The Official Recipe Thread:

Sinister

Doctor of Doom
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Rather than creating a sub-forum for recipes I figured it'd be a good idea to just make a sticky completely dedicated to recipes. This is where we can share our favorite recipes that contribute to good eating and proper fueling for whatever Athletics we embark upon. I'll share a couple for now, I just worked out so mentally I'm a little wasted, more to come when I can think more clearly:

Guilt Free Hamburgers:

I posted this in another thread, but for those interested in how to have those Sunday cookouts without all the cursing and swearing for cheating on your regimen, here ya go.

1/4 lb of 99% lean ground beef or ground turkey patties (or if you prefer hand-rolling your burgers you'll need a couple of eggs or whatever you use to hold the meat together, I use eggs because there's nothing wrong with them).
whole wheat bun
1/2 cup or so of mixed veggies (I prefer bell peppers, zucchini, perhaps squash, onions)
1 teaspoon either steak sauce or BBQ sauce
Dash of pepper
Dash of salt

You can cook the burgers any way BUT frying. Foreman grill, open-flame grill, or even broiler if you don't have grill access. Broilers are underestimated a lot. If you use one of those broiler pans where the fat drips into a lower pan you can eliminate some of the fat from the meat. Though ground turkey won't have a lot to begin with. You can either marinade the meat in the sauce or add while cooking, doesn't really matter but I prefer marinading overnight. Cook to your preference of tenderness.

Sautee the vegetables to preferred tenderness.

Toast the buns if you like.

When you top the burgers with the vegetables, done just right, the consistency of the veggies will resemble cheese, thus, you won't miss cheese at all.

Guilt-free Strawberry Cheesecake:

I didn't think this was possible but my Aunt pulled out a miracle. Every year for my Birthday (22nd of December), my Aunt makes a Strawberry Cheesecake. But me being in Pro training I was dreading having to give it away. So she says she could concoct a version I could eat. Here's how she did it:

She took a typical cheesecake recipe but did some substitutions.

Skim milk in place of milk.
Eggs were fine.
Non-fat cottege cheese.
Light cream.
Splenda in place of sugar.

And instead of making the entire cake cheese she used a layer of angel-food cake beneath a layer of the cheesecake. The strawberry topping was also made from fresh strawberries, no syrup.

Tasted pretty good, too.

Here's also my little protein concoction that I use post-workout:

2 scoops ON Vanilla Whey Protein
2 tablespoons apple cinnamon Lecithin Granules
1/3 of a banana
2 cups of skim milk
4 ice-cubes

Comes out pretty nice and fairly tasty.

That's it for now, feel free to share whatever others you like.

eggs + heavy cream + milk + bourbon + nutmeg. Keeps you warm (ok, so the booze doesn't ACTUALLY keep you warm) and helps you put on a protective layer of bulk in the long run. It's got protein, healthy fats, not so healthy fats, and booze.

4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
1 pint whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
3 ounces bourbon (I used wild turkey, and while 3 shots sounds like very little, the flavor of wild turkey goes far)
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 egg whites*

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.

Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.

Bourbon is key really. I think it lends a better flavor in comparison to brandy or rum.

It would appear this thread is not getting enough attention... So here's my breakfast for the last couple days:

Christmas leftover hash

This is something you can do with most leftovers. There's always potatoes around the holidays, and in my house there is always leftovers for about a week. everything is already cooked (except the bacon) and you're really just reheating it all. so here's breakfast today:

2 slices bacon
some roast beef
slice of ham
bowl full of cheesy baked sliced potatoes
1 egg (or two if you like)

Fry bacon and ham in cast iron skillet (my new favorite pan). remove from pan, when it's almost done, heat up the beef in the same pan. remove meat and set asside, but leave juices in the pan. Now cook your eggs (scramble them) in the bacon grease, when they're done add potatoes (chopped up), as they cook chop your meat into about 1/4 inch or 1cm squares and add to pan. Cook for a little bit, then move it all to one side of the pan and tilt opposite direction to allow grease to pool outside of your breakfast. Serve and eat.

I love bulking food. I made this with what I have available but here's what you need to do to make your own:
- cook and chop your meat together
- cook in your bacon grease (that's good eats, and you won't need butter or oil or anything)
- Meat + potatoes + eggs + cheese
- If you don't have potatoes that are already cooked, cook some hashbrowns before you cook your eggs.

That's it.

Man that's a man's breakfast if I ever seen one. If only it could be followed by a Doctor-recommended Cigar. lol

And yeah, I saw a lot of crying for a set place for recipes...well here it is, and I DON'T SEE NO RECIPES.

