Media *** The Official Ronda Rousey Mega Thread *** (UPDATED)

Was never offended, you keep inserting feelings that don't exist and were never mentioned, while spouting about "MMA should never effect personal life."

I said this thread was entertaining because of some of the diatribes, and somehow you've turned that into me being offended and Ronda's biggest fan. I think that says more about your lack of comprehension than it does my being an offended fan of Ronda.

10-1 you turn that into something it totally isn't, too, so this will be my last response.
Fair enough. I don’t remember exactly what your original post said at this point. But it seemed like you were trying to suggest people were weird for talking about MMA news on an MMA site. And Sherdog is such a glitchy website to navigate on mobile. I rather not have to dig it back up. We can just leave it at this.

Fair, but there's a big difference in me saying some of you have clearly been hurt by a woman, versus the paragraphs long "she's a psychopath, no she's a narcissist, no she's a classic clinical sociopath" silliness I was referring to with the armchair comment.

I ain't tryng to diagnose anybody, but it's impossible not to see some of these responses and not think some woman must've just hurt some of these folks badly.
So we can then take your logic and say it’s impossible not to see some of Ronda’s interviews or the entire reality TV show centered around her or how her career in UFC/WWE panned out, and not think she has some kind of mental condition.

So we can then take your logic and say it’s impossible not to see some of Ronda’s interviews or the entire reality TV show centered around her or how her career in UFC/WWE panned out, and not think she has some kind of mental condition.
Yeah weird how a handful of people stating Ronda has traits of a psycho and narcissist (aka bitch) somehow strikes controversy/arguments in a thread in which the premise of the thread is Jimmy Smith basically saying he has firsthand knowledge of people who know her in real life rooting against her because she's a psycho bitch in person........

It's like seriously? "You neckbeards and armchair psychologist" is a weird hill to die on given the premise of this thread. Ronda being mentally ill and universally disliked is pretty much a unanimous consensus around here

Last edited:
I never stepped foot into this thread until I seen it was now a megathread lol wtf. Do we really have that much to say about honda?

The video that Jimmy Smith made today describing what Ronda's really like should have its own thread. He tells why he said what he said the other day. What a fucking really trashy human being she is. I despise people like her.

Last edited:
@Nathan LaMontagne is my go to Judoka on here. I am sure he has some insights.

Imo, there were some pretty decent female judokas. Her record, however, was nothing special at 56-19. In addition, and I am going to shit for this on here, but Tate has pretty solid wrestling. Rousey's problem was with technical or power strikers. Partly because she was no real threat on her feet, and partly because she has zero head movement.

Ronda was Good, even very good at Judo. But she wasn't one of the true elites worldwide. She did have physicality over a lot of female Judoka and also had youth.

There's a reason the US has only had low single digit medal count in the olympics.

I still think to this day Ronda's worst matchup was herself and THE idiot coach telling her she's a good striker. She also had/has huge issues with self reflection.

Her first "loss" in a way was the Bethe Correira fight. If she did t win that fight by KO she may have not tried her awful striking against Holm.

Overall I think skill wise, Ronda is actually one of the best to do it, though that skill was 100% in the grappling.

I'm sure Ronda is in shambles.

Crying Wiping Tears With Money GIF - Crying Wiping Tears With Money Sad -  Discover & Share GIFs

I don't think she cares anymore. She's rich, got a family a farm and her fanbase probably interacts w her on twitch. She's good.

There is already a mega thread on this.

I don't think she cares anymore. She's rich, got a family a farm and her fanbase probably interacts w her on twitch. She's good.

There is already a mega thread on this.
Money is never enough for narcissists like Ronda.

Unconditional love and and admiration no matter how shitty they act is what truly gets them high.

Money is never enough for narcissists like Ronda.

Unconditional love and and admiration no matter how shitty they act is what truly gets them high.
I think y'all don't like to think about her as being happy. I also think she's conflicted about the publics view of her. She liked the admiration but didn't let it influence her actions. If she didn't like someone or had an unpopular opinion she would stick to it instead of placate the mma audience.

I think y'all don't like to think about her as being happy. I also think she's conflicted about the publics view of her. She liked the admiration but didn't let it influence her actions. If she didn't like someone or had an unpopular opinion she would stick to it instead of placate the mma audience.
it's not hard at all to tell that behind the scenes she's not happy.

I'm sure Ronda is in shambles.

Crying Wiping Tears With Money GIF - Crying Wiping Tears With Money Sad -  Discover & Share GIFs
The way she reacts to anything negative pretty much says it all.

But to answer OP, I only thing I feel bad about is we never got to see Ronda's full potential. She was obviously a gifted athlete but a terrible person who unfortunately surrounded herself with the wrong people. Under the right training she probably could've beaten Holly in a rematch, but her ego had just gotten too big at that time to let her improve in any way, personally or athletically.

Last edited:
Not even remotely. Completely self inflicted.

Back