how little ppl realize knocking out another giant, tough as rocks human being is, who has physically and mentally prepared to get hit, stay calm, and fight back for almost his whole life in Ortiz.

This isn't David Price, Ortiz has a great chin, he was saved by the bell, showed his veteran instincts, took the minute to recover on the stool, and came back valiantly almost getting the ko in his own right, b/c that's what great fighters do.

Wilder might've let him off the hook once, that's extremely rare for him. But did he not make up for it with that little punch he landed in the 10th? The one that put Ortiz to sleep on his knees, like when you sucker punch a hooker who's getting way too toothy on your 7 dollar beej? Wait is that only me? What? Nm. Yeah Deontay ended that dude.

License to Kill. Annnnd Stillll Undefeated.

Bring it on AJ you big British bastard. We're ready for the Revolution part 2. King Kong has nothing on us and neither did King George III. We'll go to your soil this time. The rematch that's been 240+ years in the making. 1812 shit doesn't count.

You win you get North and South Dakota. We win we get all the countries in the UK. We don't need diplomats for this shit. We'll settle it on here. I can get our Prez to sign just about anything as long as there's a diet coke involved. Deal?

Last edited:
Last time I checked .....

Bring it on AJ you big British bastard. We're ready for the Revolution part 2. King Kong has nothing on us and neither did King George III. We'll go to your soil this time. The rematch that's been 240+ years in the making. 1812 shit doesn't count?

<escalate99>

I wanted to give them Maine as a third choice so we could have a breather from you ppl, but I decided that you're a necessary evil to this country and apparently you have some fun vacation spots for the summer. Lobster too.

I love the Brits but it's time for fucking war. Btw speaking of the mostly forgotten longterm military engagement known as the War of 1812, did you know the Battle of New Orleans took place like two weeks after the official truce was signed to end the War of 1812, rendering the battle, all of the casualties and rampant destruction of property that ensued, basically useless?Basically the biggest effect of our victory was almost to boost Old Hickory aka Andrew Jackson's popularity among his troops and ignited the legendary military man and divisively looked upon politician that he is now regarded as in American history? All due to the pony express and the generally antiquated form of delivering news to the masses from a far distance. God damned snail mail.

Btw, God bless Dolly Madison for saving the portrait of the milfiest milf ever to live, Martha Washington (so fucking hot look her up you won't be disappointed) and the inclement weather that saved our capital from fully burning down, by way of the Brits and their shrewd military tactics.

You surpass Wilder in promoting this fight... hillariously dangerous...

Watching this fight on TV doesnt do it justice.

It was fucking incredible watching this in person. Now I know what Klitshko/Joshua must have felt like for those 90k people.

The one thing I hated about that event was between Wilder/Ortiz and Dirrell/Uzca, Jim Grey made all of us jump up and down and cheer loudly and boo loudly for the filming of Creed 2. That took like 45 minutes. Thats why they had the long interviews in between.

It was fucking incredible watching this in person. Now I know what Klitshko/Joshua must have felt like for those 90k people.

The one thing I hated about that event was between Wilder/Ortiz and Dirrell/Uzca, Jim Grey made all of us jump up and down and cheer loudly and boo loudly for the filming of Creed 2. That took like 45 minutes. Thats why they had the long interviews in between.
You'll do what Jim Gray tells you to do and you'll like it.

Jim Grey's a pussy.

Last time I checked Wilder brutally ko'd Ortiz just like he's done to like 38 of his other 39 opponents. That's called having good "killer instinct." Arguing semantics like Wilder's not the killer we thought b/c he had a guy hurt once and didn't finish it just goes to show how little ppl realize knocking out another giant, tough as rocks human being is, who has physically and mentally prepared to get hit, stay calm, and fight back for almost his whole life in Ortiz.

This isn't David Price, Ortiz has a great chin, he was saved by the bell, showed his veteran instincts, took the minute to recover on the stool, and came back valiantly almost getting the ko in his own right, b/c that's what great fighters do.

Wilder might've let him off the hook once, that's extremely rare for him. But did he not make up for it with that little punch he landed in the 10th? The one that put Ortiz to sleep on his knees, like when you sucker punch a hooker who's getting way too toothy on your 7 dollar beej? Wait is that only me? What? Nm. Yeah Deontay ended that dude.

Bring it on AJ you big British bastard. We're ready for the Revolution part 2. King Kong has nothing on us and neither did King George III. We'll go to your soil this time. The rematch that's been 240+ years in the making. 1812 shit doesn't count.

You win you get North and South Dakota. We win we get all the countries in the UK. We don't need diplomats for this shit. We'll settle it on here. I can get our Prez to sign just about anything as long as there's a diet coke involved. Deal?

This is interesting poetry Mr Blunt. We will consume your secretions...

"Rule, Brittania!" versus "America, Fuck Yeah!"

I like it, they should go for that angle. More vitriol.

They should feature Thomas Shelby and Luca Changretta from the Blinders in some of the promos. Gypsy crooks versus New York mobsters.
Fuck it, go for nostalgia.

K.

So whats the chance it happens going forward? Do you think its a good chance? How frequently do you see his opponents lasting after theyve been hurt?
I think if he fights AJ he won't finish him if he gets him hurt. Wlad hit AJ real hard but AJ survived with good head movement. When he wants to he can be difficult to hit. Wilder has a killer instinct but he tends to go wild with huge looping punches that are easy to avoid with good head movement.

You can just have Wales, win or lose

I think if he fights AJ he won't finish him if he gets him hurt. Wlad hit AJ real hard but AJ survived with good head movement. When he wants to he can be difficult to hit. Wilder has a killer instinct but he tends to go wild with huge looping punches that are easy to avoid with good head movement.
So, AJ is better defensively than Ortiz?

no, but he does have far better recuperating ability. klitschko pretty much shot him in the head with a magnum and he not only picked himself up back to his feet but cruised through the onslaught. he was also clever enough to take a few rounds off to recover and then kill wlad when he had the chance. ortiz climbed back to his feet, landed a beautiful punch, then went haywire and completely spent himself.

i think it's silly to compare the two. ortiz is a far better technician and has a better chin, but he is old as shit. he would've gassed in the final rounds even if wilder hadn't dropped him, even if luis hadn't had that flurry. joshua packs a ton of power, i'd say enough to knock wilder out if he gets him hurt. he isn't as technical as ortiz, but he's far more technical than wilder, and clean enough to land combos on him.

wilder is resilient and he has fucking dynamite in his fists. but joshua also has stupid power and he's still got the lungs to come back when he's hurt. i wouldn't be surprised to see either guy laid out at the end of this one, and i always side with the boxer, so i'm picking joshua. wilder can easily knock him dead in the first round though... as well as the other way around.

When he uses his head movement it's pretty good yes. Trouble is he often doesn't use it until after he's been hit. I think the relatively equal reach will help AJ stay at the correct range to stay safe.

When he uses his head movement it's pretty good yes. Trouble is he often doesn't use it until after he's been hit. I think the relatively equal reach will help AJ stay at the correct range to stay safe.
Lol. FUCK NO is the answer. AJ is not a better defensive fighter than Ortiz. At all. On any level.

Lol. FUCK NO is the answer. AJ is not a better defensive fighter than Ortiz. At all. On any level.

^Amen to this. People are on board with AJ over Wilder because he has a more muscular physique? That's the only area one could possibly cite as an advantage for AJ. Wilder has literally twice the fights, stays more active and is down to fight anyone.

Back