Put the phone down, Dominos or the corner Chinese place is not going to sustain your nutritional needs. Get to cookin mufuckas!

what about all the gr8 recipies dotted around this site can we get all those put in here?

Not really a recipe, but here it goes.

Get some really lean ground turkey. Get some Taco Bell taco seasoning. Get some low carb tortillas of your choice. Chop onions, tomatoes, and get some shredded lettuce.

Prepare meat per the directions on the packet and have softtacos.

You can also modify this to make enchiladas. Prepare the meat the same way, stuff the tortillas with meat and onions (small amount of cheese if you like). Arrange them in a baking pan, pour enchilada sauce over them, sprinkle cheese on top. Bake until desired cripsness is acheived.

I like to prepare black beans with jalepenos as a side dish.

You can omit the tortillias and have a taco salad, minus the taco.

Here is an easy one.

Materials needed:
chicken breast (as much or little as you want, doesnt' matter)
bread crumbs (comes in a cylinder, you can find them at any grocery store)

Thaw out the chicken. cover the chicken breast in bread crumbs. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook it for about 40 minutes. This might be a little overkill, so you should check on it after about 30 minutes to make sure you don't burn it. And if it stays int here for 40 minutes, make sure you cut the chicken in half to check on it, nobody wants to get sick from undercooked chicken.

This is an easy recipe, but i have just one question. The bread crumbs say they don't have any fat, but are they bad for you at all? Hopefully somebody can answer this before tonight, because this is what I plan on cooking for dinner.

Another recipe is chicken breakfast burritos.

Materials needed:
tortillas, burrito size (i use 98% fat free)
2 eggs (either 2 whites, or 1 white/1 whole egg)
2-3 chicken strips (depending on how much protein you want)

pretty self explanatory, cook the chicken, scramble the eggs, put it all together, and maybe use a little hotsauce, and put as many, or as little vegetables as you want.

Seriously, if there is anything on these recipes that I should change/replace please tell me, because i'm under the impression that both of these are pretty healthy.

what about all the gr8 recipies dotted around this site can we get all those put in here?

Good idea, on my next off-day I'll work on that.

Chad - awesome.

Everyone else thanks for the contributions.

This particular recipe is stolen from Micheal Tierra. I use his as an example because of it's simplicity to prepare...and understand.
Kichari is meant to balance. Which is why you must be particular with the ingredients.
Some in the TCM circle who understand their bodies and functions to a high degree can alter this recipe by adding "warming" or "cooling" ingredients to balance any deficiency they may have. I mention this because unless you know a TCM practitioner or are on another level mentally, (as I am) you should not change the recipe to suit your "personal taste".

I typically eat this once a day.
I prepare twice as much as the recipe says and I also use 1/2 times more water than this recipe calls for. I don't like mine so thick.
You have to make sure it cooks slow, it takes me about an hour and ten minutes.
Barely a simmer.

1 cup whole mung beans
2 cups brown rice
4 1/4 cups cold water

Put these three ingredients into a pot, put the lid on until it boils, then lower the temperature to Low and cook for 45 minutes.

When the rice/mung beans are about ten minutes away from being ready put the following ingredients into a frying pan with the heat on low for ten minutes or so...just to fuse all the spices...

1-2 tbsp clarified butter
3/4 tsp sea salt or rock salt
1 tbsp ground cumin (freshly ground makes a huge difference)
1 tbsp ground coriander (freshly ground makes a huge difference)
1 tbsp turmeric

Pour into pot of rice/bean, fold together. Done.

Here's a little education I pulled: READ
The following is an excerpt from Michael Tierra's book,
The Way of Chinese Herbs

We have discussed the value of brown rice as the most balanced food because it supplies a well-balanced complex carbohydrate for sustained balanced energy. Mung beans are unique in that they supply the necessary amino acids, which, with the brown rice, help enrich the overall protein value. Another important and unique aspect of mung beans is that because they have a cool energy, they are detoxifying and help neutralize acids. Mung beans are even recommended as one of the substances to treat toxicity symptoms of aconite poisoning. Mung beans are therefore a proteinaceous, highly nutritious blood purifier. By neutralizing toxins throughout the body, they are able to calm the mind, relieve hypertension, clear the accumulation of excess cholesterol and other lipids from the veins and arteries of the body, and promote the healing of all diseases. Unlike fruit or vegetable fasts, which are also cooling but lack the denser nutrients, a diet high in mung beans, especially a kichari and mung bean diet, achieves a more balanced detoxification without aggravating any nutritional deficiences.

"This isn't food; this is medicine!" The combination of brown rice and mung beans in kichari represents a perfect combination of life-sustaining protein and carbohydrates. Secondly, the addition of whole rock salt supplies added trace minerals the body needs to properly use other nutrients. Third, but not least, the three essential spices, coriander, cumin, and turmeric, the basis of curry mixtures, each have unique therapeutic properties that aid digestion and prevent food and other stagnations from occuring. Traditional nutrition beliefs of both China and India seem to imply that it is the subtle combination of the five flavors, which activates each of the internal organic processes, and this may be more important even than the nutritional content of food. Let's look at these. Coriander and cumin seeds have warm, spicy energy and benefit the lungs and spleen for better assimilation and transformation of food into energy. Turmeric, with its bitter and spicy flavours, is well known in TCM for its liver-detoxifying and blood- and qi-circulating properties that help to prevent stagnation and relieve pain.

Any questions, google or ask me.

Here's a couple quick ones for all you busy folk...

Quick Breakfast:
Toast 2 pieces of whole wheat toast or one whole wheat english muffin.
Put one egg (break it first...) into a small microwavable bowl and and mix it up with a fork (breaking the yolk), and microwave for about one minute.
When the toast is done, put the egg between the two slices and chow down. Add cheese if you want.

Quick Breakfast II:
Mix one egg and one cup of instant oatmeal. Add milk to achieve desired consistancy and microwave for one to two minutes. Add blueberries or what ever you normally put on your oatmeal.

Quick Lunch:
Mix one can chunk light tuna into a mixed green salad. Add Basalmic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive oil to taste.

Quick Dinner:
Cover Baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat lightly with PAM. Place salmon portion(s) on tray. Season with Lime juice, butter, parsley (and any other herbs you like) to taste. Broil for 10 to 12 minutes. Wild rice and sauted asperagus are good side dishes and they can be made while you're waiting for the salmon.

One of the main excuses for not eating healthy is "I don't have time to cook." With that in mind, here are the quickest recipes I can think of. Breakfast is crucial, therefore I posted 2 recipes. The lunch recipe can be made anywhere in about a minute. The dinner recipe takes a bit longer, but it's faster than ordering a pizza and it will look better on you too. Happy eating

Ultimate Mass Building Shake:

6 whole eggs
1 cup uncooked oats
1 cup apple juice
1 packet of either MRP or Protein, MRP for more calories
5g of creatine monohydrate, unflavored

Blend at high speed for about a minute or two, guzzle down as fast as you can before the oatmeal turns into cement.

Flapjacks for MASS:

12 egg-whites and two whole eggs.
1 cup of oatmeal.
Couple drips of vanilla extract.
Couple dashes of cinnamon (you can use a good amount, cinnamon is actually pretty healthy)

Throw it all in a bowl, whip into batter.

Pour into skillet (use PAM)

Makes two 7-inch pancakes.

Top with Splenda.

"Superbowl" of Breakfast
mix in microwave-safe bowl
1 egg
1 cup of milk
1 scoop of your favorite whey protein (vanilla)
3/4 cup of oats
handful of almonds
1/2 cup of frozen fruit (I use a blend of blueberries, rasberries, blackberries)

Microwave for about 4 minutes or until it has the consistency that you like in your oats. I eat this with a pair of wholegrain frozen waffles and a protein shake. It'll stick some meat to your bones.

Great breakfast full of protein for breakfast serve with a lil maple syrup or fresh fruit.

Get a bit of stale or lightly toasted bread. Cut it upinto 1 inch cubes. Get a muffin tin. Put cubes in muffin tin. Now grab a bown take 5 egg whites 3 whole eggs and a little big of milk and beat to consistency. Pour over bread in invidual tins 3/4 of the way up. Let chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. Get um out, pop up in a 350 degree oven about 10-15 minutes. Just keep checkin stick a tooth pick in the middle to test. Serve um up kid.

King Kabuki said:
"Superbowl" of Breakfast
mix in microwave-safe bowl
1 egg
1 cup of milk
1 scoop of your favorite whey protein (vanilla)
3/4 cup of oats
handful of almonds
1/2 cup of frozen fruit (I use a blend of blueberries, rasberries, blackberries)

Microwave for about 4 minutes or until it has the consistency that you like in your oats. I eat this with a pair of wholegrain frozen waffles and a protein shake. It'll stick some meat to your bones.

sounds good. im gonna try it out

BREAKFAST BURRITO

3 whole eggs
some cooking oil
some cottage cheese
some deli turkey
some chili powder
1 tortilla

Cook the eggs in the oil. Warm a tortilla. Put cooked eggs and the rest of the stuff into tortilla wrapper. Fold into a burrito. Stuff your face.

Tip 1: All this stuff nice and neat if you make all the other ingredients into an omelette then wrap up the omelette in the wrapper into a burrito.

Tip 2: This morning I happened to use deli turkey. Use whatever meat you want....tuna, chicken, ham, bacon, sausage, spam, whatever.

Tip 3: On those days when I just dont give a shit, I replace cottage cheese with handfulls of cheddar and monterrey jack. And the turkey with spam or bacon. Some days I'll even toss some butter into the oil.

Tip 4: The break burrito is just a variation of something I eat more often...

THE BREAKFAST OMELETTE
3-4 whole eggs
some canola oil
some cottage cheese
some meat
some veggie (usually tomato, mushroom, or spinach)

2 Lbs. 97-99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
Diced White Onion to taste (I use 1/4)
1 Can Stewed Tomatoes 14 oz
1 Can Kidney Beans
1 Can Pinto Beans
1 Can Tomato Sauce 8oz
1 bag Carroll Shelby Chili Kit (found in grocery store)
carroll_shelby_r3_c3.gif

Sautee chopped onion. I used 1 TSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Throw in the meat and brown. No need to drain, as there is little fat.

Once brown, add:

Can of Tomato Sauce
8 oz water
Can of Stewed Tomoto
Chili Mix (Big Packet)
Salt (to taste)
Chayenne Packet (to taste)

Mix that and let simmer for 10 minutes.

At the 10 minute mark, add both cans of beans and stir. Let simmer for 5 minutes.

I omit the flour to make this relatively low carb and is as low fat as the meat you put in. It tastes GREAT, fills you up, and is good for post workout protein. You can eat as much as you want (within reason).

I usually eat 1 to 1 1/2 bowls. It makes about 6-10 bowls worth.

The above recipe made my testicles ascend in horror. You are not to put beans in chili. Ever. As it happens I made chili tonight, and here's about what I used:

1.33 lbs ground beef
3 pieces of bacon
.5 lbs sausage (my grocery store sells "breakfast sausage." It's pork, it's seasoned, it's ready to be made into patties, and it's tastey)
2 shallots (finely chopped)
1 onion (finely chopped)
1-2 cups strong coffee
1 bottle beer (I used corona extra cause that's all I had on hand, but a good ale would be much better) ... an extra bottle for the chef is good
1 chipotle pepper in abodo sauce (not one can, one pepper, chopped fine. You can add more peppers for more heat if you like)
2 tsp coco powder
2-3 tsp honey
2 dried ancho chile peppers (deseeded and chopped fine. I grind mine in a coffee grinder.)
2 dried california chile peppers (deseeded and chopped fine, again I grind mine in a coffee grinder instead of chopping them)
1.5 tsp liquid smoke
1-2 tsp chili poder
2-3 tsp cumin
7 oz tomato paste
8 oz salsa

Grind bacon (i used a food processor). Season all meat with chili powder, salt and pepper, brown all meat in a 5 qt dutch oven (the only pot you need for this recipe). remove from pot and sweat (not saute) onions garlic and chile peppers over med-low heat until onions are soft. Add everything else, slap the lid on and let it sit on a low flame for for 3-4 hours, stirring every 30-40 minutes.

It's chili, it's manly, and it's not this foo-foo turkey chili and kidney bean stuff. It seems like a big list, but mostly chili is a concoction of shit you have around your kitchen (salsa, chlli powder, chile peppers, tomato paste, honey, coco powder, beer, coffee, onions, cumin and shallots were all things I had just sitting around. You can do well with a lot less). In fact, real chile con carne is defined only by three ingredients: meat, cumin, and chile peppers. Chili is about the chile peppers, the sooner you recognize that, the better off you'll be.

and while I'm here, here's a corned beef hash recipe for chad:
1-2 tbs bacon grease
1 can corned beef hash
garlic salt and cayenne pepper to taste

heat bacon grease in a cast iron skillet (my weapon of choice). Empty can into skillette, cook until hot and maybe a little crispy (I always purposefully overcook mine cause I like it crispy, but really it's ready to eat out of the can, so cook it until it looks good to you). add a scrambled egg or two (or 7 for all I care, but I never go past two) cook until eggs are done, then season and eat.

Back